PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July in So Ca

Big Warlock
06-30-2005, 07:29 AM
Headed to Laguna and Newport for the fourth of July!! Be there tomorrow!! Planning on making a run to Catalina on Saturday. Probably up to Long Beach and such on Sunday. And hanging out in Emerald Bay for the fourth!!
Anyone else going to be in town and on the water? We have three powerboats and a 62 foot base boat! Look out for us!! :rollside: :rollside:

SUBPRIME
06-30-2005, 08:09 AM
I will be making my first catalina run this weekend. Actually it will be my first time putting the new boat in the ocean! Any tips for the ocean newbie is appreciated! I plan on boating sat. through mon. Any HB people around make sure you say HI!

H20 Toie
06-30-2005, 08:53 AM
I will be making my first catalina run this weekend. Actually it will be my first time putting the new boat in the ocean! Any tips for the ocean newbie is appreciated! I plan on boating sat. through mon. Any HB people around make sure you say HI!
Get a VHF radio and charge the batteries also doesn't hurt to join Vessel Assist. Take your time and enjoy and go with another boat. also do you have a Gps and a compass it can get foggy in a hurry and even though it might be clear when you leave it can change before you can get back. A map is a good idea also. and let someone know where you are going and when you plan to return. then have fun and watch out for the whales i had one come up in front of me a couple of weeks ago.

Big Warlock
06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
watch the weather. Check the forecasts. It can be nice in the morning and hell in the afternoon. Take care in planning to stay over if you have to. We'll look for you. Scarab and 2 Warlocks should be over there Sat and Sun weather dependent. Monday in Emerald Bay Stop by.
Rob

WILD LAVEY
06-30-2005, 10:19 PM
where is emerald bay. ill be in havasu sat and sun, but i plan on being on the ocean on the 4th.

Big Warlock
06-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Emerald Bay is the first big bay in Laguna. We will be behind a 70 foot yacht tied up. You know me so hook with us when you get there. Powerboats should be strung out behind them and we will have plenty of toys there. About 20 people so far.
Rob

WILD LAVEY
06-30-2005, 11:10 PM
cool, ill keep an eye out for ya.

locogringo
07-01-2005, 12:29 AM
still debating on dunking her in the big tank this weekend. Not sure yet...

Havasu Hangin'
07-01-2005, 03:58 AM
I'll probably be out on Sunday. Probably do Newport-Yardhouse and back.
Catalina will probably be booked (no mooring), so I'd be prepared to anchor (it ain't the river out there). Here's the weather:
PZZ655-011600-
INNER WATERS FROM POINT MUGU TO SAN MATEO PT. CA INCLUDING SANTA
CATALINA AND SANTA BARBARA ISLANDS-
300 AM PDT FRI JUL 1 2005
TODAY
W WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO
3 FT AT 8 SECONDS AND S 3 FT AT 13 SECONDS. AREAS OF FOG WITH VSBY
1 NM OR LESS EARLY IN THE MORNING.
TONIGHT
W WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO
3 FT AT 8 SECONDS AND S 3 FT AT 13 SECONDS. AREAS OF FOG WITH VSBY
1 NM OR LESS.
SAT
W WIND 10 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W
SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 8 SECONDS. AREAS OF FOG WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS IN
THE MORNING.
SAT NIGHT
W WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT.
AREAS OF FOG.
SUN
W WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT.
AREAS OF FOG IN THE MORNING.
SUN NIGHT
WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W
SWELL 3 TO 5 FT. AREAS OF FOG.
MON
WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3
TO 5 FT. AREAS OF FOG.

wantacat
07-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Welcome to Hot boat!! Great choice on the Nordic, I love my heat! You will have a good time out there! Ive never been out in the big blue myself so I can't give you any tips. From what I have heard though, you should be out there with another boat.

SUBPRIME
07-01-2005, 08:08 AM
thanks for all the tip, got most covered, even joined vessel assit. I will look for ya "bigwarlock" this weekend for sure! So far I'm the only boat in the group, if anyone is leaving from newport or huntington harbor this weekend let me know!