PDA

View Full Version : Attention: jErK haters,,, Race News:

CircleJerk
07-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Now you have more reason to hate me......I just won the invitational Vintage Nostalgia class with the #57 'A-boat'! And a sweet trophy!
Newport was the river race site this weekend which saw the 'Dirty Dozen' Nostalgia fleet wow the residents. (they are only 'dirty' cause all 12 crews worked hard all three sunny days on their aging craft) We ran first off with the fast A heat which saw George Nordlings Lavey and new driver Mike Devore win overall with the Hondo of Team Davis a close second. Steve's red Hondo took third with Scott's Sanger runner having handling problems & finishing fourth.
In the SK class: Marc H. in his Barron Sprint ran hard and consistant to top the field of seven. Robbie's drag Sanger captured second followed by our former Champion in his Aquacraft. The new GIRL Cheryl in her yellow Sanger owned by (HONDOSANGER-Big AL) from Sedro Wooley Wa. snapped a Vertex rotor and ruined her otherwise perfect driving performance. Dad, Al, had his bad Sanger cruiser in the river helping tow the unfortunate home and to support his pretty daughter whenever possible. Nice job DAD but you oue me for the magneto rental!
The other SK boats of 'FiveO' (Ror L.) and jErKizoid, (Bombers hero) were invited to run the Vintage class where they fought for the flatbottoms bragging rights while running deck to deck with the Inboard Hydroplanes. I only won by running all four heats but did show off a bit with photo starts and finishes in 3 out of 4 runs. Dang that LS7 scares me! Best dang time I have ever had! The Mod 5liter of H&S Marine nipped me at the line twice by one sponson! This is what the host club loved to see as we were guests of AOF and the State Line Outboard Hydroplane Club.
Next race: Ione Wa. Labor Day weekend! A possible Silverdale Unlimited Light race is being considered for August IF we can get commitments from YOU to race there in salt water! Tow money has been offered, contact George Nordling or myself.
Thank you Flat Rat for your devotion and great help in my pits! I couldnt have done so well without you and your wifes help! Also, thank you Dear Wife, Mrs. Bomber.......I finally got 'Greaser' running!

BigBoyToys
07-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Congrats on the win. Must have gotten that boat settled down a bit after I left huh? Not too bad for the amount of seat time ya had in that boat.
We'll see ya Labor Day weekend for sure. I have a few others coming up for that race.......

CircleJerk
07-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Dont know, what happened, I think I just tried harder using more throttle (I saw 6500 once) and it flattened out somewhat. Brent put the pressure on me entering the turn in the lead so I tried wide open throttle at the apex and she clawed her way around the buoy drifting from one to lane three. That was a pretty narrow course for him to turn any harder so any advantage went to my Aquacraft. Of course I am NO driver and felt pretty stupid and novice in my former boat. But boy, what a rush!
Further proof that anyone can bring their flat out and enjoy it in a safe 2 mile race. I dont think you knew but his hydro has not been beaten in the vintage class all year so running a close second surprised quite a few. The other thing that only drivers saw, were big holes in the course where the rivers current hit shallow parts. So one driver told me to anticipate them and pedal it harder right before them. It was possibly the worst water I have raced on even being in the lead. Surely, the most fun I have ever had! You have to join us!

CircleJerk
07-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Our 2004 Champion, Ron, Mr. Calm Kool & Collected, (OregonH2o) is the current points leader going into our two last races so we may see a repeat from last year where an SK boats consistancy wins over the faster more tempermental ones in the A heat. Right now we only have four that qualify under our new fast class rules that require shaft releases and eliminate drag style runner bottoms.
Glad you had a safe trip home Ron and Sherri! and congradulations, now get that boat done for Ione and the double points! The blocker 'A' boat IS in position! Hurrah

BigBoyToys
07-05-2005, 05:08 AM
You have to join us!
I think I may just do that :cool: I almost pulled the trigger on George's K Boat, but I backed down at the last minute. STill considering it, but I think that my biggest issue with that K427 would be lack of time to run and maintain it (Not to mention lack of knowledge with the Alcohol motors). There is still that "slight" chance, and as George told me, "maybe I'll change my mind".
I think I will go with the other boat that we talked about once I get ahold of him. Then we will need to see about getting a class up and running for them......
Drop by anytime. You know where I live ;) I start my new job tomorrow so time has become a big factor for me.
BTW, if you know of anyone looking for a great tow rig (Not quite as nice as yours) I am gonna sell the Red Dually Crew Cab (I'm Keeping the White one) and will accept any reasonable offer. Gotta make room for a boat :supp: :D

h2oregon
07-05-2005, 08:43 AM
B.B.T. It was good to meet you in Newport. "The Other Boat" would not be a jet would it? if so, do us a favor and go drag racing instead! Have you considered buying the K427 with the weekend wining 468 engine out of the orange lavy? That would make a sweet combination you could take to Ione and clean house with. What year is your red crew cab and how much?

h2oregon
07-05-2005, 11:53 AM
C.J. my thanks go out to you and your dear wife, as without you and your passion for these old flat bottoms, none of this would be possible, we look forward to the Ione race on labor day, and hope to have a more competitive package ready by then. Again thanks to all involved, A great wekend of racing!

BigBoyToys
07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
B.B.T. It was good to meet you in Newport. "The Other Boat" would not be a jet would it? if so, do us a favor and go drag racing instead! Have you considered buying the K427 with the weekend wining 468 engine out of the orange lavy? That would make a sweet combination you could take to Ione and clean house with. What year is your red crew cab and how much?
It was great meeting you too! Met lotsa good folks at Newport and I'm definitely planning on heading to Ione. I'm still not sure yet what boat to get and run with. I was seriously considering the K427 and the price just can't be beat, but I don't feel that I have the time that it would take to run and maintain it. I may get a Jet for the family and a V-Drive for the "Playing".....That is a good possibility. Possibly a SS or PS type boat to run with.....
I'm still looking :mix: :D
The Red Dually Crew Cab is a 1979 With a 454 and a 4 speed. It's in pretty good shape and I am open to all offers. Just gotta get rid of it and make some room for some other pending "Toys" :cool: You can see pics of it here
http://www.pritek.net/dually/