PDA

View Full Version : My Eticket system

Phat Matt
07-01-2005, 08:58 AM
I have all my mids and highs and I should have all the amps today. Got the genny and I'm waiting on the subs. Rocky, I am ready to pick up the Cascade and the iota thing. :D Goddam I can't wait for the boat to be done and crank up the system. !!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524boatsystem.jpg
IDMAX 12's
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/graphics/product/idmax.jpg
2 PG 1200.1'shttp://www.carmedia1.com/media/PGXENON1200.1.jpg http://www.carmedia1.com/media/PGXENON1200.1.jpg PG 200.4http://www.carmedia1.com/media/PGXENON200.4.jpg PG 100.4http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/shop/uploads/x100_4.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC00493.jpg
:D

OutCole'd
07-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Are you doing the install?

Phat Matt
07-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Are you doing the install?
I have purchased all the equipment and picked out where all the speakers and amps are going. Eticket is going to cut all the holes and run the conduit. Car toyz will connect everything. If I was there I would do it with Eticket but I'm not. Eticket already works with Frank so that works for me. :)

OutCole'd
07-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I have purchased all the equipment and picked out where all the speakers and amps are going. Eticket is going to cut all the holes and run the conduit. Car toyz will connect everything. If I was there I would do it with Eticket but I'm not. Eticket already works with Frank so that works for me. :)
Sounds good. They did a good job on my boat. I'm sure yours will turn out awesome.

Doctor Feniks
07-01-2005, 09:43 AM
daaaaaammmn. i betcha some Sofa King is going to sound sweet bumping from those speakers....

Phat Matt
07-01-2005, 09:47 AM
daaaaaammmn. i betcha some Sofa King is going to sound sweet bumping from those speakers....
And you know this........maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. :D

Doctor Feniks
07-01-2005, 12:16 PM
fo shizzle.

KACHINA KEN
07-01-2005, 12:25 PM
OK white guys, back to the subject at hand. Matt are you going to mount your genny in the engine compartment? I was looking into that along with taking a feed of of my fuel line and ditching the fuel cell and possibly chopping down the frame on the genny.

Essex29
07-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Has anybody ever checked to see if the genny is coast guard approved? Would be a shame for an insurance company to deny a claim due to a genny being on-board. :idea:

Sane Asylum
07-01-2005, 12:58 PM
I have all my mids and highs and I should have all the amps today. Got the genny and I'm waiting on the subs. Rocky, I am ready to pick up the Cascade and the iota thing. :D Goddam I can't wait for the boat to be done and crank up the system. !!!
Matt..........
I'm just slightly jealous......I would really like to see the boat when you're done.....
I use the same generator on my boat and strap it to the swim platform. You can barely see it (or hear it). I run my A/C, charge batteries, run the fridge, and play tunes and the 16 amps or so are perfect. Doesn't run loaded that much.
Only thing I did is extend my shorepower to a plug by the swim platform. Dunno where you're going to place your gen. but may be handy to check that out and have them run the cable....
I'm probably going to end up having someone paint mine white so it blends a little better.......Thought about doing it to match the boat.....
Keep us posted.......

Phat Matt
07-01-2005, 01:08 PM
OK white guys, back to the subject at hand. Matt are you going to mount your genny in the engine compartment? I was looking into that along with taking a feed of of my fuel line and ditching the fuel cell and possibly chopping down the frame on the genny.
It will be mounted between the engines under the hatch. I should be able to go all day on a tank of gas so I won't be feeding it any lines. I will have an exhaust line hooked up to run out the back of the boat.
My nizzle.

Phat Matt
07-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Has anybody ever checked to see if the genny is coast guard approved? Would be a shame for an insurance company to deny a claim due to a genny being on-board. :idea:
Haven't checked into that but I could always unstrap it and remove it if I had to.

Phat Matt
07-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Matt..........
I'm just slightly jealous......I would really like to see the boat when you're done.....
I use the same generator on my boat and strap it to the swim platform. You can barely see it (or hear it). I run my A/C, charge batteries, run the fridge, and play tunes and the 16 amps or so are perfect. Doesn't run loaded that much.
Only thing I did is extend my shorepower to a plug by the swim platform. Dunno where you're going to place your gen. but may be handy to check that out and have them run the cable....
I'm probably going to end up having someone paint mine white so it blends a little better.......Thought about doing it to match the boat.....
Keep us posted.......
I will keep you posted. The only thing I plan on running this for is the stereo system. I might have to plug in a fog machine and lights some night though. :D
Club Phat Matt on the water. :D

Mandelon
07-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Cool, can I get on the guest list? :p

boxscore
07-01-2005, 06:54 PM
gonna be a sick system....
Did you get the amps from an authorized dealer? I understand there's a lot of "B" quality amps that PG threw out there. I suspect my 1200 was not up to par. Burned it up the second day. Installed another

phebus
07-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I know I've heard the stories, but it seems hard for me to believe that a company like PG would allow any sub quality item to come to market through any source.

Phat Matt
07-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Cool, can I get on the guest list? :p
You my friend are always VIP. :D

Phat Matt
07-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Did you get the amps from an authorized dealer? I understand there's a lot of "B" quality amps that PG threw out there. I suspect my 1200 was not up to par. Burned it up the second day. Installed another
No, but I also didn't pay an authorized dealer price. The place still offers a full warranty so I figure, what do I have to lose. I saved a lot of money.

ROZ
07-02-2005, 12:12 AM
I know I've heard the stories, but it seems hard for me to believe that a company like PG would allow any sub quality item to come to market through any source.
They don't give a hoot anymore... they just want to make numbers....

Phat Matt
07-02-2005, 12:25 AM
They don't give a hoot anymore... they just want to make numbers....
That's encouraging. :(

ROZ
07-02-2005, 12:45 AM
That's encouraging. :(
It's not just one company, it's many... 12v market is shrinking and a lot of companies are selling to anyone who will take their gear... Amps that were suppose to be in a certain retail point have had list prices come down a lot..
BTW, I wasn't knocking the gear, just saying that a lot of companies are doing whatever they can to survive... Those that follow their business plan staying ahead of the curve will survive... Funny how very company seems to try to have a sub to rival the w7, when JL has kinda moved beyond that developing into other markets...

boxscore
07-02-2005, 06:44 PM
HEY!!! The good news is... That 1200 hits damn hard! Very pleased with it. Your plans sound enviable!

Phat Matt
07-05-2005, 10:02 PM
I got 3 of my amps in today. Both the 1200's and the 200.4.
The birth certificates tested out at 1213 watts, 1216 watts for the mono amps, and 933 watts for the 800 watt amp! :D
This system is going to crank!!! My 100.4 should come in tomorrow.

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-06-2005, 08:04 AM
I got 3 of my amps in today. Both the 1200's and the 200.4.
The birth certificates tested out at 1213 watts, 1216 watts for the mono amps, and 933 watts for the 800 watt amp! :D
This system is going to crank!!! My 100.4 should come in tomorrow.
At what voltage did they test them at?

ROZ
07-06-2005, 09:33 AM
That is a good question :) :D

Jordy
07-06-2005, 09:41 AM
That's all you're putting in there???? :D
Do earplugs come standard? ;)
Looks good. Can't wait to see and hear it. :D

riverbound
07-06-2005, 09:49 AM
You would be surprised. ;)

riverbound
07-06-2005, 09:50 AM
No, but I also didn't pay an authorized dealer price. The place still offers a full warranty so I figure, what do I have to lose. I saved a lot of money.
Do you have nay kind of warraty in writing?? and what do you mean by full warranty? You will see why you payed so little when something goes wrong.

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Do you have nay kind of warraty in writing?? and what do you mean by full warranty? You will see why you payed so little when something goes wrong.
I guess I could print it out online and it would be in writing. I have had an amp go out before that I have purchased online and sent it back for a new one. Even if I did get screwed on one or two of the amps and had to replace them I would still be under the retail price so I'll take my chances. :cool:

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 10:29 AM
I'll have to check later but I think it was 18v. ;)

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 10:30 AM
That's all you're putting in there???? :D
Do earplugs come standard? ;)
Looks good. Can't wait to see and hear it. :D
You must sign a waiver that releases me of all liability when your ears start bleeding. ;)

Roxysnow
07-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Lookin real good! So is the boat going to be called "Sofa King Loud!" :D

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Lookin real good! So is the boat going to be called "Sofa King Loud!" :D
Now there is an idea. :)
Hey Kev, thanks again for the beer run Sunday night!

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
14.4 volts, 4 ohm, @ 1% THD.

rivercrazy
07-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Wow! I remember the days when PG used to be underrated at 12.5V. Now they test at 14.4. Guess they have gone the way of Rockford Hotplate.

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-06-2005, 08:42 PM
14.4 volts, 4 ohm, @ 1% THD.
With the genny you should be able to get all the power out of them. Very nice.

Mandelon
07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Wire up an outlet somewhere to plug in the industrial sized blender!!! :D

BoatFloating
07-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Matt, call me for the Cascade and IOTA smart charge. 951-760-5993 :D The system is going to sound sick. Now only if you keep the CD's from skipping... :angry2:

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Matt, call me for the Cascade and IOTA smart charge. 951-760-5993 :D The system is going to sound sick. Now only if you keep the CD's from skipping... :angry2:
Cool. I'll give you a ring tomorrow. Oh, and I think I'll just have to plug in a mp3 player and never worry about skipping. :D

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Wire up an outlet somewhere to plug in the industrial sized blender!!! :D
You mean the fog machine and lights. :D

mbrown2
07-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Guess they have gone the way of Rockford Hotplate.
I disagree....my PG's last a lot longer running hard then my Rockford's and my JL amps......Heck, my wakeboard boat runs hard all day....my Rockford in the other boat does not; and the JL barely runs at all in the truck and blew up...
Matt, great system.....and the online warranty's work...I blew up a 200x4 and they replaced it no questions asked......the warranty was as good as the JL authorized warranty I had to use when I blew their amp up...

Evo22
07-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey matt I got your IDmax's call me on monday!!

Phat Matt
07-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey matt I got your IDmax's call me on monday!!
Nice! I left my cell phone at my cousin's house but should have it back before noon Monday.
Thanks!!!

Phat Matt
07-10-2005, 09:50 PM
I disagree....my PG's last a lot longer running hard then my Rockford's and my JL amps......Heck, my wakeboard boat runs hard all day....my Rockford in the other boat does not; and the JL barely runs at all in the truck and blew up...
Matt, great system.....and the online warranty's work...I blew up a 200x4 and they replaced it no questions asked......the warranty was as good as the JL authorized warranty I had to use when I blew their amp up...
Thanks. I can wait to hear the finished product!!!

rivercrazy
07-12-2005, 05:21 PM
I can't think of a single high end manufacturer that hasn't tested at 14.4v in the last 15 years.
Lots of higher end Mfg's test at 12.5V or close to that. But they also rate them at 14.4V too.
For example, my JBL P1200.1 is rated at 1200 watts at 12.5V and benches at about 1378 watts at 14.4V.
I do realize the CEA ratings have changed the levels that are advertised by Mfg's complying with power output in the new ratings.
For example, it would suck to think your getting a 1200 watt amp but realize that rating was at 14.4V versus 12.5V. You'd loose a few hundred watts in a boating application. Not that it would make a night and day difference in Db's (probably only 1 or 2 db's tops)
Of course unless your getting a regulated amp versus non-regulated. But that is a totally different arguement.

Phat Matt
07-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Lots of higher end Mfg's test at 12.5V or close to that. But they also rate them at 14.4V too.
For example, my JBL P1200.1 is rated at 1200 watts at 12.5V and benches at about 1378 watts at 14.4V.
I do realize the CEA ratings have changed the levels that are advertised by Mfg's complying with power output in the new ratings.
For example, it would suck to think your getting a 1200 watt amp but realize that rating was at 14.4V versus 12.5V. You'd loose a few hundred watts in a boating application. Not that it would make a night and day difference in Db's (probably only 1 or 2 db's tops)
Of course unless your getting a regulated amp versus non-regulated. But that is a totally different arguement.
In my situation I don't mind if I am not getting the full regulated power. The sub is rated at 1000rms, the amp is 1200 @ 14.4 so if I lose a couple hundred watts, no big deal, they will match up nicely. The same goes for the mids and highs. They are 60 to 80rms and the amps are 100. They should end up matching as well. This thing should crank when I am done with it. :D