PDA

View Full Version : Funeral procession on Sat. afternoon

XTRM22
05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't know if any of you saw the procession from the aquatic center to the cemetery for Patrick Tinnell, (ok I know 6Dollar boat saw it cause he was stuck waiting for it to go by) but I'm proud to have been a part of it. I've never seen anything like it, people out of their cars waving and saluting. I wish I had some pictures, but I was one of the hundred or so flag totin motorcycles in the procession ridin with The Patriot Guard. Between the honor guard, the regular funeral procession, the Patriot Guard, and all the other friends family, and community members they told us the procession was over 2 miles long! If anybody saw it and got any pictures, I'd like to see em.
Chuck

6 Dollar Boat
05-01-2006, 11:46 PM
The procession was an amazing sight. At first I was wondering why the cops were shutting down the intersections along HWY 95. Then I remembered a thread about a soldier who was killed in Iraq, it was good to see others pull over and wait for the procession to pass.

Kaotic
05-02-2006, 05:51 AM
I had just pulled off the lake and was sitting at a stop light when they pulled up next to us. All of the bikes had the american flag. I could not even see the back of the line from my mirrors.

Havasu Cig
05-02-2006, 08:06 AM
I am glad he got the respect he deserves, congrats to Havasu and the people involved. I went to a friends funeral that was killed in Iraq and he got the same type of procession. Nice to see people showing respect...