PDA

View Full Version : CHINA to buy Huffy.

Freak
06-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Huffy, making bikes for Americans for more than a century, said it had agreed to a reorganisation plan which would allow it to terminate its staff pension plans.
The company would turn responsibility for the benefits over to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp, a unit of the federal government that insures pension plans.
They are coming faster and faster now. Like I said - a lower standard of living is coming.
http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,160811,00.html?

wsuwrhr
06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
To everyone looking for cheaper foreign goods to buy instead of "expensive" US made goods, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
Buying all of our goods instead of making our own will bite us in the ass.
I am worried as to what is on the horizon for us.
Brian
our high standard of living has cost us plenty, and it will cost us everything later on.

HOSS
06-30-2005, 11:54 AM
I hate to say it,,,but it might already be too late. Like I said, "this heavy train ain`t just gonna stop on a dime".

cdog
06-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Huffy sucks anyways. You get made fun of for cruzin one of those. Sucks for american workers. When are we gonna wake up to all of this?

Freak
06-30-2005, 12:47 PM
LOL in college I managed a bike shop. A big wig for Huffy came in and asked me "why don't you sell Huffy?"
LOL.. I said "cause Huffy sucks" and he just looked at me and walked out.
Huffy does suck!!!

bigq
06-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Huffy, making bikes for Americans for more than a century, said it had agreed to a reorganisation plan which would allow it to terminate its staff pension plans.
The company would turn responsibility for the benefits over to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp, a unit of the federal government that insures pension plans.
They are coming faster and faster now. Like I said - a lower standard of living is coming.
http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,160811,00.html?
I am beginning to think you have more to worry about then your pension. Lets see, China is.......
Buying up Oil and Oil production capabilities from Canada, Venezuela and the USA. :confused:
Becoming a world economic superpower :confused:
Expanding their military :confused:
The USA is selling off factories fast :confused:
We have extreamly high debt :confused:
Our military is spead all over the world and recruitment is down :confused:
Even American flags are "made in China" :confused:
What does all this equal?????? :rolleyes:
We will have no money, we won't be making anything and our military is shrinking which might be good because soon we won't be able to make any tanks, planes, guns for them anyway. :confused:
Some of the biggest empires in history never saw it coming :frown:

superdave013
07-01-2005, 04:46 AM
When did Huffy ever make anything in the states anyway. It's always been off shore crap. Sounds like some corporate big wigs screwed themselves on this one.
BTW, GT and Schwinn were bought up by Pacific. Every thing moved off shore. All the I know all guys that worked at GT in Irvine, CA had to hit the streets and get another job.

OutCole'd
07-01-2005, 05:06 AM
It's amazing that everyone here can see this coming, and NONE of our politicians can. WTF??

HOSS
07-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Oh they can see it. They don`t care while they have cash.

Heatseeker
07-01-2005, 08:49 AM
We'd better start brushing up on our Cantonese!
Our own government(supposedly the most sophisticated on earth!) can't see what is happening here?
We have no domestic energy source to speak of. We have a rapidly shrinking manufacturing base. And the chinese are buying up everything from bicycle cos., every ounce of steel they can procure, cement by the ship loads, and now petro cos.(the government is all but assuredly going to give their consent on that one too!!!).
We'll be sitting ducks!
It's a good thing I enjoy chinese food...

Freak
07-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Most see no reason to discuss it, because there is nothing that can or will be done.
Our society is structured such that we cannot gracefully transition to a different energy profile - it will be wrenching as people and resources are reallocated.
People don't like change.

HOSS
07-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I like change. I`m going to start buying ONLY American products. I just have to find some first.

cdog
07-01-2005, 10:50 AM
I like change. I`m going to start buying ONLY American products. I just have to find some first.
I like that! :D

wsuwrhr
07-01-2005, 10:58 AM
They are out there, you just gotta look,,
Brian

Forkin' Crazy
07-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I try, I really do. Never bought any of those chinese crawfish.... :cool:

Krazy K
07-01-2005, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the USA is a third world country within 50 years...

HOSS
07-02-2005, 05:39 AM
We are a third world country. Just look at the money you owe. Everyone at the red light you stop at is in debt. Look around. See the guy with the 48` Fountain getting towed by a 125k rig? He`s just broker than you. Sooner or later the the bill collector is gonna want all the cash back at one time. Whatever country owns the most is gonna own your ass. But the day is gonna come. Its got to. Can`t escape it.

ROZ
07-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Reguarding China... They are selling us the rope to hang ourselves..
The government knows and has known for years about China's trend.. Shit, even Clinton said something a bout it soon as he left office.. The main reason we don't call it on China is that they are the bank that holds the US 's note... Disrupting it would put us into immediate peril. I think ew should buy up all their undervalued Chines money.... for pennies on the dollar... Stalemate? Besides, we may need it anyways... I think the price of Gols and other precious metals will continue to increase..
I'm pretty sure this is why the gov't is really promoting Mexico for it's cheap labor.... Hecho en Mexico is much better than Made in China...

HOSS
07-05-2005, 05:33 AM
At least its right next door.

Freak
07-05-2005, 05:37 AM
China tells U.S. Congress to butt out of Unocal bid
It's getting good now. If China can't spend its dollars on whatever it wants to including Unocal it will mean the US dollar is only partially convertible, (why would they want dollars if they can't spend them?) which means China would then have an incentive to dump the dollar which would trash the US economy.
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/business/news/20050705p2g00m0bu016000c.html
I think ROZ is right about many things.

ROZ
07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
China tells U.S. Congress to butt out of Unocal bid
This is going to get ugly before it get's any better. We always ask why... Why can't we own property in Japan, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Norway, Holland, or China without being a natural citizen? Why can't we get long term employment in Holland, switzerland, or Norway? Why can't I get healthcare in a foreign country without US insurance underwriting or CASH? Why, Why Why? Since the dawn of time, man has left the clan in a party to hunt for food and brought it back home for the clan to eat... Same goes today only we're speaking of money. Our dollar is helps sustain many countries around the world. A fall would devistate more than the US.... The Euro could do well if it can take over ASAP, but it can't happen. China can't exactly cash us in without hurting their own economy, but the only need rice and water to survive.... They no nothing of cable tv :D
I don't know what I was getting at, but what I find interesting is that China is bitching about the government potentially interfering, when CNOOC,Ltd. is state owned... Hypocrites :D