PDA

View Full Version : Boat was rearended on the trailer...........

R.A.D.man
06-30-2005, 07:09 PM
I need a new intake and suction piece, I was rearended on the road a while back, parts were repaired or replaced then, but now, new cracks are present. Boat is a 1972 18-ft SleekCraft Rebel v-bottom turning a new Agressor A at 5400 rpm. I will leave the R pump split bowl, it is fine and I have a new Hyd. Place diverter, nozzle and Berkey Droop already. I believe I want Agressor or American Turbine parts but really get lost here. I will set the pump back and remove hook in the process and surely get an intake with shoe and ride plate, I had that already, but will get new parts. I just do not know which way to go as far as selecting from the different intakes and suction pieces and loaders. I would appreciate any opinions and happily add additional info if asked. Thanks for any help, this sucks in the middle of the summer. Top speed was GPS 72 mph and I want more.

sanger rat
06-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Sorry to about your boat. Thats my biggest fear. For parts I would get ahold of Duane at HTP. I'm sure he has something laying around.

R.A.D.man
06-30-2005, 07:30 PM
It sucked when it happened, the guy rode my A** in stop and go for a couple of miles. I wanted to walk back and say back the F*** off but did not and then WHAM.
I have talked to both Duane and Jack, still confused, did not want to tie them up too long, they are so far way and I know the liklihood of having either do the work is slim, Duane is closer, but thats a long way for repairs.

sanger rat
06-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Garry Snow is close to you. http://www.performancemarine.cc/

R.A.D.man
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Garry Snow is close to you. http://www.performancemarine.cc/
See, I did not think about that, I will contact him too, I spent a bunch of time growing up in this boat on his lake. I would still like to know more before I do. Right now, I feel like I could be lead in any direction. I just want to know more so I hopefully do not make a bad decision. I will spend it if it makes good sense.
Thanks.

gregr1971
07-01-2005, 07:41 AM
i got a 77 sleekcraft with a berkley intake you can have , parts are good,with trailer and all i am south of houston,tx . 30 min.

R.A.D.man
07-01-2005, 03:54 PM
i got a 77 sleekcraft with a berkley intake you can have , parts are good,with trailer and all i am south of houston,tx . 30 min.
Thanks for the offer, but dumb as it may sound, I think I want new parts. My intake is likely OK but being an R intake, it has been told to me by the gurus that I would benefit from a modern setup so I want to update the hardware. Main problem with it is the funky loader setup and no one makes bolt up loaders for it. They need to be custom fit so that is a problem for me. Again, thanks.

taylormanss
07-02-2005, 03:21 AM
I've got a berkeley suction and a couple of pumps also I live in aransas pass,one is a Jb and one is a Jc .