PDA

View Full Version : I need Roller Rocker info

DeputyDawg
07-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I need some input on roller rockers. I have always ran Crane gold rockers in the past and had good luck with them, but through a recent trade deal I acquired a brand new set of GM Performance Parts roller rockers(blueish green colored with the bowtie on them) and a brand new set of Lunati roller rockers. I have never run either of these rockers before and was wondering if any of you had run them and what you thought of them. It is no big deal for me to sell them and buy something else, I am just looking for the most reliable rocker I can get right now and I can't afford to go with the shaft mounted Jesels on this deal. Engine is a 522 BBC with CNC'd AFR335 heads 11:1 compression Isky solid roller around .688 lift, Isky Red Zone roller lifters, Dart stud girdles, jesel Belt drive. Engine will be in 21'Daytona jet and will be run hard all day long. Advice is welcomed

FILUCKY
07-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Call GM performance and they should know who makes them, On my Ford i run 1.8 SVO rockers that are made by Crane. Sounds like you got a real strong combo going into your motor, 800 HP? AFR makes some damn good heads, wish they made 'em for BBF! When you get it all to gether let us know how it runs. I notice your avitar, what lake do you run on? Maybe run into ya sometime.

DeputyDawg
07-01-2005, 05:33 PM
I will be running mostly at Possum Kingdom and sometimes Whitney. I also hit Texoma occaisionaly and some of the little lakes like Nocona and Lake Murray in Oklahoma. I am also building a blown Youngblood TX-19

FILUCKY
07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
You going to be at "plowmans" this year? Also i have never been to PK, but i would like to get there this summer, heard its a nice lake. I useally just run on lake Granbury and the river.

Fiat48
07-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Have run the Lunati's with no problem. Currently running them on my own deal.

Taylorman
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey Filucky, are you planning on going to the Brazos Aug 5 6 7th weekend. There is a group getting together. Check out the thread in central.

GofastRacer
07-01-2005, 07:41 PM
I need some input on roller rockers. I have always ran Crane gold rockers in the past and had good luck with them, but through a recent trade deal I acquired a brand new set of GM Performance Parts roller rockers(blueish green colored with the bowtie on them) and a brand new set of Lunati roller rockers. I have never run either of these rockers before and was wondering if any of you had run them and what you thought of them. It is no big deal for me to sell them and buy something else, I am just looking for the most reliable rocker I can get right now and I can't afford to go with the shaft mounted Jesels on this deal. Engine is a 522 BBC with CNC'd AFR335 heads 11:1 compression Isky solid roller around .688 lift, Isky Red Zone roller lifters, Dart stud girdles, jesel Belt drive. Engine will be in 21'Daytona jet and will be run hard all day long. Advice is welcomed
Haven't looked at the GM ones yet but the thing is to compare the alloy, are they billet??, and how big are the trunions?, do they compare to the Crane's and Lunati's??.. I know the Lunati's are good!...

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
07-02-2005, 09:10 AM
i run the chromoly crowers and have had no problems.....shafts are nice though i have them on my race car...once you get them set on the head they are nice and easy to adjust