PDA

View Full Version : A True Frenchie Sighting!!

PlyaPlya22
07-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Someone was trying to sneak out of Beaumont tonight about 7:30. with the new rig. Looks like he's heading to the Zoo! Sorry about the pic it was done with a camera phone
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1543jul01_003.jpg

piper
07-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Where's the pic? I don't see anything.

Miss Perfect
07-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Where's the pic? I don't see anything.
I see it. Must be that high tech computer you got at work! Unbelievable, it can build the space shuttle but can't view a pic on HB?? go figure.... :D

PlyaPlya22
07-01-2005, 09:02 PM
your kiding me right?? :D

piper
07-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Damn these computers at work!!! I miss out on so much stuff. :burningm:

PlyaPlya22
07-01-2005, 09:04 PM
you may need to change your security settings?

piper
07-01-2005, 09:11 PM
I tried it, no go. They got these things on lock down.

PlyaPlya22
07-01-2005, 09:22 PM
check your pm.

Jrocket
07-01-2005, 09:36 PM
I see it,bow wow and all.

Jrocket
07-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Must be nice going from "Hey everyone Frenchies here" to "No way,thats that dude that.........No shit?Whats wrong with that guy". :p

Havasu Luvr
07-01-2005, 10:49 PM
WTF I hear you might be MIA this weekend? Say it isn't so :lightsabe

KACHINA KEN
07-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Wfc.

MagicMtnDan
07-02-2005, 05:11 AM
http://www.neowin.net/forum/fun/room_of_those_who_care.jpg

RiverToysJas
07-02-2005, 07:27 AM
http://www.neowin.net/forum/fun/room_of_those_who_care.jpg
MMD, you should care! His boat is Simpsons Colors, just for you!
RTJas :D

RiverOtter
07-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Is Frenchie a Morman?

PlyaPlya22
07-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Lmao :d

Froggystyle
07-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Looks like he splashed the shit out of an Ultra design.
I wonder if John actually drew the design for him while they were talking and he just brought it over to Shockwave.
That gets the gas face.
Booooooooooooooo.

SHOTKALLIN
07-02-2005, 11:12 AM
kinda does look like Ultra gelwork. :eek:

hoolign
07-02-2005, 11:17 AM
It is an ultra design, there was athread on here where John responded and it appeared ,gave Puppy love permission :idea:

RiverToysJas
07-02-2005, 11:27 AM
It is an ultra design, there was athread on here where John responded and it appeared ,gave Puppy love permission :idea:
John probably figured, as long as a pet-o-phile didn't buy one of his boats, he didn't care what he put on it! ;)

hoolign
07-02-2005, 11:29 AM
John probably figured, as long as a pet-o-phile didn't buy one of his boats, he didn't care what he put on it! ;)
I still gotta chuckle...pet-o-phile :D :D

Boozer
07-02-2005, 11:34 AM
The design is cool but I'm not a fan of the colors. Still looks a hell of a lot better then the crap he had on his last boat though.

Froggystyle
07-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I hate splashes... Draw your own design or buy the boat from the guy who designed the one you like. :burningm:

hoolign
07-02-2005, 01:35 PM
I hate splashes... Draw your own design or buy the boat from the guy who designed the one you like. :burningm:
Its like buying a Honda and plastering it with HD stickers

Jrocket
07-02-2005, 02:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHA....he said "Puppy love"...LMAO

Froggystyle
07-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Its like buying a Honda and plastering it with HD stickers
Well, it just cracks me up that he was so up in the air with regard to which to get, the Ultra or the Shockwave and didn't see any real compelling difference between the two. Except of course that he likes one guys gel designs better obviously. Everything else being equal, I say give the guy who is the better designer the sale.
I am a jerk about gel designs though. People will find out just how much of a jerk if someone splashes me. Turns out that if you have your IP protected, which I do, the first time offense of splashing a design is a $150,000 settlement. Then you get to do a lisencing fee if you want to keep the hull. The liscense fee is up to the person selling it. Mine will be $25,000.
The only proof you need to absolutely slay this kind of lawsuit is that the product looks like yours by virtue of your protected features of the artwork and that it could draw confusion in the mind of a purchaser.

RiverToysJas
07-02-2005, 04:05 PM
The only proof you need to absolutely slay this kind of lawsuit is that the product looks like yours by virtue of your protected features of the artwork and that it could draw confusion in the mind of a purchaser.
So as long as it's on a V-bottom everything's cool! Right? ;) Certainly no confusion could be drawn there.

Froggystyle
07-02-2005, 04:20 PM
So as long as it's on a V-bottom everything's cool! Right? ;) Certainly no confusion could be drawn there.
Graphics is graphics yo. If it "looks like" a copyrighted design in the eyes of a jury, you win.

hoolign
07-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Well, it just cracks me up that he was so up in the air with regard to which to get, the Ultra or the Shockwave and didn't see any real compelling difference between the two. Except of course that he likes one guys gel designs better obviously. Everything else being equal, I say give the guy who is the better designer the sale.
I am a jerk about gel designs though. People will find out just how much of a jerk if someone splashes me. Turns out that if you have your IP protected, which I do, the first time offense of splashing a design is a $150,000 settlement. Then you get to do a lisencing fee if you want to keep the hull. The liscense fee is up to the person selling it. Mine will be $25,000.
Geez..I wish you would have posted this sooner!...I think Tom Brown is having his Nissan Maxima painted just like the Trident Revolution..I know he had a bitch of a time getting earl shribe to mask the "trident" in properly :D

Froggystyle
07-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Geez..I wish you would have posted this sooner!...I think Tom Brown is having his Nissan Maxima painted just like the Trident Revolution..I know he had a bitch of a time getting earl shribe to mask the "trident" in properly :D
Tell Tom I will cut him a deal.
He still has the all-time quote that puts this whole Trident thing in perspective...
"I'm a prop boat guy... and a Canadian... and I masturbate in public washrooms... but for what it's worth, I really hope your project turns into a great success."
Speaking of which... if you want some funny reading, do a search for "masturbate" as a key word (search entire post) and "Tom Brown" for member name on the right. Good stuff... From the looks of the search he does little else. ;)

HCS
07-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Tell Tom I will cut him a deal.
He still has the all-time quote that puts this whole Trident thing in perspective...
"I'm a prop boat guy... and a Canadian... and I masturbate in public washrooms... but for what it's worth, I really hope your project turns into a great success."
Speaking of which... if you want some funny reading, do a search for "masturbate" as a key word (search entire post) and "Tom Brown" for member name on the right. Good stuff... From the looks of the search he does little else. ;)
You got that right! his computer must be a mess. :eek:

MagicMtnDan
07-02-2005, 06:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHA....he said "Puppy love"...LMAO
http://www.rottbros.com/Lgpuppylove.gif

PlyaPlya22
07-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Damn these computers at work!!! I miss out on so much stuff. :burningm:
did you ever get it worked out?

Havasu Luvr
07-04-2005, 02:31 PM
:rolleyes: I never saw him this past weekend. I was in the channel most of the time , aside from a Moabi run both late afternoons. Was actually looking forward to seeing his ride and asking questions.....
I guess he is still MIA and NOT ready for a public forum :idea:

dannyo
07-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Saw his boat at Shockwave. Didn't see it at the Zoo.

upsman105
07-04-2005, 03:19 PM
I saw him cruise through the channel on Sat. with what looked liked 3 couples including his own...

LHC30Victory
07-04-2005, 03:41 PM
We saw it and even got an inside look on Sunday. It is well built and looks great. Not even broken in and he was in speed alley :idea:

purrfecttremor
07-05-2005, 06:59 AM
:rolleyes: I never saw him this past weekend. I was in the channel most of the time , aside from a Moabi run both late afternoons. Was actually looking forward to seeing his ride and asking questions.....
I guess he is still MIA and NOT ready for a public forum :idea:
i was there all weekend and never saw him and i ran to needlles twice however i was accross the channel from you sat or sun.it was wild in there! more stupid shit going on and lots a of peeps going to jail.

Havasu Luvr
07-05-2005, 07:18 AM
i was there all weekend and never saw him and i ran to needlles twice however i was accross the channel from you sat or sun.it was wild in there! more stupid shit going on and lots a of peeps going to jail.
And you didn't come over for a cold one? :hammer2: jk... I was in the channel most of the day (sat & sun) and it was pretty much a mellow weekend. I too run up river to Moabi both days late afternoon. I guess we missed each other :frown: I will be out in LHC the next 2 weekend, this coming weekend I am driving up to Williams for some Recon on camping spots for Aug and the following weekend on the water...thinking about doing Chris's RRX Regatta

Steamin' Rice
07-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Looks like he splashed the shit out of an Ultra design.
I wonder if John actually drew the design for him while they were talking and he just brought it over to Shockwave.
That gets the gas face.
Booooooooooooooo.
It is obviously a splash of the Ultra graphics. My understanding is that Frenchie talked to John about using his graphcis on the Shockwave before doing so and he got the OK.