PDA

View Full Version : Bridge to Bridge

69 Elim
06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Can someone post a link to get some info on the Bridge to Bridge run in Sac.?
thanks.

hottub
06-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Here you go!!
http://www.pokerrunswest.com/

abraman1326
06-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Thank you, I've been looking for info as well.
BRA

RADDONKEY
06-30-2005, 10:43 AM
I can't wait to check it out! RD

MOBrien
06-30-2005, 10:44 AM
It's the weekend of July 23rd. We'll be out there. Not sure if we'll be on the water or sittin in the balcony at Rio City....but we'll be there somewhere.
Robbie Racer, R52, Washed Ashore, Boatmaster, jetboatguru - you guys running it this year or what? :idea:

RACER52
06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
you know it...
someone has to represent the slow cats out there..
Racer

acatitude
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
The slow cats????? that wont be you racer, youll be right there with them bro. I dont think Keith is going and im motorless till after that so youll have a big rootin section. Ill be there hangin around if ya need any help with anything, if you run across an extra wrist band save it for me, :D , have you registered yet?? I heard Chris was only lettin 50 boats in and had 43 but that may not be gospil. See ya there Friday night for sure .
Last year a lot of the bad lookin 26 cats never got to 100, stuck in the nineties. I think they took that nasty turn before the bridge to slow. its a little sharp but ya gotta let it hang out around there to hit top speed under bridge.
One guy spun out around there last year and I think his rider broke his leg as I heard.
If only that stingy Keith would loan me his spare instead of it collectin dust :idea: think how much more room youd have in your garage, Keith.

ELIMINAT THIS
06-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Nobody worry I will be there,too have the cats stuck in the 90's class covered. :(

acatitude
06-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Nobody worry I will be there,too have the cats stuck in the 90's class covered. :(
ITS ALL GOOD You'll cover more then that

MOBrien
06-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I know Photoglou will be there in his newly repowered 42 Lightning. That's a baaaaaaaaad boat.
Troy, you got a copy of the registry list? What kind of boats are signed up to participate this year?
Can't wait.

ELIMINAT THIS
06-30-2005, 06:49 PM
I know Photoglou will be there in his newly repowered 42 Lightning. That's a baaaaaaaaad boat.
Troy, you got a copy of the registry list? What kind of boats are signed up to participate this year?
Can't wait.
MoBrien do you know what kinda power Photoglou has.There will be one 42 with 2x1000hp from the bay area.

MOBrien
06-30-2005, 07:10 PM
I believe he told me the repower was an upgrade to twin 1500's....don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I guess we'll know for sure in three weeks. :D
Elim This.....you're running in it?

ELIMINAT THIS
06-30-2005, 08:26 PM
I believe he told me the repower was an upgrade to twin 1500's....don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I guess we'll know for sure in three weeks. :D
Elim This.....you're running in it?
Damn 3000 hp ya that is baaaaaaaaad ass.
Yep cant wait. I will be there with the Gator Marine boys where bringing my boat(If I dont brake it this weekend trying to keep up with that damn Racer52) and a 40'advantage hard top,24'eliminator,and a 30' spectra with tripple wakkers. :cool: Hope to see you there.

Jrocket
06-30-2005, 08:59 PM
90's? Whats the deal? Is there not enough room to hang it out?

diggler
06-30-2005, 09:30 PM
I'll be running mine out there.

ELIMINAT THIS
06-30-2005, 10:40 PM
90's? Whats the deal? Is there not enough room to hang it out?
At the risk of sounding like RockitMan. :hammerhea Less then ideal conditions for anybodys best ever run.Temps 95-105 deg.,sticky flat water.you run up river and ther is a sweeping left turn.Thats my story and Im sticking to it.I almost for got the #1 reason I will be in the 90's my boats best ever is 102. Btw im not baging on the B2B its a must do event on the west coast.

abraman1326
07-01-2005, 09:52 AM
I'll be running mine out there.
Hell yeah Diggler. Run it hard. Can't wait to see what you can do from under the bridge. I may have to stand up there to catch some of your spray...
BRA

MOBrien
07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Damn 3000 hp ya that is baaaaaaaaad ass.
Yep cant wait. I will be there with the Gator Marine boys where bringing my boat(If I dont brake it this weekend trying to keep up with that damn Racer52) and a 40'advantage hard top,24'eliminator,and a 30' spectra with tripple wakkers. :cool: Hope to see you there.
sweet. I'll be lookin for you guys.
is the 40' advantage the "Collegewood" boat......Spectre w/trips = "wild thing"?
Should be a fun weekend. I'm sure the all white Skaters will be there along with the Mr. Sweeper boat. I wonder what Semper has up their sleeve this year. Hell yea, I'm gettin excited that it's almost time for B2B again!!!

ELIMINAT THIS
07-01-2005, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=MOBrien]sweet. I'll be lookin for you guys.
is the 40' advantage the "Collegewood" boat......Spectre w/trips = "wild thing"?
Should be a fun weekend. I'm sure the all white Skaters will be there along with the Mr. Sweeper boat. I wonder what Semper has up their sleeve this year. Hell yea, I'm gettin excited that it's almost time for B2B again!!![/QUO
Mobrien = Yes the Spectre is Wild Thing Carlos just got the new power heads on,shake down run last night at 109.Going to test again too night said he's going to let it hang out,hopeing for 115+. :cool: Carlos also has the 40'advantage flames from front to back with a jocker on the side.Man I cant wait,count down till july 22nd. :D

MOBrien
07-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Mobrien = Yes the Spectre is Wild Thing Carlos just got the new power heads on,shake down run last night at 109.Going to test again too night said he's going to let it hang out,hopeing for 115+. :cool: Carlos also has the 40'advantage flames from front to back with a jocker on the side.Man I cant wait,count down till july 22nd. :D
Soooooooo. Carlos has the Spectre AND a 40' Advantage?? :supp: Sheesh. Must be nice. :D And rolls that bad-ass Hummer too....... Dude's enjoying life to say the least. I think I need a new profession. :hammerhea

abraman1326
07-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Is there any chance of watching from the water, or do they close the area off to nonparticipants(sp)?

MOBrien
07-06-2005, 08:57 AM
We were on the water last year....for Saturday. The entire area is shut down to only participants and you can either float/anchor above or below the radar area. You can't see anything too exciting because they put you so far out. A couple times during the day they do open the river for 30 minutes so boaters can get through the Old Town area, but if you don't get where you need to be (above or below Old Town) during that 30 minutes you're stuck. :( I think it was opened at like 12pm and 3-3:30pm....then not opened again until like 6pm.
For Sunday we planted ourselves on the balcony/patio at Rio City and partied there all day with a great view of the action and they're flying through that section at top speed because that's about where the radar shot is....we saw 140-150 last year.....oh yeah, and a drag boat exhibition that did like 175mph.
Soooooo, if you want to watch the festivities leave the boat at home and go to either Rio City, Joe's Crab Shack, or the big riverboat that's parked at the docks right there too. As well there are some good spots on the other side of the river where you can layout a picnic and bring lawn chairs to hang out.
Not sure which day we're going yet....maybe both, but who knows.

abraman1326
07-06-2005, 11:44 AM
How early do you have to get to Joe's, or Rio City? It looked like there were a ton of people out there from the pics I saw. I want a good spot. I was thinking if we wern't on the water that we might just watch from the bridge...
BRA

MOBrien
07-06-2005, 05:23 PM
How early do you have to get to Joe's, or Rio City? It looked like there were a ton of people out there from the pics I saw. I want a good spot. I was thinking if we wern't on the water that we might just watch from the bridge...
BRA
I think you can get into Rio City & Joe's pretty early that weekend because of the festivities and the crowds they expect. You can always put your name in to the host desk and give them your cell number. They'll call you when a table is ready....they're pretty nice there. I wouldn't recommend the bridge during radar runs unless you just want to see what the angle is like for a run or two. The view from either side of the river is MUCH better. The bridge is a good spot when they do the jetboat demonstrations, drag boat demonstration, and cracker boxes....wear your bathing suit while the jjets are out though. :D :D
We'll probably be planted on the balcony at Rio or Joes..............boozing. :clover:

abraman1326
07-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Boozing sounds good. That's our plan as well. Thank you for all the information, I have no idea where we'll be yet...
BRA