PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio - anyone have one of these?

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Anyone have one of these? (http://www.xmradio.com/catalog/product_detail.jsp?id=32024&type=Accessory)
http://www.xmradio.com/images/product_images/large/skyfi_marine_lg.jpg
Delphi XM SKYFi™ Marine Kit
Cruising to the radio takes on a whole new meaning with the Delphi XM SKYFi Marine Kit. The splash-resistant components enhance the portability of the SKYFi Receiver, so boaters can enjoy the sounds of XM Satellite Radio on the water.
XM gives you access to over 120 digital channels of music, sports, talk, news, comedy, kids programming, and more. That includes 68 channels of 100 percent commercial-free music. The Delphi XM SKYFi Marine Kit is the first plug-and-play satellite radio kit designed specifically for the marine environment, helping you enjoy XM Satellite Radio's coast-to-coast broadcasts even beyond the coast.
The kit includes a plastic case molded in marine white with a clear top to protect the SKYFi Receiver from water splashes. It also includes a docking cradle, marine antenna, mounting bracket with weatherproof hardware, surface preparation kit, and a universal audio adaptor that allows you to play XM stations through your FM radio.

RiverRatMike
07-03-2005, 01:00 PM
got XM and one of those radios but had to say good bye to XM after raising their monthly prices from $9.99 to 12.99 for get that. Not worth it to me!

Rod-64
07-03-2005, 01:09 PM
got XM and one of those radios but had to say good bye to XM after raising their monthly prices from $9.99 to 12.99 for get that. Not worth it to me!
Sheet! That raise hike is 2 days worth of beer for me. :D

INSman
07-03-2005, 01:30 PM
It was worth if for $10, but not $13 ?? The $36 difference over the year is only going to buy you (2) cd's these days :hammerhea

BoatPI
07-03-2005, 01:58 PM
A newer smaller version is Roady2. It plugs into the cig lighter, and the antenna just sits on the dashpad. GET IT TODAY- Comp USA has it for $49.95. It has the latest software version that should work great. It is so small it will fint in a briefcase easily for rental car, etc use.

Ultracrazy
07-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I have the roady2.......love it.

BoatPI
07-04-2005, 06:00 AM
I just checked the ad, it is on sale for half price through July 8th.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-04-2005, 09:36 AM
The marine version looks cool, but we already have the regular one in the boat. Not ready to shell out more $$ for the cool plastic cover. Wish they had come out with that LAST year.

Raisin Wake
07-05-2005, 08:10 PM
IMHO, the marine products are designed to fishing/ocean going boats. Big antennas etc. They just don't look right on my boat. I went with the XM direct that is all mounted under the dash and hooks up to the stereo.

BoatPI
07-06-2005, 05:48 AM
If u go to the XM website they list all of the radios made and offer discounts too. And like i said the Roady2 is the most portable.

a catered life
07-06-2005, 05:54 AM
IMHO, the marine products are designed to fishing/ocean going boats. Big antennas etc. They just don't look right on my boat. I went with the XM direct that is all mounted under the dash and hooks up to the stereo.
so the direct doesn't need a antenna? and do you still get the same amount of channels

Raisin Wake
07-06-2005, 06:09 AM
so the direct doesn't need a antenna? and do you still get the same amount of channels
It needs an antenna, but, I just mounted it underneath the dash. It still picks up a great signal and its not visiable. The marine antenna, I was referring to, is a large vertical antenna. I think its about a foot long and mounts to a rail. Not really what I want on my boat. :)

Holland
07-06-2005, 06:45 AM
It was worth if for $10, but not $13 ?? The $36 difference over the year is only going to buy you (2) cd's these days :hammerhea
I love logic.... That is what I was thinking... minus the cd's, but 36 a year difference??? that isnt even dinner.

Jbb
07-06-2005, 06:54 AM
I just ordered the Roady 2 and to not have to hear endless ads and talk .....Is well worth the price to me....