PDA

View Full Version : More fun in the big blue

H20 Toie
07-02-2005, 06:58 PM
The day did not go as planned but it was still good.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2573Blanedol.JPG

cole13
07-02-2005, 07:02 PM
that is amazing. Very cool pics.

4day!!
07-02-2005, 08:46 PM
That is F'ng bad ass!!!!!

Badger301
07-02-2005, 09:11 PM
So your saying you didnt plan on seeing those dolphins? Cause that looks a a great day to me!!

H20 Toie
07-03-2005, 07:14 AM
So your saying you didnt plan on seeing those dolphins? Cause that looks a a great day to me!!
No one of the boats ran out of gas on the back side of Anacapa island and we ended up waiting for vessel assist for a couple of hours.

sea2lake
07-03-2005, 07:32 AM
I heard V A talking to you yesterday. Hope everything turned outok. I was off of Ofre fishin, saw a ton of dolphin with white spots on there sides, ran with them for a while, pretty cool

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-03-2005, 07:33 AM
We were at the beach in San Clemente yesterday and saw a bunch of dolphin go by. So cool!!!!

INSman
07-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Great picture, except for the guy with the big head in the bottom of the frame :hammerhea :messedup: :D

Badger301
07-03-2005, 10:31 AM
No one of the boats ran out of gas on the back side of Anacapa island and we ended up waiting for vessel assist for a couple of hours.
Thats deffinately a drag. Sorry to hear it.

H20 Toie
07-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Thats deffinately a drag. Sorry to hear it.
but it was still a good time. but boy did i get sunburned and i know better just becuase there was no sun doesn't mean you don't get burned.

INSman
07-03-2005, 10:13 PM
My lips got fried, I should have known better as well, leason learned..
It's all Barry's fault for running out of gas !!! :messedup: :mad: :hammerhea

RiverOtter
07-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Great pic :cool:

Liquid Courage
07-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Hey you guys, great hanging with you Sat. Dan, sorry to make you wait for Barry with us. Hopefully this time he learned his leason!!! :rolleyes: I tried to post the pics of you guys and the other boats but couldn't get them to post. I'll try again later.
We'll be in Havasu next weekend if you guys are going to be out let us know.
Tank

INSman
07-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey you guys, great hanging with you Sat. Dan, sorry to make you wait for Barry with us. Hopefully this time he learned his leason!!! :rolleyes: I tried to post the pics of you guys and the other boats but couldn't get them to post. I'll try again later.
We'll be in Havasu next weekend if you guys are going to be out let us know.
Tank
Tank
E-mail the pics to me if you want, and I'll post them for you !!
Nice to meet you and I am oh so tempted to head out to Havasu next weekend, even thoug I have a trip planned fo the following week !!
e-mail is bcins@aol.com
Later,
Blane

Liquid Courage
07-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Blane, I sent you some pics. See if you can get them up. I don't know why it wouldnt work for me. Make it to Havasu bro! I'll buy you some beers!! :D

CandyA$$
07-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Awesome they were following you

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 12:55 PM
damn...thats an awesome pic...how often is the water that smooth..???

chub
07-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Lot's of sunsets and at day break. You'd be suprised.

Jordy
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Where was that taken? We ran into probably a 100 or so dolphins coming back to Newport from Dana Point on Monday afternoon. It was really cool as it's not something you see everyday around these parts. ;) :D

INSman
07-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Where was that taken? We ran into probably a 100 or so dolphins coming back to Newport from Dana Point on Monday afternoon. It was really cool as it's not something you see everyday around these parts. ;) :D
Back side of Anacapa on Saturday morning...

INSman
07-05-2005, 05:05 PM
More pictures courtesy of TANK, the first of which being a little "self-serving" !! :rolleyes:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294img_1028.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294img_1034.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294img_1022.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294img_1021.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294img_1018.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294img_1020.jpg

Jordy
07-05-2005, 05:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken I saw you guys heading out of Newport on Saturday. I was in a 30' Spectre with "X-Rated" on the side. I saw all of those boats this weekend, or exact twins of them. I love Cigs and it was a toss up between the Spectre or the Cig and the Spectre won out this time. ;)

INSman
07-05-2005, 05:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken I saw you guys heading out of Newport on Saturday. I was in a 30' Spectre with "X-Rated" on the side. I saw all of those boats this weekend, or exact twins of them. I love Cigs and it was a toss up between the Spectre or the Cig and the Spectre won out this time. ;)
Nope, we ran out of Channel Islands on Saturday..

Jordy
07-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Nope, we ran out of Channel Islands on Saturday..
Hmmm, as foggy as the weekend was I saw all kinds of Cigs around. Maybe it was up around the Yard House when we got done with lunch. :confused: :confused:
We were in Newport again on Sunday and ran down to Dana Point. I know I saw that 42' Tiger out there. :confused:
So when you guys were out around the island, did you stop and take in the sights at frenchie's cove??? :D :D :D
http://www.nps.gov/chis/aimap.gif

INSman
07-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Hmmm, as foggy as the weekend was I saw all kinds of Cigs around. Maybe it was up around the Yard House when we got done with lunch. :confused: :confused:
We were in Newport again on Sunday and ran down to Dana Point. I know I saw that 42' Tiger out there. :confused:
So when you guys were out around the island, did you stop and take in the sights at frenchie's cove??? :D :D :D
http://www.nps.gov/chis/aimap.gif
Why certainly, it was dog gone jumpin' !!

Liquid Courage
07-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Jordy, what were you doing out there all the way from AZ.? You probably saw the other SCOPE guys running down that way. There were a few out over the weekend.

Jordy
07-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Jordy, what were you doing out there all the way from AZ.? You probably saw the other SCOPE guys running down that way. There were a few out over the weekend.
There was some serious hardware out there running around for sure. Just wanted to do something different than one of the local lakes as we've been out every Saturday and Sunday around here since I bought the boat. Figured a Lake Pacific run would be fun and give us a chance to wear a sweatshirt in July. :D

Steamin' Rice
07-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Jordy,
I saw your boat on the trailer in SD on Sun night while driving to the gaslamp district, but missed you out on the water.. Next time I guess.

Jordy
07-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Jordy,
I saw your boat on the trailer in SD on Sun night while driving to the gaslamp district, but missed you out on the water.. Next time I guess.
It was kind of nightmarish out on the water on Sunday. There were 10,000 sailboats, lots of rented little boats, jet skis, people pulling kids around on tubes, tour boats, and then people in those little canoe/paddle around kind of stuff out on the water. It was an obstacle course to say the least. We ended up just spending most of the day hanging out over around Stingray Point on Coronado with the anchor out, just watching the party. ;)

Steamin' Rice
07-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Yeah, it was like target practice with all of the sailboters out there.. I took a run for a few miles out of the bay on Mon afternoon and it was almost perfect water.. A little wind chop and swells spread out just right for some good airtime..

Jordy
07-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah, it was like target practice with all of the sailboters out there.. I took a run for a few miles out of the bay on Mon afternoon and it was almost perfect water.. A little wind chop and swells spread out just right for some good airtime..
It was really nice in the harbor on Saturday night, just before the sun went down. The water was smooth and no boats around. Hit 102 or so under the Coronado Bridge. :D Needless to say the boat ran great in the ocean.

Liquid Courage
07-06-2005, 03:54 PM
It was really nice in the harbor on Saturday night, just before the sun went down. The water was smooth and no boats around. Hit 102 or so under the Coronado Bridge. :D Needless to say the boat ran great in the ocean.
Did you find it faster in the ocean?
Greg, hows the new boat??

Steamin' Rice
07-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey Tank,
So far the new boat is good.. I have a couple of things that still need to get finished up, but nothing that is stopping me from using the boat, right now I'm playing around with different props to find what works the best. I think I'm getting close. We had the boat in San Diego all weekend and burned a lot of fuel.
How's the new gun treating you?

Jordy
07-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Did you find it faster in the ocean?
Greg, hows the new boat??
It ran like a totally different boat in the salt. It jumped out of the hole better, planed better, didn't have the mid-range porpoise that I get sometimes out here when the air is bad... It ran in the environment it was designed to run in like it was designed to run. ;)

Liquid Courage
07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey Tank,
So far the new boat is good.. I have a couple of things that still need to get finished up, but nothing that is stopping me from using the boat, right now I'm playing around with different props to find what works the best. I think I'm getting close. We had the boat in San Diego all weekend and burned a lot of fuel.
How's the new gun treating you?
Glad to hear you're having fun with it. I can't wait to see it! I suppose you're going to the ski race this weekend hmm? We're dragging the gun to Havasu for the weekend.

Liquid Courage
07-06-2005, 05:05 PM
It ran like a totally different boat in the salt. It jumped out of the hole better, planed better, didn't have the mid-range porpoise that I get sometimes out here when the air is bad... It ran in the environment it was designed to run in like it was designed to run. ;)
huh, that is interesting. Well, don't get too used to it. :wink: It's a long haul from AZ. :D You going to Havasu this weekend?

Jordy
07-06-2005, 05:07 PM
huh, that is interesting. Well, don't get too used to it. :wink: It's a long haul from AZ. :D You going to Havasu this weekend?
Nope, the boat and truck are still in Cali. We're flying back out on Friday and hanging out for the ski race and then driving home. ;)

Nord
07-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey Jordy, How did you like Cali???