PDA

View Full Version : Launch Ramp Etiquette has been discussed

Her454
07-01-2005, 08:19 AM
but what about Gas Station Etiquette? Am I the only one that cant stand it when people take their sweet time washing down their windows, checking their tire pressure, chatting with friends....while there is someone WAITING right behind them at a crowded station?
I thought I was a pretty patient person but I almost pushed someone's car away from the gas pump this morning..... :sqeyes: :D

riverroyal
07-01-2005, 08:23 AM
my fuel tanks are on both sides,its always a pain the ass turning around.

BarryMac
07-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Couldn't agree more, another thing that pisses me off is when people pull in the wrong way, they have arrows and signs directing your dumb ass for a reason, open you eyes and look which direction your supposed to be heading dumbasses...

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 08:26 AM
It is something,
I watched a guy realize his tank was on the other side and tried to turn around, bump bump bump bump, finally when he tried it the right way by pulling completely out, he lost the spot, someone else pulled in.
OMG! tooo bad?

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Couldn't agree more, another thing that pisses me off is when people pull in the wrong way, they have arrows and signs directing your dumb ass for a reason, open you eyes and look which direction your supposed to be heading dumbasses...
YES I HATE THAT!

hoolign
07-01-2005, 08:29 AM
It is something,
I watched a guy realize his tank was on the other side and tried to turn around, bump bump bump bump, finally when he tried it the right way by pulling completely out, he lost the spot, someone else pulled in.
OMG! tooo bad?
If they dont know which side of their vehicle the gas tank is on..two words..Bus Pass :D

Her454
07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Or how about when its a small station with limited access and someone pulls in to the FIRST pump of THREE and the first two are wasted............ :yuk: :220v: :220v:

riverbound
07-01-2005, 08:31 AM
I was coming home from Vegas the other day and I pulled into a gas staion and they only had 1 diesel pump and there is a car there. So I pull up behind the person and then notice this person is not even pumping gas. So I sit there for a minute and wait, and wait. 5 minutes goes by and noone comes out. I can see people in the car but noone in the driver seat. So I get out and knock on the passenger window the lady looks at me and I ask her to move so I can get Fuel.I explain that there is only 1 pump for Diesel and my truck is a diesel. She looks at me like Im the Asshole blocking the pump and then tells me "he will be out in a minute" so I get backin my truck and wait 5 more minutes goes by and now Im Pissed. I get back out of my truck and knock on her window again. This stime she rolls the window down and says "What?....I told you he would be out in a minute..." SO I politley tell her. Im goin to get back inmy truck and put it in gear. if her car is not out of my way I will push her car out of my way. Then I jump into my truck and start getting closer and closer to her car. I was LMAO watching that fat bitche climb over the center console trying to get in the driver seat.

Wally_Gator
07-01-2005, 08:34 AM
SO I politley tell her. Im goin to get back inmy truck and put it in gear. if her car is not out of my way I will push her car out of my way. Then I jump into my truck and start getting closer and closer to her car. I was LMAO watching that fat bitche climb over the center console trying to get in the driver seat.
There are just SOOO many situations that I want to do that with my truck...

riverbound
07-01-2005, 08:35 AM
There are just SOOO many situations that I want to do that with my truck...
If you have ever seen the front bumper on my truck...you would see I have done it once or twice :argue:

Her454
07-01-2005, 08:38 AM
If you have ever seen the front bumper on my truck...you would see I have done it once or twice :argue:
.....I would have done that in a Christmas time parking lot issue I had last year if I had my truck with me LOL.........................I was that pissed off.... :D

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 08:38 AM
LMAO! way to go, sometimes that is what is needed.

Wally_Gator
07-01-2005, 08:39 AM
I am mostly tempted to push the green light sleepers outta the way. Around here we get some that are "putting on makeup" or just plain asleep or something..

Danhercules
07-01-2005, 08:40 AM
a gas staion and they only had 1 diesel pump and there is a car there.
This drives me BONKERS!!! I get sooo pissed off. There are 5 open pumps, but he has to take the diesel one. alsdkfgabivaoia!!!!

lucky
07-01-2005, 08:42 AM
but what about Gas Station Etiquette? Am I the only one that cant stand it when people take their sweet time washing down their windows, checking their tire pressure, chatting with friends....while there is someone WAITING right behind them at a crowded station?
I thought I was a pretty patient person but I almost pushed someone's car away from the gas pump this morning..... :sqeyes: :D
that was you dam -
i hate when some one pulls to the first availialble pump - rather than the farthest away , so every one can fuel :D

riverbound
.....I would have done that in a Christmas time parking lot issue I had last year if I had my truck with me LOL.........................I was that pissed off.... :D
That reminds me of a story of a x-mas time parking lot and my old truck.
It involved me being pissed off some a-hole taikng my spot and a 10 ton winch :D

Tom Brown
Reading these type of threads makes me glad I live in the sticks. :D
We're not big on courtesy but at least there are less jerks. :)

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 08:44 AM
ROFLMAO!
Here comes the truck from hell, get out of the way. Run :2purples:

lucky
07-01-2005, 08:44 AM
well you don't apply , cause you always have gas :D

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 08:50 AM
yeah

Tom Brown
07-01-2005, 08:50 AM
yeah
Way to go, Johnny Cochrane. :D

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Froflmao!

SummitKarl
07-01-2005, 08:53 AM
I was coming home from Vegas the other day and I pulled into a gas staion and they only had 1 diesel pump and there is a car there. So I pull up behind the person and then notice this person is not even pumping gas. So I sit there for a minute and wait, and wait. 5 minutes goes by and noone comes out. I can see people in the car but noone in the driver seat. So I get out and knock on the passenger window the lady looks at me and I ask her to move so I can get Fuel.I explain that there is only 1 pump for Diesel and my truck is a diesel. She looks at me like Im the Asshole blocking the pump and then tells me "he will be out in a minute" so I get backin my truck and wait 5 more minutes goes by and now Im Pissed. I get back out of my truck and knock on her window again. This stime she rolls the window down and says "What?....I told you he would be out in a minute..." SO I politley tell her. Im goin to get back inmy truck and put it in gear. if her car is not out of my way I will push her car out of my way. Then I jump into my truck and start getting closer and closer to her car. I was LMAO watching that fat bitche climb over the center console trying to get in the driver seat.
excellent!!!!!!!!! your my hero, but I just put a front hitch on my truck and just my luck I would get hooked up, but I can dream :wink: thanks for the great mental picture :D

Her454
07-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Mullet Mountain is definitly the sticks....and this happened today in the heart of it............... :cry: Its those damn flatlanders coming up the hill.... ;)
It involved me being pissed off some a-hole taikng my spot and a 10 ton winch :D
LMAO..............hmmmmmm, we have alot in common..... ;)

Tom Brown
07-01-2005, 09:10 AM
I once knew a 10 ton wench.

Her454
07-01-2005, 09:12 AM
I once knew a 10 ton wench.
I met one that day in the parking lot.................. :D

Tom Brown
07-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I met one that day in the parking lot.................. :D
Did you ask her out because it had been a while and you knew she'd be a slam dunk?

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Did you ask her out because it had been a while and you knew she'd be a slam dunk?
FUNNY LMAO!

Her454
07-01-2005, 09:32 AM
LMAO, ummmm no as I try and not let myself go THAT long................ :D

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 09:45 AM
There you go, perfect.
Every day or every other day
Anyways back to the etiquette

Her454
07-01-2005, 09:56 AM
or get that desperate I might add.... :D

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Ever see the blond that drives away with the gas pump still attached.
I will find the picture, I have it here somewhere

Her454
07-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Ever see the blond that drives away with the gas pump still attached.
I will find the picture, I have it here somewhere
LMAO, my ex boyfriend did that in Kettleman City on the way to Pismo....crowded gas station.....didnt even know he did it.....they had to chase him down...talk about embarassing! :o :o :D

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I found one
http://thissiterocks.com/pictures.htm?pic=67

bilgewiper
07-01-2005, 10:44 AM
I get most my gas from a Costco near me. It's great! It has signs pointing the ONLY direction to pull in and a attendant who stands out there the whole time jumping on anybody who even thinks of going the wrong direction. And to top it off their hoses are long enough for me to pump gas in both sides of my fullsize truck without moving. They just don't have diesel, which l don't need anymore anyway.

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 10:46 AM
I would get gas there, but you need a credit card ar debit card.
I think I heard you can go inside and prepay on a card, but have not tried.

DeepVee
07-01-2005, 11:01 AM
My Chevy has 5 gas tanks holding a total of 105 gallons, 3 on one side and 2 on the other side. It can be a huge pain to fill but man is it worth it on long trips, 1200-1400 mile range before I have to fill up. :2purples: I just drive right on by the busy stations and plan stops at stations with cheap gas and plenty of room. It's just not worth dealing with yo-yos when your putting this much gas in.

Flyinbowtie
07-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Yeah, as I get older I am finding that I'm become less and less tolerant of stupid, inconsiderate, or even merely annoying people.
And, to my surprise, it seems that there are more and more of them.
I think that if a damn gas station is going to try to double as a coffee shop/take out restuarant, then they should be required to have seperate parking spaces for both operations.
I am not interested in waiting for some ya-hoo's nuclear breakfast burrito to heat up and for him to use his damn atm card to pay for his shiznit before he moves his pile so I can get fuel.
I also think that people with large L's tattoed on their foreheads should only be allowed to buy fuel between the hours of 0315 and 0345 in the morning.
I am not interested in waiting for the one-tooth tweaker cashiers' boyfriend to finish with the pipe in the mens' room, give it back to the alleged female behind the cash register, and finally move his pee-yellow 78 Datsun B210 after putting $1.39 cents worth of gas in it.
I also think that, since people apparently cannot read EXIT ONLY signs, there should be tire/slicers that prohibit entering the exit at all one-way gas stations. Eventually, the idiots that can't read will associate the word EXIT with TIRE DAMAGE, and figure out that if they just drive like the rest of the folks, they won't be digging through the junk pile behind Les Schwab again next week for a new set of 1 Ply Maypops.
Yes. The stupidity and general "It's my world, there is no one else in it", attitude of people of the people I run in to at gas stations tends to piss me off.
What really scares me, however, is that these same people get behind the wheel of an automobile and drive out of the gas station onto the same damn road I am going to have to use. Perhaps we should convert all the diamond lane/ High Occupancy lanes out there to "TWEAKERS, IDIOTS, LOSERS, ILLEGAL ALIENS ONLY ALL OTHERS WILL BE CITED"
Of course, since they can't read the damn exit only sign at the gas station, we know they won't be able to read this. How will we inform them of the fact that they now have their own lane?
We will need some sort of universal word picture for a special sign...

Her454
07-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, as I get older I am finding that I'm become less and less tolerant of stupid, inconsiderate, or even merely annoying people.
And, to my surprise, it seems that there are more and more of them.
I think that if a damn gas station is going to try to double as a coffee shop/take out restuarant, then they should be required to have seperate parking spaces for both operations.
I am not interested in waiting for some ya-hoo's nuclear breakfast burrito to heat up and for him to use his damn atm card to pay for his shiznit before he moves his pile so I can get fuel.
I also think that people with large L's tattoed on their foreheads should only be allowed to buy fuel between the hours of 0315 and 0345 in the morning.
I am not interested in waiting for the one-tooth tweaker cashiers' boyfriend to finish with the pipe in the mens' room, give it back to the alleged female behind the cash register, and finally move his pee-yellow 78 Datsun B210 after putting $1.39 cents worth of gas in it.
I also think that, since people apparently cannot read EXIT ONLY signs, there should be tire/slicers that prohibit entering the exit at all one-way gas stations. Eventually, the idiots that can't read will associate the word EXIT with TIRE DAMAGE, and figure out that if they just drive like the rest of the folks, they won't be digging through the junk pile behind Les Schwab again next week for a new set of 1 Ply Maypops.
Yes. The stupidity and general "It's my world, there is no one else in it", attitude of people of the people I run in to at gas stations tends to piss me off.
What really scares me, however, is that these same people get behind the wheel of an automobile and drive out of the gas station onto the same damn road I am going to have to use. Perhaps we should convert all the diamond lane/ High Occupancy lanes out there to "TWEAKERS, IDIOTS, LOSERS, ILLEGAL ALIENS ONLY ALL OTHERS WILL BE CITED"
Of course, since they can't read the damn exit only sign at the gas station, we know they won't be able to read this. How will we inform them of the fact that they now have their own lane?
We will need some sort of universal word picture for a special sign...
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLASSIC!

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Wow let it out

JustMVG
07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
I hate when i am filling up the truck and the boat when i am done with the truck and the one tank on the boat i have to turn the boat around to fill up the other tank, and Gumby decides he has to take the spot where i need to go to fill the boat, then the fun begins when he parks gets out and then goes to the store to get his whatever finds out that the pump he wants to use is in service already, has to come out and move anyway, dipshits.

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I hate when i am filling up the truck and the boat when i am done with the truck and the one tank on the boat i have to turn the boat around to fill up the other tank, and Gumby decides he has to take the spot where i need to go to fill the boat, then the fun begins when he parks gets out and then goes to the store to get his whatever finds out that the pump he wants to use is in service already, has to come out and move anyway, dipshits.
Wow had that happen before
How wide is the boat?
My hubby gets as close as possible to the pum with the boat and stands in the boat to fill the other side. Well we have a jet boat, too. So I guess it does not apply to all

Rexone
07-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Traci, Hoss really wound your spring up tight yesterday huh? :smile:

Her454
07-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Traci, Hoss really wound your spring up tight yesterday huh? :smile:
My counselor says new meds and a few more sessions and it will pass..... :)

Rexone
07-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Personally I enjoy the jackasses who camp out yakin in the middle of the isle in stores, oblivious to the fact someone actually might be trying to get by them with a shopping cart. "Oh you mean someone else shops here too". Tards. :hammerhea

Her454
07-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Personally I enjoy the jackasses who camp out yakin in the middle of the isle in stores, oblivious to the fact someone actually might be trying to get by them with a shopping cart. "Oh you mean someone else shops here too". Tards. :hammerhea
Wheres your flag Mister.......? :hammer2: :D

Rexone
07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Wheres your flag Mister.......? :hammer2: :D
:confused:

Rexone
07-01-2005, 12:07 PM
I was kinda hoping Burt would chime in on launch ramp ettiquete. ;)

Her454
07-01-2005, 12:08 PM
:confused:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84131

Her454
07-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I was kinda hoping Burt would chime in on launch ramp ettiquete. ;)
Burt? Something I missed while in Rehab maybe?

Rexone
07-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Burt? Something I missed while in Rehab maybe?
no long time ago... :D
but memorable.

Her454
07-01-2005, 12:12 PM
no long time ago... :D
but memorable.
Is Burt the name of the guy (or his dog) that was cooling off on the ramp and the dog ......well uh..... got a little amorous LMAO ? :D

CandyA$$
07-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Not that is wrong, use common curtesy, they can definately see you then.

Oldsquirt
07-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Is Burt the name of the guy (or his dog) that was cooling off on the ramp and the dog ......well uh..... got a little amorous LMAO ? :D
No, I do believe that was "EricInNV" or something along those lines....

Her454
07-01-2005, 12:22 PM
No, I do believe that was "EricInNV" or something along those lines....
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh thats right - ok REX is messin with me trying to make me crazy with curiousity....... LOL
Oh BTW OLDSQUIRT - wheres your flag, its mandatory today ya know. :D

Rexone
07-01-2005, 12:24 PM
It was multi topic, towing and launching... (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23082)