PDA

View Full Version : update on my son's heart surgery

beer truck
06-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I just got back from Childrens Hospital in Seattle, where my son Nickolas had his 4th open heart surgery today. All went very well, they were able to repair a hole in the heart, and replace a conduit that had narrowed with scarr tissue from his previous heart surgery. They replaced the cadava conduit with a integra sp?? (artery from a cows jugular) this is supose to resist narrowing more than the human ones. He is heavily medicated, and still on the breathing tube, but doing great. If all goes well he will be off the breathing tube tomorrow, and hopefully able to come home in about 4-5 days. Nickolas is 10 years old, and only weighs 26lbs, but is a hell of a fighter. I'll keep you updated on his progress
Hey Wally Gator, how is your son doing, I hope all is well with your family.
Don
Beer truck

MagicMtnDan
06-30-2005, 09:31 PM
God bless your son. I wish him great health and happiness for 100 more years.

FMluvswater
06-30-2005, 09:31 PM
That's good news. :smile: Best wishes to Nickolas on a speedy recovery. :clover:

Tom Brown
06-30-2005, 09:36 PM
You, Nickolas, and your whole family have my best wishes, Don.

NorCal Gameshow
06-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Best wishes to your son and your family...
stories like these tend to keep things in perspective :cool:

Wonderboy
06-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Our prayers are with you and your family that Nickolas will have a speedy recovery.

ROZ
06-30-2005, 09:56 PM
My thoughts and prayers are for your son's speedy recovery!!!

IN2-IN2MX
06-30-2005, 10:02 PM
All will work out now. We will keep him in our prayers.

pixilatedpussy
06-30-2005, 10:03 PM
I just got back from Childrens Hospital in Seattle, where my son Nickolas had his 4th open heart surgery today. All went very well, they were able to repair a hole in the heart, and replace a conduit that had narrowed with scarr tissue from his previous heart surgery. They replaced the cadava conduit with a integra sp?? (artery from a cows jugular) this is supose to resist narrowing more than the human ones. He is heavily medicated, and still on the breathing tube, but doing great. If all goes well he will be off the breathing tube tomorrow, and hopefully able to come home in about 4-5 days. Nickolas is 10 years old, and only weighs 26lbs, but is a hell of a fighter. I'll keep you updated on his progress
Don
Beer truck
Very good news! You and your family is in our prayers!!!!! :clover: :redface:

lucky
07-01-2005, 05:32 AM
glad to hear he's doing better - I think kids should be immune from catastrophie's in ones life -- well keep thinking about him - prayers and thoughts go out for him and your family also !

Wally_Gator
07-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Don
Beer truck
Beer Truck,
Glad to hear he is doing well. Our thoughts are with you. As it turns out, The Pediatric cardiologist has given my son a clean bill of health as far as his heart goes. The arrythmia in his case is normal, sometimes a little extreme but very healthy. They still don't know what is causing his chest pain.
I hope your son is up and about soon. Keep us posted.
WG..

ahhell
07-01-2005, 05:50 AM
good luck to your son and the entire family, times like that can be intense to say the least...God Bless
Bob

OutCole'd
07-01-2005, 05:56 AM
Thoughts out to you & your family. Best of luck.

THOR
07-01-2005, 06:22 AM
Best of luck to you and yours.

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 06:23 AM
Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Keep us posted
Always like to hear about stories that have happy endings

Artv
07-01-2005, 06:24 AM
We will keep your son in our prayers...

Charley
07-01-2005, 06:41 AM
God Bless you and your family, our prayers are with you guys.

JetBoatRich
07-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Your son is in our heart and prayers, keep up the fight.

Redneck
07-01-2005, 07:30 AM
Keep us informed our prayers go out to you and your family.

SummitKarl
07-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Don
Beer truck
very glad to hear this, a very close friend of mines daughter just got out of CH in Seattle, she is 13 and has/had (spelling) "scolious" sever curveatue of the spine, it was major 70 deg curveature, and CH seattle did their thing, she straight as can be now, your son couldn't be in better hands!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your son Nick kicks some butt on his recovery.

rivergoer
07-01-2005, 07:46 AM
hey im a marine and well give me info so i can put your son on my caco list. that way if anythig happens over here i can give him my heart. semper fidelis!!!!

redneckgirl
07-01-2005, 09:26 AM
May God Bless your familys!!!!
RNG

dicudmore
07-01-2005, 09:38 AM
good luck to you and your family :D

Boa1277
07-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Hope all turns out for Nickolas he sounds like a true fighter and champion anyone who could handle four heart surgeries has my respect many prayers for a speedy recovery.

voodoomedman
07-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your son and your family!

Water Romper
07-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Beer Truck,
Hope the best for your boy…
With all the sillyness that goes on in these forums, sometimes we forget life is not all jokin-around.
I have a son too, I have no idea what you must be going through…many thoughts for you and the family and especially, your son! :clover:

little rowe boat
07-01-2005, 05:14 PM
God bless your son and your family.

Floored
07-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Your son has been through more in 10 yrs than I have in 52, he's got guts. God Bless and good luck.

Norseman
07-01-2005, 07:46 PM
God Bless!!
We will be saying a few prayers and hoping for a very speedy recovery for him!!!
Bob

Miss Perfect
07-01-2005, 07:51 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family.

mike37
07-01-2005, 07:56 PM
beer truck
GOD bless Nickolas I will praying for a speedy recovery
and I would like to send a prayer out to all that need one GOD bless you all

Flyinbowtie
07-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you also...May God shine his light upon your little boy.