PDA

View Full Version : Lost Lake info?

fstlayn
07-02-2005, 08:40 AM
My friend recently acquired a trailer at Lost Lake, so we are heading out there next weekend. I've never been there before and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the place. Do they enforce the sound regulations out there? I'm trying to decide if I should run the headers or not. Also, how is that section of the river? I've heard mixed opinions about running there.

hoolign
07-02-2005, 08:59 AM
I heard they were in the process of making some big changes out there..but they could'nt find it.

HCS
07-02-2005, 09:01 AM
I couldn't find it either. :notam:

hoolign
07-02-2005, 09:06 AM
I remember reading that one guy pulled his trailer up there. He went to town for beer and coulnt find his way back. :p Hope this helps!

slink
07-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Been there a few times (neighbors have a place there). sometimes really shallow. Had to wait till almost 1pm to get out on the water, even with a jet. didnt really see too many IO's out there. Golf cart is a must there. Good luck and have fun

HCS
07-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Been there a few times (neighbors have a place there). sometimes really shallow. Had to wait till almost 1pm to get out on the water, even with a jet. didnt really see too many IO's out there. Golf cart is a must there. Good luck and have fun
Where'd you find it? :supp:

slink
07-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Where'd you find it? :supp:
I'm a Detective........that's what I do :) :) , but I don't think I can find it again. I think they moved it on me

shueman
07-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Weblink.....http://users.redrivernet.com/lostlakeresort/

fstlayn
07-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Thank you slink & shueman for the info and link

HCS
07-02-2005, 11:54 AM
People on here always have the answers. With alittle humor in between. ;)
I glad you found it.

hoolign
07-02-2005, 11:54 AM
And what about the rest of us?? don't think for one minute it's easy to find info on something thats lost :D :p
No info for you..1 year

HCS
07-02-2005, 11:55 AM
And what about the rest of us?? don't think for one minute it's easy to find info on something thats lost :D :p
No info for you..1 year
I hope the info doesn't get lost. :D

hoolign
07-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I hope the info doesn't get lost. :D
very good point! but it may! :D

fstlayn
07-02-2005, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=hoolign]And what about the rest of us?? don't think for one minute it's easy to find info on something thats lost :D :p
That's why I made sure not to ask for directions!! :D But, yes, thanks to all for the input!

piper
07-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm lost.

shueman
07-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Take some pix and post back what ya think of the place....never been there, but really like that stretch of the riv....

cole13
07-02-2005, 05:54 PM
first of all you do not run an IO there. You will lose the bottom of drive. Seriously I just want to help you out. I run a low free board jet boat and have hit bottom there. The bottom is all rock as well. Do yourself a favor and take a ride with someone who has been there before, before you take your boat out. The water most often times does not come up till 1 pm. So take some horse shoes. If you need more info, PM me.
Thanks

CandyA$$
07-05-2005, 12:51 PM
My friend recently acquired a trailer at Lost Lake, so we are heading out there next weekend. I've never been there before and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the place. Do they enforce the sound regulations out there? I'm trying to decide if I should run the headers or not. Also, how is that section of the river? I've heard mixed opinions about running there.
So how was it, did you race?

Boat Loan Guy
07-05-2005, 01:14 PM
First of all Slink has no friends,,, second we have a place there and yes the water is a pain in the butt, the water is normaly up by noon but somtimes in the late part of the season it can be around 1 or so. A golf cart is a must, you can rent them up there if you dont have one. What space did you get? We are right across the street from the store.

CandyA$$
07-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Does anyone ever rent out a place?
How do you find out about this?

Boat Loan Guy
07-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I have not heard of anyone renting out there place but they do have Rv hook ups in the front of the park, right next to the river...

slink
07-05-2005, 02:03 PM
First of all Slink has no friends,,, second we have a place there and yes the water is a pain in the butt, the water is normaly up by noon but somtimes in the late part of the season it can be around 1 or so. A golf cart is a must, you can rent them up there if you dont have one. What space did you get? We are right across the street from the store.
That's gonna cost you a 20 pack :yuk:

purrfecttremor
07-05-2005, 02:32 PM
noooo props allowed.my last boat was a jet and i even founnd a way to **** that up there.BE CARFULL if ya can find it.that some bitch is lost!!!

cole13
07-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Does anyone ever rent out a place?
How do you find out about this?
Like I said to you before it is a lost place. it really does not exist. hahaha. If you can find it entry, it is impossible to find the river with out a secert map.