PDA

View Full Version : Aaron at Absolute

cola
07-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Well I didn't realy want to know first hand what kind of a mechanic Aaron is, I was willing to take your word for it. I lost the drive coupler today and the HP500 has to come out to replace it. Thanks Aaron for being in the shop today to trouble shoot the problem. ;)
Late, Mike

6 Dollar Boat
07-02-2005, 09:34 PM
If you guys keep breakin' stuff Aaron wont have time to do my oil change in a couple weeks.....sorry to hear about your drive problems. :(

INSman
07-03-2005, 08:19 AM
If you guys keep breakin' stuff Aaron wont have time to do my oil change in a couple weeks.....sorry to hear about your drive problems. :(
Not to mention swapping out a pair of motors for me :hammerhea :(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-03-2005, 08:35 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about vodka . . ,:D
LOL j/.k

All IN
07-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Aaron it smoother then the best vodka.
Did his new shop open yet

Kachina26
07-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Not to mention swapping out a pair of motors for me :hammerhea :(
That's more than a simple "swap it out" you've got planned there :D I saw your pulleys, they're looking good.

SDLifesaver
07-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Mike, I just saw you in the water yesterday? When did this happen? Right on again for Aaron and Absolute Marine. Nick

CornWater
07-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Maybe it has to be an emergency.. :confused: :confused:

Havasu Luvr
07-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah Mike, we just saw you yesterday in the channel? when? where?

cola
07-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I was leaving the channel Sat. to run down the lake. Soon as I hit it, it felt like it broke the drive, but with no noise. So first thing I did was jumped in the water and made sure the prop was still there. Took apart the shift cables on the motor and shifted it from there, still no go.
I summoned the first jet ski for a tow & he said ok. If your going to be towed might as well be as embarrassing as possible. Aaron was in the shop and figured it out almost with out looking at it. He said the coupler is not to expensive, but the motor got to come out. $$
Looks like no boat for a couple weeks till Aaron gets back from the Catalina Ski Race. Thanks in advance Aaron.
Late, Mike

Havasu_Dreamin
07-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Mike, sorry to hear about the problems. Aaron will get you fixed up right. I was in to see him on Friday and he was slammed! Can't wait until the new shop opens up and he and the guys can get some work done inside. Amazing that they get that much done in the outside temperatures.

cola
07-11-2005, 05:37 AM
I would like to have Aaron install a offshore water pickup and strainer, while the motor is out of the boat. What is the best strainer. Also will I have trouble keeping the thing primed with water. I would hate to have trouble with the pump.
Thanks, Mike

UnionJack
07-11-2005, 05:41 AM
I saw Aaron in the IE yesterday ;)

cola
07-11-2005, 05:57 AM
I saw Aaron in the IE yesterday ;)
I know he was at the Catalina Ski Race. He needs to hightail it back to Havasu and do my boat. I already missed one weekend & won't miss another. ;)

UnionJack
07-11-2005, 06:31 AM
Right on... I have no boat to service

Whipped Caliber
07-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Must be in the water!! I lost my coupler on the 4th and Aaron is replaceing it this week!! Last time rubber broke on me my son was born! :eek:

Quality Time
07-11-2005, 07:14 AM
I would like to have Aaron install a offshore water pickup and strainer, while the motor is out of the boat. What is the best strainer. Also will I have trouble keeping the thing primed with water. I would hate to have trouble with the pump.
Thanks, Mike
Mike,
My strainers stay full of water all the time so no need to prime. I have Rex Strainers BTW. Sorry to hear about the coupler.
Best of luck

UnionJack
07-11-2005, 08:03 AM
What happened to the DCB???
29 being built

cola
07-12-2005, 03:56 PM
29 being built
With what power??? Twins :D

cola
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Brain is using the Eddies sea strainer on my boat. Anyone use these. Do you know if they have the 12deg. mounting bracket. Looking forward to Havasu this weekend. Looks like it's hot enough again you need to swim every mile or so on your way up river. :eek:
Late, Mike

cola
07-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I just want to give a little props to Aaron & the guys in the shop. They pulled the motor, changed the coupling. Not a scratch anywhere. I do a lot of my own work & like things done right. I looked over the work because we are going to Powell in a week or two & it's a long way for help on that lake. Everything was back together the way it should be. Thanks to the guys. I hope you like Redstripe. :smile:
Thanks, Mike