PDA

View Full Version : IHBA races.

Cs19
05-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out this weekend at Firebird. Most importantly my girlfriend Shannon for driving the truck all weekend which we all know is the worst job in the pits. My Mom,bp,Mark Roznos,Lance Oster,Mike Miller and Johnny D.,M.Sampica,and Jak Young from BBR and Becker Classic Photo. Thanks for all your efforts, I really appreciate you guys helping us out.
I feel that we did well considering all the problems we encountered. We ran some great times along with some good lights. Our best run was 8.94 @116.8 mph on gas only, no nitrous.We ended up qualifying at #5 with a 9.16. I only had one qualifier due to a 6al taking a dump, but we got it running and made the show thanks to everyones help.Unfotunatly we got DQ'ed in round 1 of eliminations in TE due to me crossing the centerline. I lost power just before the finsh line and the boat hooked hard left and headed into the other lane,luckily the hydro coming up missed me, I dont know if he lifted or turned or what but I was lucky..Somehow I ended up staying in the boat but Im feeling it right now. Ive got a bad case of whiplash or something. I think it slowed down from roughly 115 to zero in about 2 seconds flat due to it turning on me and scuffing the speed off so fast...I cant move my neck or head which made my drive home from Fbird interesting but well be back for world finals and some of the njba events, but Im really looking forward to some time at the river right now.
Thanks again for your help guys, hopefully we can bring home a win next time. Oh and congrats to bp for taking the win in the gambler class, you guys earned that one.
How did everyone else do?
CS

77charger
05-01-2006, 09:06 PM
our t/e boat threw a rod an oil pressure line broke off on previous run.this was done on friday
I didnt make it out there this time.Next race i hope to be there.

poncho-pwr
05-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Glad to hear you stayed dry cs19. Do you run a ratchet or pop-off on your boat and if so did they not help? I am new to this stuff and looking at maybe racing a little next year. Again, glad your safe. If that neck doesn't get better in a day or two don't play around and try to be a tough guy, go get it checked out.

Unchained
05-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Neck injuries have a way of accumulatiing on a person through the years and it can eventually graduate into your discs being ruptured, compressed, and having pinched nerves which is what happened to me.
I had my neck operated on and vertabra fused in two places on March 24 this year.
The doctor told me that you can always trace back even to someones childhood to an injury that caused a weak spot on a neck disc.
So I'm thinking..........Was it the numerous falls off a sled in the winter.....I had a broken collar bone once sledding.........All those dirt bike crashes.......Waterski falls....Crash on a three wheeler....another broken collar bone........and all those falls downhill skiing, .......I lost count. 50 years worth of abuse.
I've got a friend who has had his neck worked on three times. Old football injuries can really accumulate. And he's the most physically fit person I know.
I'm not ready to sell my boats and get a rocker yet. I went took the boat out and ran it up to 108 with two of us aboard last saturday. I'm still supposed to be recuperating too.

stoker2001
05-02-2006, 03:30 AM
Chriss,nice meeting you and Shannon.Stacie does all the in/out ramp duties for me to and i am fortunate she really enjoys it.Those are some impressive runs without spray,for some reason,i thought you sold your big motor and went with smaller :confused: Lakefest has been good to me as i got runnerup last year too :rollside:

Cs19
05-02-2006, 04:17 AM
Glad to hear you stayed dry cs19. Do you run a ratchet or pop-off on your boat and if so did they not help? I am new to this stuff and looking at maybe racing a little next year. Again, glad your safe. If that neck doesn't get better in a day or two don't play around and try to be a tough guy, go get it checked out.
i run a jetaway, i think i remember hearing it ratchet when it died..I highly reccomend getting one if you dont have one already. Ive got data on that particular run and you can see where the inlet pressure goes sky high when it dies, without a ratchet that probably would have been much much worse.
Im gonna get it looked at, its everything on my back from the top of my seat up, Im thinking the part of my body that wasnt in the seat jerked right pretty hard while the rest stayed put in the seat.I may have been better off letting go rather trying to stay in, i dont know.

hellman2u
05-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Glad your OK ! Thank the Lord for ratchets and safety gear ! Nice numbers CS. Congrats BP !

460 jus getn it
05-02-2006, 08:23 AM
chris, glad your ok. didnt see you in the pits sunday. glad your ok, if you are even in town and have the 6al cramp out on you, let us know i would be more then happy to pull the one from my boat to help you out in the future. glad you are doing ok and see you at world finals......

Johnwithjm
05-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Hey C.S. you were not the only one who had problems. My fuel pump went out on me. Oh well it was alot of work but still a good time.

FuelInMyVeins82
05-02-2006, 10:39 AM
God sounds like every one had issues this weekend.

sdba069
05-02-2006, 12:11 PM
My buddy, Gus, runnered up in TAH, at Firebird. Three of our boats won at Waco, Kevin Crane in his new TX-19 River Racer, David Straube in his little Mantra tunnel in SE, and Rodney Hartline in his new Placecraft BAJ running in PCE. Rodney only ran a best of 8.09 @ 130.78, but we had him so detuned to get him somewhat comfortable in the boat that it's a wonder it ran that fast. Congratulatons to all those guys along with the rest of the winners at Firebird and Waco.

bp
05-02-2006, 08:33 PM
jim/chris, thanks for the kudos. if it weren't for the 5200 d/a and the water...... chris, you did a great job all weekend. a couple ibu for a couple days will help. i'm still waitin' for my hands to quit hurtin after beatin' on that scraper.
big thanks to mark roznos, mike sampica and jak for their help over the weekend. gambler was fun, especially against a certain capsuled comp hydro.:cool: that was a fun race. i won't mention any names, 'cuz i don't wanna rub it in too much :rolleyes:
gus just didn't get a good set on that last pass, or else he might have taken it from rich, since gus got out on him a little. weather was perfect all weekend.
also, big congrats to jetboatguru for walkin away with at least two stone dudes...

DEL51
05-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Thank God you guys are all right. Hang in there.I take ibuprofin when i am really sore and it does help. Drink lots of water as it can be hard on the kidneys. Unchained and CS are too skinny to have back problems anyway. Must be the violence of fun. Rub downs carefully done help too. Are any of you guys going to FC5? Hope so.I have a friend from Wisconsin down there now.He will be taking some pics.

Cs19
05-03-2006, 06:43 PM
ibu is the only thing that works, without it id be screwed right now.ive got a bunch of torn tissue in my back, it freaking kills. :cry:
learn from mistakes everyone, make sure everything is dialed in beforeyou stand on the gas, even the stupid little things can create a huge problem for you.
chris

77charger
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
necks injuries are a pain .On my brithday in early jan i crashed my atc hard went over bars,landed head first,helmet went under rear wheel.I was fine that day was lucky next day woke up neck was stiff finally feeling back to normal.Must have been some strong whiplash

sdpm
05-03-2006, 08:14 PM
jim/chris, thanks for the kudos. if it weren't for the 5200 d/a and the water...... chris, you did a great job all weekend. a couple ibu for a couple days will help. i'm still waitin' for my hands to quit hurtin after beatin' on that scraper.
big thanks to mark roznos, mike sampica and jak for their help over the weekend. gambler was fun, especially against a certain capsuled comp hydro.:cool: that was a fun race. i won't mention any names, 'cuz i don't wanna rub it in too much :rolleyes:
gus just didn't get a good set on that last pass, or else he might have taken it from rich, since gus got out on him a little. weather was perfect all weekend.
also, big congrats to jetboatguru for walkin away with at least two stone dudes...
Go ahead Bob, you deserve it! Great job and congrat's. I damn near hit the floor at the awards ceremony when they said that the Gambler Purse (that you won) was $4000.00!! Michael (boat 030 here on the boards) loves racing you. It all comes down to the holeshot and you got him on that one. Again great job. Neil

Unchained
05-04-2006, 06:05 AM
Unchained and CS are too skinny to have back problems anyway. Must be the violence of fun. Rub downs carefully done help too. .
I had a bad disc in my lower back that I had removed in 1981 when I was 26.
When I was younger I always had to prove that I could outwork/outlift anyone else (which I did) and the ruptured disc was the result.
It hurts like hell when you have that sciatic nerve being pinched. It's just like a gun being shot down the center of your leg.
It's been a long hard road getting to 50.