PDA

View Full Version : A quick "thank you" to the guys at Absolute...

One Particular Harbor
07-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Was out in Havasu the weekend before the 4th and my outdrive got stuck in forward. The gear select would move, but nothing would happen...
Pulled it Sunday and had someone drop it off at Absolute on Monday. As you can imagine, the week before the 4th is probably not the best time and, worse yet, we were planning on coming back out on Thursday for a full week of vacation (my first time-off of the year).
Brian and the guys worked me into the rotation on Thursday morning...turns out my o-ring had let go and the resulting corrosion inside had caused the shift mechanism to bind and the ball at the end of the shift cable to pull out of its housing.
Long story short...Absolute had me out of the door Thursday afternoon and back on the water for the weekend. They were even able to work in my 20-hour service while they were at.
Drive's working great, family is enjoying the weekend, and Absolute will continue to get all of my business for servicing.
Very grateful for the extra effort,
OPH
P.S. Anyone know what kind of beer Aaron and the team like?

Beer-30
07-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Glad to hear it was minor. Pretty boat.
With all this good publicity (you're not the first) Absolute is gonna have a busy year.

Essex29
07-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Was out in Havasu the weekend before the 4th and my outdrive got stuck in forward. The gear select would move, but nothing would happen...
Pulled it Sunday and had someone drop it off at Absolute on Monday. As you can imagine, the week before the 4th is probably not the best time and, worse yet, we were planning on coming back out on Thursday for a full week of vacation (my first time-off of the year).
Brian and the guys worked me into the rotation on Thursday morning...turns out my o-ring had let go and the resulting corrosion inside had caused the shift mechanism to bind and the ball at the end of the shift cable to pull out of its housing.
Long story short...Absolute had me out of the door Thursday afternoon and back on the water for the weekend. They were even able to work in my 20-hour service while they were at.
Drive's working great, family is enjoying the weekend, and Absolute will continue to get all of my business for servicing.
Very grateful for the extra effort,
OPH
P.S. Anyone know what kind of beer Aaron and the team like?
I think he likes Red Stripe (Jamaiican) beer. ;)

cc322
07-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Yep cant go wrong with the boys at Absloute, great service.

LHC30Victory
07-04-2005, 03:48 PM
I think he likes Red Stripe (Jamaiican) beer. ;)
Absolutely ( pun intended) for the Red Stripe, Coors Light will do in a pinch though...Don't ask me how I know :D