PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Castaic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlownChevy
05-06-2002, 09:59 AM
Ok i was at castaic yesterday with my buddy (mach1454) and my buddy went up to the van to get something for his dad... i took the boat for a spin out of the 5 mph and back real quick... i went straight out... took it easy off the line, and within a minute i turned back and a damn lifeguard was right behind me... i asked "may i ask what the problem is" no response... i asked again and the lady was like "hold on sir" this was while she was writing down the CF#'s.... i asked my other friend(the only person on board) what i have done wrong? he said i have no clue... we werent speeding or anything.... and i know i was taking it easy beacause i saw the life guard... so why would i risk it?... anyways the other man on board asked for my registation and identification... and of course the only time i forgot the stuff we got pulled over... he told me i was in deep because im not supposed to be driving with anyone in the boat with an engine that produces over 15HP... we have a 454.... i told him that there must be a miss understanding because i read all the rules and regualtions and no were in there does it say i cant drive a boat with over 15HP w/ someone else in the boat with me. He stayed quite for a minute and said sorry im getting confused with jet-skis! so i asked him if he wanted to go back to the dock because my buddy was waiting for me and i could ask him to get the registration and stuff out... when we got there i told my buddy to get the regisrtation.... he went up to get it and while i was floating around another lifeguard told me to dock and i said i have no dock ropes and he laughed and walked away... (we never dock the boat) two sheriffs drove dowm in their car and by that tiome my buddy was back and the sheriffs pointed at the dock because i couldn't hear them... i started toturn around and they got all pist and yelled "get over hear now!" so i got over there and they asked... "why are you giving these lifeguards a bad time?... i said i wasnt... he told my buddy too sit down! and he also told me to sit down... on the docks.... he told me to go get my wallet w/ my drivers license... i did so and when i got back he told me to sit down again... my buddy was gone to go get his dad... i was sitting down for a minute and then i asked "sir, can i ask what i have done wrong" and he said "were do you want to start" i said i want to know everything... he said i took off out of the 5mph zone too quick... which i didn't the boat just sounds loud... and my numbers were too faded and not with direct contrast with the boat.... and i didnt have the registration on board.... then he said i was speeding!!!!! i swear, and i know for a fact that i was not speeding... he said i was doing approxamatley 50!!!! but i wasnt.... so he gave me a ticket... and when my buddy was on the way back they used the radar gun on him as well.... they wanted to try to get us for everyhting!!!! then we saw chestah cheetah, hustler, and HB jet.... and were telling them all this in front of the sheriffs and they said "im about to impound their boat and throw them in jail" them Mach1454's brother said "why beacause you know their right? and they said are we talking to you? and he said no, but i am talking to you... they then stayed quite.... then then made us leave the lake... i just think when they see a copule of teenagers out there having fun they try to bust them... but once mach1454's dad was there they were all nice.... just another GREAT DAY at castaic.... **** castaic... time for Piru its smaller but better, more leaniant... we should all go there... i think they allow drinking.... any suggestions for court? im fighting it...... thanks for any help!!!

HBjet
05-06-2002, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear about the Hassel. You do need new numbers though. As for the speeding, I remember you or someone saying the boat can't do 50mph. If you really want to fight this, get your dad, a camcorder, and a GPS. Head down to Lake Elsinore in the early morning, and on a week day for better water conditions. Run your boat in the High Speed zone (when safe to do so) with your dad sitting shotgun, video taping your foot to the floor, and your gps reading. IF your boat really does under 50mph, you should be able to prove it with this. I don't know if it will work, but it's what I would do in your situation.

HavasuDreamin'
05-06-2002, 10:12 AM
Yeah, you basically got hassled because of your age. I had that happen to me a few times over the years, thankfully pops was an attorney. I am not very fond of Castaic or Puddletstone. I always liked Pyramid better. Good Luck!

BlownChevy
05-06-2002, 10:15 AM
thanks for the help.... all me and my friends are trying to do is have fun.... we work our ass off for this boat... Mach1454 more than me.... and this shit happens.... i try to be a good kid and have fun... but still get hassled.... thanks ....
logan

Hustler
05-06-2002, 10:21 AM
That totally sucks you guys got hassled, I dont know of any law that say's once you are outside of a 5mph zone that you can only get get to the speed limit slowly that sounds like BS to me and if they dont have you on radar doing 50 I dont think they have any ground to stand on, Life gaurds are not speed experts and have not been trained in that feild so there estamated speed could be total BS also. Good luck
Hustler

RiverDave2
05-06-2002, 11:04 AM
Jesus... I'm sorry to hear that you had to go threw all that B.S... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Did you get the names of the lifeguards, and names & Badge #'s of the police officers? If so I'd call and file a complaint for harassment.. (It may not do anything to the Cops, but the lifeguards will think twice before pullin that sh*t again.)
RD

Chestah Cheetah
05-06-2002, 12:14 PM
This whole story has nothing to do with breaking any serious laws IMO. You called it.......it's because you're young - profiling. This is evident in the way they we're talking to you and treating you. Do you think they would ever talk that way to an adult if he's being cordial such as yourself?

LVjetboy
05-06-2002, 12:34 PM
Makes it difficult to respect the law, huh?

future boater
05-06-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy:
Makes it difficult to respect the law, huh?
cops are people to there are cool ones and there not so cool ones.try not to judge a whole group from a few. no one complains about them when they call on them!

Bense468
05-06-2002, 01:02 PM
When I was 18 and 19 with my boat I used to get hasseled constantly. I got hasseled in Havasu all the time. They would say my boat is to loud and ask me if it was daddys boat. I built the boat, they just wanted to see if I was drinking and driving. Now that I am 23 (well in a week and a half) I don't get bothered like I did but I am still young.

RiverDave2
05-06-2002, 01:05 PM
~!
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited May 06, 2002).]

LVjetboy
05-06-2002, 01:18 PM
The cool ones leave me alone...the not so cool ones hassle me. Guess I only have the pleasure of meeting the not so cool ones?
So maybe I'm biased.
I think it's the idea that they have the ultimate power to f**k with you and confiscate your boat and there's nothing you can do about it. Sure you can try to fight it in court but you think the judge will believe Logan when he says he wasn't doing 50?
But it's really not the cops so much as excessive LAWS and RESTRICTION on freedom that ultimately make it hard for me to respect laws.
jer

DickDanger
05-06-2002, 01:18 PM
People have to understand that since the HTM tragedy, the cops are being REALLY f**king anal out there!!! I think that everytime I was by the cops yesterday, I saw their radar gun on me. We even saw them while we were on the beach, looking thru binocs to see what we were drinking. By the time the day was over, to have to listen to some stupid ass questions from the lifeguard, I had about had it there. I totally had visions of grabbing this little Slater looking piece of $hit by the neck, and tossing him in the water. I think that Castaic is a really nice lake, but the cops there need to pull the stick out of their a$$es and relax a little bit. Just my .02. -DD out

Fat Chance
05-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Blown Chevy, were you guys in a Blueish silver jet, getting hassled about 11:15 or so. I saw 2 cops giving the riot act to a couple of guys on the dock yesterday, and I had to go p-up some one from the dock, and there was no F'ing way I was going any where near those hostile mother f'ers. I say we go to piru for awhile too, way too much stress at Castaic

77charger
05-06-2002, 06:15 PM
I guess smelsonore isnt that bad afterall.I have not been to castaic in years,but i hate to go where cops are just waiting to stop you just because you are the first person they see after harrasing someone else kinda reminds me of havasu and the sbdo sherrifs who were buggin me about no water rubbing thru my headers at idle DUH.i EVEN HAD BAFFLES AND NOISE WAS NOT THE ISSUE.There is no law staing that water must run thru only that you meet noise requirements.
As for the sdbo sherrifs i yelled to the moron that water comes in at 1800 rpm and would you like to see it then proceded to the inside of sand bar(wakeless too) if he really wanted to bother me let him come stop me.

disco_charger
05-06-2002, 06:21 PM
OK, I agree that you guys got treated like shit. Absolutely no excuse for it. I'm willing to bet that I know what happened. The lifeguards, are all wanna be cops. They have their noses firmly planted in the Deputies butts. Give any moron a responsibility and a radio and they think that they need to regulate everyone. Instant asshole, just add radio. Anyone who's ever gone up against a parking guy at a stadium knows what I'm talking about. So the lifeguards, who know nothing about boats, hear a big block and, well, you know. They run to the Deputies and say, hey these two dudes are hassling us and speeding. The deputies have been getting grief from their bosses about the negative publicity from the HTM tragedy, and you get two angry cops who lost a partner last week to a fatal shooting. Still no excuse, but I don't think that we can lay the blame at all of law enforcements feet. It sounds like you just drew two jerks.
Just my 99centavos
Disco

rivercutie
05-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Well on a lighter note there are pics posted so you can see all the fun that was to be had

disco_charger
05-06-2002, 07:10 PM
Where, Cutie?

rivercutie
05-06-2002, 07:11 PM
in hot boat hot spots.. under wild at castaic

disco_charger
05-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Thanks Cuie. The name's no exagerration. Now if I could get you and your business partner to make the Rivercutie hats, so my wife'll leave my river racer hat alone! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
Disco

mach1 454
05-06-2002, 07:36 PM
blown chevy and i were getting hasseled by the stupid ass cops for no f*@king reason!
on blown chevys ticket it said that the CF# are to faded. blown chevy asked why he put that on the ticket if its not his boat, its his boat and pointed at me witch it is my boat and the cop said it dont madder you were driving it. the lifegaurd told me that that my CF# were wrong and all kinds off bull crap and at the end said that they were just to faded. we should all start going to piru so that castaic will loose busness and realize they ****ed up. all i want to say is F*@k castaic and all the mother F*@KING AASHOLE COPS!!!!!thanx

HBjet
05-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by mach1 454:
the cop said it dont madder you were driving it.
If you were driving your buddies truck and got rolled for window tint, it's your ticket, but the owner of the truck has to fix it. It's under your name, and you have to pay it. So the CF#'s would be no different. Have your buddy (owner of the boat) pay for that portion. Another thing, yes your pissed, but you should edit that last part of your post, there a more great cops then the asshole ones. Same as goes for boaters. Many great ones, but it only take a few to F up your weekend and property.

LakesOnly
05-06-2002, 09:04 PM
BLOWNCHEVY
FILE A COMPLAINT! Address it to the superiors of the lifeguards, the county sheriff, EACH member on the county board of supervisors, the division of Parks and Recreation (or whatever), even Human Resources (where employee files/records are kept).
Recognize their legitimate concerns for safety due to the recent tragedy at Castaic (before they brijng it up as an excuse), and then point out that THIS DOES NOT JUSTIFY ILLEGITIMATE OR CORRUPT ABUSE OF POWER. Submit it as filing a GRIEVANCE against those who unjustly hassled you. Most important, find out who their superiors are and address the letter to them with all the other names/departments I mentioned as receiving copies ("carbon copied"). Then, send them all via certified mail, so that the superior knows that each and every one of those named also received a copy of the grievance.
They will be forced to answer to the taxpayer and this incident will be brought up everywhere as an example of how NOT to overstep their power over our rights.
I once filed a similar complaint against a deputy that publicly ridiculed me for no reason whatsoever. Others were shocked. It was on camera and reviewed/verified. She was terminated.
LO

disco_charger
05-07-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by HBjet:
If you were driving your buddies truck and got rolled for window tint, it's your ticket, but the owner of the truck has to fix it. It's under your name, and you have to pay it. So the CF#'s would be no different. Have your buddy (owner of the boat) pay for that portion. Another thing, yes your pissed, but you should edit that last part of your post, there a more great cops then the asshole ones. Same as goes for boaters. Many great ones, but it only take a few to F up your weekend and property.
You are 100% correcct HB. Mach and Blown you need to calm down and write the letters that Lakes suggested. If you write them all pissed off talking about what dicks all cops are, you're going to loose in court when you fight the ticket and the letters will get pitched. You guys were treated incorrectly, and that needs to change. Being as pissed as you are is understandable, but it ain't gonna help your cause.
Disco the Sense talker

mach1 454
05-07-2002, 09:36 AM
was it legal for them to make us leave the lake for the day? im the owner of the boat and i asked them if we could stay if i drove the boat not my buddy logan and they said no.
im pist and its hard not to be pist because they treated us like we killed or robbed someone. the sheriff told my buddy and i to sit down when i gave him the registration to my boat in a way acting like we commited a BIG BIG crime. im mostly pist because we werent even on the water for an hour and i was looking forward on meeting some of you guys back at copper castaic for the day.oh well. one last thing, f*@k that sheriff and lifeguard. thanx
mach1 454

BlownChevy
05-07-2002, 09:40 AM
Hey, of course im not going to be stupid in court, i will not cuss or anything, just have everthing organized... this is a forum and im telling you how i feel... im going to go into court with everything professionally.... i called the lake and talked to one of the supervisors to see whats up and i told them that they kicked us off the lake and he was like "well i didn't know about that" i wanted to talk to the lifeguard who gave me the ticket but the guy said he was on vacation until saturday.... well all i know is that were probably not going to castaic that much but to Piru for now on.... i know the HTM tradegdy is a factor, but honestly i was not speeding.... i saw the lifeguard in the middle of the lake so why would i risk it???.... i didnt even consider that the fact they pulled me over for speeding until they told me 2 min before i got the ticket... i was shocked.... and i am really mad because i was treated poorly... they told me to sit down on the dock... i wasnt even a dick to them.... anyways.... my boss got there an hour after we were told to leave with his 250 eliminator daytona.... as soon as he started it up they told him to put it back on the trailer because it was too loud!!! (its a stock motor) he said "no" either give me a ticket now or get a decible meter out here to measure it because i know it is at legal decibles.... after fighting for a while he finally let him go... whats up with this!!! o'well maybe they will calm down....
Logan
[This message has been edited by BlownChevy (edited May 07, 2002).]

Wet Dream
05-07-2002, 06:32 PM
I had my boat out for the first time this year on sunday. I have never seen a Boat Commission guy out on this river until then. I left my wife and kids on the rock where we hang out while I went to the docks to see if my friends had shown up. I left my throwable behind because the kids were sitting on it and whats the point in having one if you are the only person and sure as hell can't throw it to yourself. As I was making my way over I was showing off the roost. I did drop it before the stream hit the bridge, but at the dock I thought I recognized a friends boat, as I went inside the 5mph zone, I noticed the official looking fellow checking out my boat. I wasa going to just turn out but he motioned me over. Great. He asks for my pfd, showed it, whistle, got it, fire extinguisher, got it, but hope he didn't notice the powder leaking from the nozzle, and then...throwable. OOPS. I explained that I left it because I can't throw it to myself and that the kids were laying on it. I said its over at the rock (about 10 secs away at wot). He said go get it and bring it to him. I got it, then said that the letters weren't contrasting enough. I told him that I wasn't sure myself since I had already scraped off the old ones and upon installing the new ones I knew it wasn't going to fly. He said thats the only thing in question, never looked for the paperwork and said my boat looks brand new. I said thanks and told him thats a '76. So after he was done with me I continued talking to the other boat and tried to give them a jump, but their battery was shot. The next boat he looked at had all the pfd's stuffed under the seats. He was really out there just to make people aware of what should be done right and not to harass them. Some are good, and I'm sure there are some real assholes out there.