PDA

View Full Version : Jet A Vator

Tresguey
07-02-2005, 09:36 PM
is there a special bushing needed for the Jet A Vator tube that goes through the hull? i just installed a used Jet A Vator and the stock tube had a piece of hose in it. and the new tube wont fit.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-03-2005, 02:02 PM
I dare assume you are talking the old factory berk Jet-O-Vator? The one like I have on my Berk "F" pump? There are just a couple O-rings on the cable jacket where it is inside the hull fitting.

cokesbody
07-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I dare assume you are talking the old factory berk Jet-O-Vator? The one like I have on my Berk "F" pump? There are just a couple O-rings on the cable jacket where it is inside the hull fitting.
I WAS WONDERING ABOUT YOU BOAT WHAT KIND IS IT AND WHAT MOTOR, I JUST BOUGHT MINE AND IT LOOKS JUST LIKE YOUR THE GUY DINT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT ANY INFO

Oldsquirt
07-03-2005, 07:51 PM
A Jet-o-Vator is totally different from your JF pump. The JF uses a special "yoke" that allows the steering nozzle to also be trimmed up and down. It is not a Jet-o-vator. The Jet-o-Vator uses a separate trim element and steering element assembled in series. The trim element pivots off of the bowl and the steering element pivots off of the trim section.

mgar_red
07-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Here you go Oldsquirt.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1176jetova.jpg
The F's are called trim nozzles and use the $400 ( yoke - gimble - tilt ring ) part.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Cokesbody, Lowrider is a 78 Taylor SS, running a 454, Isky cam setup at .565" lift & 280 deg duration, 110 deg lobe centers, Performer RPM Air Gap manifold, Holley 4150 carb, Oh, yes, and old Marvin M Miller Nitrous plate under the Holley. I have the "insert" berkley pump (the "F" with factory "selectrim" elec trimmable nozzle). My setup is actually fitted inta a special recess shaped into the hull instead of having 2 cutouts with a shoe. Nice system and it works well but it is shorter and has a steeper, shorter suction piece so it has more issues as speeds climb than the straighter style pumps do.
My boat was bought brand new by my father in 1978. He had DuaneHTP mod the pump winter '78-'79 and put the Nitrous on. She's all mine now.
True Oldsquirt, I managed to get myself confuzed. Thx for the heads-up. The Jet-o-vator is an aftermarket add-on for the non-insert type pumps I believe somewhat similar to the Place Diverter. Lets see if I get it right this time. :D

mgar_red
07-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Tres, there used to be a bigger diagram of the parts break down, but I couldn't find it. From this one, no. 15 is for "transom seal bellows", which would be what would keep water from entering the transom through the steering tube. That and no. 9 o-ring.
http://www.berkeleyjet.com/products/jetovator.htm
The Jetovator was made by Berkeley ( OEM ), not aftermarket. It is no longer offered, as a complete new unit. Only parts are still available from Berkeley. The picture posted is of a Jetovator on the boat. It is similar to a Place Diverter in the function that it performs, but nowhere close to how its control and steering mechanism is setup. :smile:
Here is another one close up.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1176jetovator.jpg