PDA

View Full Version : location for break in

76elimspecial
07-04-2005, 01:08 PM
My 460 Was Just Finished About 2weeks Ago. Cam Break In Was Done Everything Goin Good. Pulled It Out To Boulder Last Weekend And Had Minor Problem With New Mallory Distributor. No Big Deal, But Big Enough To Keep Me Off The Water For The Weekend Cause I Didnt Feel Like Messin With It. So We're Headin Out To Parker For Another Maiden Voyage Next Weekend. I Wanted To Get A Few Hours On It Before I Haul It All The Way To Parker (im In Rancho Cuc) Just For Peace Of Mind. Where Is A Good Local Lake Leanient With Noise Where I Can Put Some Hours On This Thing?

Squirtin Thunder
07-04-2005, 01:24 PM
My 460 Was Just Finished About 2weeks Ago. Cam Break In Was Done Everything Goin Good. Pulled It Out To Boulder Last Weekend And Had Minor Problem With New Mallory Distributor. No Big Deal, But Big Enough To Keep Me Off The Water For The Weekend Cause I Didnt Feel Like Messin With It. So We're Headin Out To Parker For Another Maiden Voyage Next Weekend. I Wanted To Get A Few Hours On It Before I Haul It All The Way To Parker (im In Rancho Cuc) Just For Peace Of Mind. Where Is A Good Local Lake Leanient With Noise Where I Can Put Some Hours On This Thing?
Where are you ???

76elimspecial
07-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Rancho Cucamonga,ca

WUTWZAT
07-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Lake Elsinore, CA is a good place. Go South on the 15 Freeway and the lake is beyond the hills to your right hand side. Go early to get some good calm water, and don't mind the greenish hue. You may recocognize the launch ramp at Marina West from several Hot Boat photo shoots,
I know, I know, HOT BOAT HAS A MAGAZINE?
Good luck,
Jason

76elimspecial
07-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Lake Elsinore, CA is a good place. Go South on the 15 Freeway and the lake is beyond the hills to your right hand side. Go early to get some good calm water, and don't mind the greenish hue. You may recocognize the launch ramp at Marina West from several Hot Boat photo shoots,
I know, I know, HOT BOAT HAS A MAGAZINE?
Good luck,
Jason
COOL. THANKS ALOT. IM GOIN. HOPEFULLY ALL WILL GO WELL.

Havasu47
10-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Did you forget where all the Lakes are around here? :hammer2: :D

79Challenger
10-20-2005, 03:32 PM
"Puddle"-stone in San Dimas is pretty easy.

b's sanger
10-20-2005, 04:06 PM
"Puddle"-stone in San Dimas is pretty easy.
Pudding Stone is close and small, but nice for a break-in or test run. Many a time I have been on the lake with timing light in hand. Expensive to launch though, I believe it's between $12.00 and $16.00 now.
They will require baffles/mufflers for OT headers, FYI.

76elimspecial
10-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Did you forget where all the Lakes are around here? :hammer2: :D
OH YAH. ISNT ELSINORE THAT LAKE YOU DONATED YOUR SHADES TO. :hammerhea

Havasu47
10-21-2005, 08:23 AM
OH YAH. ISNT ELSINORE THAT LAKE YOU DONATED YOUR SHADES TO. :hammerhea
[YEAH] would be the proper spelling. Actually, it was my phone that went for a swim with all the dead rotting fish at Elsinore.
I do want to thank you for letting me use the outhouse behind your trailer. Elsinore is such a beautiful place and your view of the restrooms is spectacular. I am sure your fiance will love living there!!! :lightsabe :lightsabe :D :D