PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from Havasu

SDLifesaver
07-03-2005, 06:13 PM
I had to come home and work a couple of days but what a great few days we had out there. My family (wife and kids) are still there and I am going back Thursday am for the Howard regatta and coming home the 16th. The weather is beautiful and actually for a holiday weekend it was pretty mellow and in control. Once again, a REALLY good time. Nick

phebus
07-03-2005, 07:04 PM
The neighbor across the street just came home, and he also said he was surprised at how mellow it was for the holiday weekend. I gave up on holiday weekends a couple of years ago, regular weekends are too crowded for me. I'm glad it wasn't too crazy, and happy that I haven't heard of any tradgedy or misfortune.

cola
07-03-2005, 08:41 PM
I had to come home and work a couple of days but what a great few days we had out there. My family (wife and kids) are still there and I am going back Thursday am for the Howard regatta and coming home the 16th. The weather is beautiful and actually for a holiday weekend it was pretty mellow and in control. Once again, a REALLY good time. Nick
What about the rowdy damn fireman parked down from us in the channel. Yes it was pretty nice out. Good looking little one you had in the boat Nick.
Should of called in sick.
Late, Mike

HocusPocus
07-03-2005, 09:23 PM
i also gave up on the weekends.. any weekends. its always great to hear things are going well there. i have a week to get my boat ready for the water.. that should be plenty of time. ;)

TCHB
07-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Nick we will keep and eye out for you next weekend. It sounds like the family is doing great.

One Particular Harbor
07-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Weather's been great. Hot, but with a slight breeze to keep you from over-heating. And, we have all been really surprised by how light the crowd has been this weekend and relatively under control.
Drove by Copper Canyon yesterday...1/2 full. Steamboat has also only been about 1/2 full the whole weekend. Channel has been full, but not wall-to-wall on the way in or out. We've haven't run upriver yet, but all-in-all it's been a fairly quiet holiday weekend.
OPH

Procraftkev
07-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Glad to hear it was a good weekend, Wish we were there. :cool:

shueman
07-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Quiet holiday reported by police
By Gary Weiand
Sunday, July 3, 2005 10:26 PM MDT
The Fourth of July weekend has been quiet and peaceful for participants, especially compared to the summer's other two holidays, a pair of Lake Havasu City police officials said Sunday afternoon.
Independence Day is the second of three summertime three-day holidays that traditionally lure big crowds to the City's lake and beaches. Unlike Labor Day and Memorial Day, it attracts more of a family crowd, said Lt. Rich Sloma, who spent much of Sunday along the river.
"It has been a very good Fourth of July. There have been no significant incidents, and no major crashes that I've heard of," he said.
Sloma said that the channel has offered no problems to navigation, with no blockages. There have been no air quality alerts to shut the Bridgewater Channel either, he said. Besides a friendly breeze, the reason may be that there are fewer boats, and people are driving them less energetically, Sloma said.
Sloma couldn't say if less alcohol is being consumed, but did say that the crowd is more sedate because the weather is hotter now.
"July 4th visitors are traditionally better behaved than Labor Day and Memorial Day," said Sloma. There are more families, and also it's hotter. No one can sustain their energy night and day," he said.
Lt. Joe Fiumara also said that there has been comparatively little trouble. Only 53 adults and 3 juveniles had been arrested as of 1 a.m. Sunday, he said.
The Lake Havasu Fire Department also reported no fires through Sunday afternoon. Calls to the Mohave County Sheriff's Department were not returned.

SDLifesaver
07-04-2005, 07:16 AM
It's a voodoo curse to call in sick on a holiday. A/L or trades are fine but sick is out of the question unless you are dying. The baby is doing alot better in the heat than we thought. Thanks for the comment Mike. It was good talking to you and I hope you guys get your boat fixed quick. Tony, stop by anytime, our street is tore up because of the sewer project but Kristan and I would like to see you guys and I am sure Joyce would want to see the new baby. He is 2 mos. and doing just fine. We just keep him cool and covered from the sun. Nick

Mandelon
07-04-2005, 07:41 AM
See you next weekend! :p It looks like a two day work week for me. Hee Hee!

phebus
07-04-2005, 07:43 AM
I'll look for all of you also. Mandy, we'll have food!!! :D

Mrs.Racer277
07-04-2005, 07:44 AM
We pulled in late last night. What a great weekend. :D :D

Mandelon
07-04-2005, 07:45 AM
I am going to be OutColed boat bitch for the weekend, so look for his Magic Deck. Rick, how are you feeling lately? Did you mount that La z boy to the deck on your Carrera? :D

phebus
07-04-2005, 07:46 AM
It's a voodoo curse to call in sick on a holiday. A/L or trades are fine but sick is out of the question unless you are dying.
Coming from a big department, there are allways those "select few" that just don't get it, and cause those that were scheduled to be off, and have plans with their families, to be held over or forced in.

phebus
07-04-2005, 07:56 AM
I am going to be OutColed boat bitch for the weekend, so look for his Magic Deck. Rick, how are you feeling lately? Did you mount that La z boy to the deck on your Carrera? :D
Look for us, and we'll look for you. The back is still messed up, but I said f**k it, were going. I have a disc infection right now, so it has put everything on hold.

SDLifesaver
07-04-2005, 08:34 AM
That sucks Rick. I will be back on Thursday around noon. Look for us too and we can shoot the breeze and have a few drinks. Mandelon, I called you yesterday and left a message on your cell. I will see you out there this weekend. Nick

Mandelon
07-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Nick, my smell phone took a dive yesterday in the bay.....it was recovered quickly but now is in sickbay.... :frown: The boy and I should be up Thursday afternoon.

dannyo
07-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Definitely a pretty mellow weekend. Single line of boats in the channel and copper and steamboat 1/2 full. The ramps were closed by 11am on Sunday and there were alot of boats that were parked on trailers still. It seems like 4th of july has less of the idiots. Great weekend!!! :p