PDA

View Full Version : racing in elsinore

wetdog
06-30-2005, 03:32 PM
how come the ihba cant race at elsinore i live 20 min from elsinore i dont like to go to ming lake to go to the races

Willis
06-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Wetdog,
That's a good question.
Contact Brian at NJBA. See what he has to say about local lakes in the future :jawdrop:
Willis

revndave
06-30-2005, 04:21 PM
NJBA had a race here about 4 or 5 years ago.They held it in the ski channel.Good turn out of boats and spectators.They should do it again.

BUSBY
06-30-2005, 04:43 PM
We would love to do it again, and we (NJBA) are currently talking about trying to get a local venue.
I will keep you posted.
Brian

Willis
06-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Dave,
:argue:
What kind of support can we count on from the locals?
I mean as to setting up the track, teardown track, location clean up, there's about 100 or so things that must be done before we race and somebody has to take it down and back to storage!
:supp:
Any volunteers?
Willis

BUSBY
06-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Thank you Willis for bringing that up, I had to go up 2 days early this last race to pull everything out of storage BY MYSELF and bring it to the track as well as setting it up. (not pointing at you Willis)
But we DO NEED VONUNTEERS TO KEEP RACING NO MATTER WHERE WE RACE!
Sorry, but that was a sore subject with me and we will be speaking about it on Tuesday night at the board meeting.
Anyone who wants to help out, please let Willis or I know or just show up the Friday morning before a race at 8am ... I let you know what you can do to help.
Brian

revndave
06-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Dave,
I mean as to setting up the track, teardown track, location clean up, there's about 100 or so things that must be done before we race and somebody has to take it down and back to storage!
Any volunteers?
Willis
I'm you sure could get alot more support if the race was local.Racers wouldn't have to worry about drive time.You guys should set up something with the racers.In Little League teams have to sign up for snack bar duty or pay 25.00 per person if they cant do it or cant get somebody to cover for them.Just a thought.

RiverRacer
06-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Dave,
Any volunteers?
Willis
You can count on 5-9 guys from me alone for either Elsinore or Vail Lake(have you ever thought of it? Large, long, huge campground etc, etc and PRIVATELY owned). This would include just my shop and the machine shop. I can get more in Temecula-Murrieta when I call around IF it happens. I'll be watching with interest.

Cs19
06-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Free entry fees for setting up the course right? :cool:

bordsmnj
06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
i would personaly show up and help just because.
<-----waiting and watching

wetdog
07-01-2005, 10:32 AM
im ready for the racing it been to long

BUSBY
07-01-2005, 11:49 AM
RiverRacer, can you get me information on Vail Lake? Owner/etc. PM me with details.
Chris, I even have to pay entry fees, once I figure out a way to not ... I'll clue you in.
Another thing to keep in mind it that everything is stored in Bakersfield. And I mean everything ... Rescue Boats, Tower trailer, starting trailer, equipment trailer, etc. etc. etc.
I make this happen we would need volunteers to bring all of this down, probably after the race previous to wherever the venue would be held ... a place to store it until the venue, people out there for at least 3 days prior and 1 day afterwards for set up and tear down, and of course returning everything back to storage.
The thing to keep in mind is that Ming is already set up w/ permanent fixtures to make racing there easy. I remember when we did San Diego and Chowchilla ... what a pain. And of course no volunteers ... it's hard to be one of about 3 or 4 people doing it every race while you get to watch your friends go tubing!
So ... as we talk about it here, let's think of how to make it happen WITH HELP.
Brian

Racer277
07-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Busby, did you get my pm?

BUSBY
07-01-2005, 01:45 PM
yes I did sorry for not responding right away, check your PM's
Brian

Wally_Gator
07-01-2005, 05:19 PM
I would volunteer to bring stuff down and help.. PM me if this happens.

revndave
07-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Busby how did meeting go?

BUSBY
07-06-2005, 06:19 PM
meeting went well ... spoke about different venues ... now I'm supposed to get all necessary information and take it back next month.
Necessary info means contacting county supervisors, bs'ing with them to convince them, etc. etc. etc.
See what I got myself into. I'm going to talk to Tommy and see about what we were alking about. I'll let you know.
Brian

cyclone
07-06-2005, 08:05 PM
have the cancelled november race in elsinore. move the date. if there's a race at elsinore or some other place locally i'd be glad to volunteer. dont have to give me free entry fees either. :)

BUSBY
07-06-2005, 09:19 PM
The reason for cancelling is becuase of negotiations that we are having with Lucas Oil via Brule ... from what I understand, if they come on board to sponsor our finals, they want it in October ... now we can't have a final in November after our finals in October ... if that makes sense ...

BUSBY
07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Willis you were supposed to contact Brule about that ... call Roger or I with info once you get it ... Thanx

helter skelter
07-06-2005, 09:35 PM
The reason for cancelling is becuase of negotiations that we are having with Lucas Oil via Brule ... from what I understand, if they come on board to sponsor our finals, they want it in October ... now we can't have a final in November after our finals in October ... if that makes sense ...
Just call the November race a "REALLY Early Season Opener" for 2006.
:D

cyclone
07-06-2005, 09:46 PM
call it whatever you want. i just want to race in november.

BUSBY
07-06-2005, 09:50 PM
How about if we just go to Ming and put them in the water? There are no boat cops ... we all have CF numbers ... that's the only place I can run safely I think, I might een pull the rescue boat out and get 2 or 3 rescue guys to volunteer ... oh wait, I thought I was in the "I have a dream" thread ... sorry.

cyclone
07-06-2005, 09:53 PM
dont tease me brian. lets do an unoficial get together but with the lights set up. unsanctioned practice hell ya.

BUSBY
07-06-2005, 09:56 PM
I have everything ... don't tempt me ... :2purples:

cyclone
07-07-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm sure we could get the boys together to set up the track if we can all go run. :)

Bottle Fed
07-07-2005, 08:41 PM
A problem with the November race was that it was on the same weekend that IHBA is in Pheonix. I'm willing to bet most boats will be there. It needs to be a different weekend than originally planned to get a good turn out.

77charger
07-07-2005, 08:47 PM
A problem with the November race was that it was on the same weekend that IHBA is in Pheonix. I'm willing to bet most boats will be there. It needs to be a different weekend than originally planned to get a good turn out.
nov has been cancelled according to njba site.

BUSBY
07-07-2005, 09:15 PM
yup ... officially cancelled. And probably won't see everyone until the banquet when I shoud be receiving my Jackets for Top Alcohol Hydro and 7.00-7.49 second bracket high points championships. Pretty good for my first year out with a hydro I guess.
Now I better go knock on every piece of wood I own.
The good news is that I am in contact with different lakes and one river spot ... awaiting approval, I will let you all know as more things are ironed out. One spot would be REALLY cool for all of the old timers! It would bring back many memories. :notam:

Racer277
07-07-2005, 09:21 PM
The Ming sign says:
"Operating hours for Boat Testing limited to Thursdays 8am - 11am."
They mean race boat testing right?
:D

Bottle Fed
07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
One spot would be REALLY cool for all of the old timers! It would bring back many memories. :notam:
Hey Brian, you talking about parker possibly.

Bense468
07-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey Brian, you talking about parker possibly.
No way would it happen in parker again. My guess is Irvine...in the days of the old double flip where both flats when through the lights upside down.
Did you know they used to run Salton Sea back in the late 60's early 70's as well.

BUSBY
07-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Well ... I've already said too much, I don't want to get hopes too high w/o having something in concrete ... however, someone is getting very warm.
Rember, it still has to be passed by the board ... and that is the hardest part. :frown:

superdave013
07-08-2005, 08:58 AM
No way would it happen in parker again. My guess is Irvine...in the days of the old double flip where both flats when through the lights upside down.
Did you know they used to run Salton Sea back in the late 60's early 70's as well.
I have pics of that flip hanging on my wall. Rick Cline took the pics.
Looks like it was to comp flats. One was going up and the other one is way in the air completely upside down with the driver still in the seat!

Bense468
07-08-2005, 09:19 AM
I have pics of that flip hanging on my wall. Rick Cline took the pics.
Looks like it was to comp flats. One was going up and the other one is way in the air completely upside down with the driver still in the seat!
Thats cool. Would love a poster or pic. I just have the video

superdave013
07-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Thats cool. Would love a poster or pic. I just have the video
You should contact him. He's super cool and have tons of well filed away negetives from all the old races in So Cal.
I'm tellin ya, you will look through that stuff for hours. Name a race and boat # and he'll pull out some photos of that boat from that race.
http://www.rickclinephotography.com/Posters.htm

Bense468
07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Well ... I've already said too much, I don't want to get hopes too high w/o having something in concrete ... however, someone is getting very warm.
Rember, it still has to be passed by the board ... and that is the hardest part. :frown:
Brian- Not too bad for a 26 year old punk huh ;)
Marine Stadium would be cool too.
Thanks Dave...I have some of his posters now. Liquid quarter mile 1 and 2. I will check him out and see whats up. Thanks for the link

bp
07-09-2005, 08:23 AM
call it whatever you want. i just want to race in november.
if you want to race in november, then pull that thing down to firebird and leather up, cowboy.

cyclone
07-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Just as soon as you find a sponsor for my boat I'll make the 6 hour haul to Firebird, bob. :coffeycup

bp
07-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Just as soon as you find a sponsor for my boat I'll make the 6 hour haul to Firebird, bob. :coffeycup
yeah, i'm sure you can use the same type sponsor i have. johnny paycheck. who said it's a 6 hour haul? it's 9 1/2 the way my watch reads. besides, you go half way there all the time just to drink beer. thursday afternoon, i'll start a 12 hour one-way because that's where the race is.
my point is, if you -want- to race in november, there is a race, so go enter it. but don't whine about it being two hours longer, or 10 dollars more. there are people driving in there with slower boats than yours from texas, ok, oregon, washington, nevada, etc., that are driving a helluva lot further because they -want- to race in november, and they -want- to race at the world finals. and neither sponsors, rain, wind, or snow are gonna keep 'em from it. it does get a little old hearing people whine about tracks not being 10 minutes from their front doorstep. that's just the way it is. if not, that's fine. whatever it might be, the race will still be there.

BUSBY
07-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Oh crap ... Mike went there ... we're sorry Bob ...
Mike didn't mean it ... really he didn't!
We like Ming and how close it is ... and we don't mind the 3 hour drive ... really we don't!
(we don't know how good we have it sometimes)
:squiggle:

BUSBY
07-09-2005, 09:10 PM
I had a good conversation with Don Jones today ... (prior Race Director who was in charge when the last Elsinore race was held).
We spoke about what the problems were ... and what problems we will have by having a race there ...
Things look promising. We are going to take a trip out there and see if the rope poles are still there, in and out ramps, etc.
I think we might even get him to take the "Tackie Bitch" out to inspect in the next few weeks ... how many volunteers can I get to go with us to see what we would need to do ... and what would everyones schedule look like?
Let me know ...
Brian

cyclone
07-10-2005, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE=BUSBY]I had a good conversation with Don Jones today ... (prior Race Director who was in charge when the last Elsinore race was held).
We spoke about what the problems were ... and what problems we will have by having a race there ...
Things look promising. We are going to take a trip out there and see if the rope poles are still there, in and out ramps, etc.
I think we might even get him to take the "Tackie Bitch" out to inspect in the next few weeks ... how many volunteers can I get to go with us to see what we would need to do ... and what would everyones schedule look like?
Let me know ...
Brian[/QUOTE
i'm in. let me know when brian.

cyclone
07-10-2005, 07:44 AM
yeah, i'm sure you can use the same type sponsor i have. johnny paycheck. who said it's a 6 hour haul? it's 9 1/2 the way my watch reads. besides, you go half way there all the time just to drink beer. thursday afternoon, i'll start a 12 hour one-way because that's where the race is.
my point is, if you -want- to race in november, there is a race, so go enter it. but don't whine about it being two hours longer, or 10 dollars more. there are people driving in there with slower boats than yours from texas, ok, oregon, washington, nevada, etc., that are driving a helluva lot further because they -want- to race in november, and they -want- to race at the world finals. and neither sponsors, rain, wind, or snow are gonna keep 'em from it. it does get a little old hearing people whine about tracks not being 10 minutes from their front doorstep. that's just the way it is. if not, that's fine. whatever it might be, the race will still be there.
gee bob, i'm sorry. you are right as usual. what was I thinking? damn its only 6 hours not towing the boat. Its so much cheaper when its a nine hour drive in my truck that gets 8 mpg.

Wally_Gator
07-10-2005, 08:11 AM
I am in... Completely green but I have a boat and a strong back.. The will to help...
With enough notice I can get days off except the 11th..

BUSBY
07-10-2005, 08:18 AM
I am in... Completely green but I have a boat and a strong back.. The will to help...
With enough notice I can get days off except the 11th..
Thanks ... as we (Don & I) get closer to a more concrete date ... I will post with plenty of time, meeting place, etc. It will probably be on a weekend ... probably a Saturday in the morning about 7-8 am. We are looking at Aug. weekends right now. Any suggestions on which would be the best?
IF THIS HAPPENS ... it will not happen during this season, we would be planning for early next year, Probably March or April race.