PDA

View Full Version : Domn8er cats

Two K's
07-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Anybody know if Domn8er is building a 25' cat yet? I really like their 28 sport deck and was wondering if the 25 is going to look like it. Dory builds a real nice boat. I'm an east coaster so I can't go look when I want so any info from west coasters helps Thanks, Keith

tgun
07-03-2005, 09:27 PM
25 cat is not going to be built until sometime next year. Dory has focused on the 25 deck but I believe the 25 cat will look the same as the 28 cat when finished. I can find out for sure if you like on time frame and look of it and get back to you.

nyeti
07-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Dory has already sold a bunch of the 25' Decks before the first one is out of the mold. The neat thing is that they are the same width as the 28'. I would think they will do a performance 25'er that should be really stable for its size. I still surprised to see the white and blue 28' at the shop, I figured you'd be cruising the harbors in NY in it by now.

Craig
07-05-2005, 05:46 AM
Was in Key West last week and these guys were taking folks for rides around the Key. Boat was supposedly originally made by Sea Rocket. They said, "A friend of theirs bought the molds and Domn8tor in Lake Havasu was now building them." Boat rode good, looks like its about 30-32 feet. They can put 14 folks in it and it runs about 60. They said, "The Coast Guard limits them in their speeed with passengers." It's powered by a pair of Yanmar turbo diesals.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/140BP6293420.jpg
Craig

Two K's
07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey Nyeti, I know that boat should be in my back yard!! Still trying to raise more cash. I was thinking of selling my 59 vette but backed away from that idea. I like the car too much to let it go. Have good amount saved and getting closer as long as the wife doesn't get any more remodeling ideas on the house. Having a great time this summer with your boat I hope. post some pics.That blue domn8er with flames on their website is real kickass, Thanks for all info. Keith

THOR
07-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Any idea of how much the 25' Deck is with a 496HO?

Two K's
07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Craig Thats a cool looking boat but I didn't see any 31or 32' domn8ers in their Upland Cali showroom and shop. Their 28' cat I think looks alot different. I would like to see a domn8er in a solid color [white or blue] but thats the east coast showing in me. I do like the flame jobs too though

RACER52
07-07-2005, 09:26 AM
that sea Rocket was a special build at the request of someone starting a
biz. I thought it was gonna be parasail boat.
But it sure looks better in the water than on blocks..
Racer

Two K's
07-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Racer, Did Domn8er build it for them? In the picture it looks like its carrying alot of people. I wonder what the bottom looks like

jayd_jr
07-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Racer, Did Domn8er build it for them? In the picture it looks like its carrying alot of people. I wonder what the bottom looks like
They are built by Gary Lynch in Havasu. He does the gel and layup for Dominator, Cheetah,Placecraft and a few others. Those boats are huge, they had two there as I was watching the gel being sprayed on my deckboat. Yes they are deisel and yes they also double as Parasail boats. They have an insert to replace the seats at a later date. They send them to Florida if I remember right.
Jay

Two K's
07-10-2005, 08:06 PM
They are built by Gary Lynch in Havasu. He does the gel and layup for Dominator, Cheetah,Placecraft and a few others. Those boats are huge, they had two there as I was watching the gel being sprayed on my deckboat. Yes they are deisel and yes they also double as Parasail boats. They have an insert to replace the seats at a later date. They send them to Florida if I remember right.
Jay
Thanks for info Jay. Looks like Gary does some nice work

98 Vector 21
07-12-2005, 12:44 PM
As of Saturday Dory Stated he has deposits for 12 of the 25's, We test drove he's 28 cat & it was a nice ride and is a big boat...

Two K's
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
As of Saturday Dory Stated he has deposits for 12 of the 25's, We test drove he's 28 cat & it was a nice ride and is a big boat...
Hey 98 Vector 21 Did you ride in a sport deck tunnel? Did you go in any rough water? .If you did how did it handle. I know the boat is built strong and has lots of room but would like to know how it handles the rough water. Big open bays where I live on east coast. What power and speeds
Thanks Keith

dicudmore
07-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Hey 98 Vector 21 Did you ride in a sport deck tunnel? Did you go in any rough water? .If you did how did it handle. I know the boat is built strong and has lots of room but would like to know how it handles the rough water. Big open bays where I live on east coast. What power and speeds
Thanks Keith
It was the closed bow 28' cat. Nice ride, not any BIG water. It was a windy morning and lots of traffic, so there was some chop but nothing huge. 2.5' prob, it handled that well. They claim mid 60's w/an HO. The boat they took us out on has a big blower motor in it, IMCO drive, stand off box, etc and they claim it to be a 100-MPH boat. I don't believe he took us up past the low 60's (nice to see how it would be with an HO but I'd liked to have seen mid 70's, maybe 80 to see how it handled)
As I was riding in the back seat I had a pretty good view of the trim gauge, never above 2 1/2 on the indicator, and he would trim it DOWN when approaching some chop. To quote 3DO, I'm no Johnny Tomlinson, but that seemed like defeating the whole purpose of a tunnel-hull to me. Any cat I've ever ridden in or driven we would do the opposite, keep the bow up and fly over it...

Two K's
07-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks for info Dicudmore.
Keith

nyeti
07-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I saw the plug for the 25 Deck this weekend.............it should be the heat in the 23-26' range. Great design and very wide.

BLOWN IT UP
07-25-2005, 07:55 AM
I have been looking for a new boat over the last two weeks in the 25-28 foot range I went to Domn8er Power Boats in Upland the guy (RON) there spent alot of time going over the boats with me. I have to say that Domn8er Boats is new to the industry from what I heard and it shows thats to bad the boats are very poorly rigged compared to other manufactures in the area or for that matter in the industry.I did also notice the 28 Cat is very wavey down the sides the gel work is fair has alot of bleeds not smooth even lines like most I have been looking at. I couldn't help to notice the wiring on the boats just left loose no tape,spilt loom,zip ties nothing just loose wires in engine compartment.I asked Ron if the boats are rigged in house and he told me they are sent out to a outside source to a gentalmen named RUSTY@ Adrenaline Marine hopefully the owner of this company will get a handle on this problem. Also noticed the moldings,gauges,lights,handles all to be mounted off all with screws that where stripped this company has alot of proving to be done I would start by getting a new rigger.....Just my thoughts

RP1
07-25-2005, 10:54 AM
I have been looking for a new boat over the last two weeks in the 25-28 foot range I went to Domn8er Power Boats in Upland the guy (RON) there spent alot of time going over the boats with me. I have to say that Domn8er Boats is new to the industry from what I heard and it shows thats to bad the boats are very poorly rigged compared to other manufactures in the area or for that matter in the industry.I did also notice the 28 Cat is very wavey down the sides the gel work is fair has alot of bleeds not smooth even lines like most I have been looking at. I couldn't help to notice the wiring on the boats just left loose no tape,spilt loom,zip ties nothing just loose wires in engine compartment.I asked Ron if the boats are rigged in house and he told me they are sent out to a outside source to a gentalmen named RUSTY@ Adrenaline Marine hopefully the owner of this company will get a handle on this problem. Also noticed the moldings,gauges,lights,handles all to be mounted off all with screws that where stripped this company has alot of proving to be done I would start by getting a new rigger.....Just my thoughts
Nice first post... :rolleyes:

Two K's
07-25-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't know what boat Blow it up was looking at but I was there last summer [I live in new york] and I was all over their 28' cat inside and out mostly looking at the construction of the hull and Thought that it was very well built. I liked it much better than the others I checked out while in cali. Electical, gauges, interior in my opinion was great! I spent hours there checking this boat out and I've been in the boating field for years. While Im not a builder I do know what to look for and whats good and whats not so good. The owner also let me into his shop to see some hulls being rigged and I also spent quite some time in there and saw nothing but quality work Before I left Cali I went back to Domn8er and looked them over again because once I'm back in NY I cant just say I want to look at something I missed. Again I was there for hours and couldn't find any thing I didn't like.Came home ,sold my 30' tunnel and saving up difference to buy a Domn8er. People go check them out for yourselfs

Domn8er
07-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Nice first post... :rolleyes:
I agree, nice first post. I'll make a comment about the negative remark about the gel coat. Domn8er's gel coats are done by the same person who does E-Tickets and several others. I haven't heard any negative comments about E-Ticket. Actually the head gel coat guy, I think his name is Mario use to be the head gel coater for Magic. Again, don't hear about problems with Magic's gel coat.

Sandbar Mike
07-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Bullsh&t First Post.

dicudmore
07-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Bullsh&t First Post.
I second that...
They all looked OK, nothing like he's describing.