PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator hits water today!

wet77
07-04-2005, 11:54 AM
The boat is done :rollside:
I finished my 85 21' eliminator daytona today and its going in the water in a few hours.
Everything looks good except my fuel level?
New autometer pro comp gauge from REX but I used the original senders
Anyone else have 23 gallon saddle tanks that have changed the senders let me know how its done.
Thanks

460 jus getn it
07-04-2005, 12:04 PM
good luck man keep us informed...........

WUTWZAT
07-04-2005, 02:07 PM
What type of gauge did you have before and did you make sure to ground the gauge?
Jason

cave
07-04-2005, 04:04 PM
dont forget to take lots of pictures.

wet77
07-04-2005, 05:13 PM
AWESOME!!!!
Took pics but I can not upload them the same way I used to??
The boat handled great I need to play around with the ride plate but I hit 71.8 mph with 4 people full tanks and thats only at 6000 rpm for about 8 seconds, it kept climbing but I chickened out and did not want to break the boat the first day out ya know!
It had amazing acceleration that inducer must really work!
I am running a berk JG ramp loader, inducer, aggressor bronze B flowed and balanced at HTP a stock bowl with graphite a place diverter (new style) and a ride plate that is cut into the intake where a shoe would be all the way back to the end of the bowl.
I checked the grounds I get a small reading on one sender and nothing on the other, these tanks sat empty for 18 years!! Any way to run a test on them??
So they are probably bad they are russell stainless tanks I bought a set of autometer marine pro comp gauges from REX Marine I thought the ohms were the same anyone know the right sender? Has anyone ever changed them out before?
Also where should the ride plate angle be set at or at least a starting point, right now its bent up about 2-3 degrees, I get no hopping but the rear seems loose when you kick it down.
Any way got to go for the fireworks tonight check back later
WET77 :cool:

wet77
07-04-2005, 05:14 PM
What type of gauge did you have before and did you make sure to ground the gauge?
Jason
VDO gauge stock eliminator vintage 1985 :cool:

wet77
07-04-2005, 05:16 PM
P.S. motor is a 540 dart,heads intake
Isky 688 lift mech roller from HTP
Bassett twist headers
850 pro form carb
Dyno results after 12 pulls
650+ hp
600+ torque
On pump gas :D