PDA

View Full Version : a little good news and alot of bad news

FOURQ
07-04-2005, 04:15 PM
i got the new boat running... my parents were going over to catalina for the weekend so i decided to meet them over there on sat morn with the new boat. pops and I were doing some test and tune and everything seemed great water was glass on the frontside of the island so he told me to take it out and make a full pass and hold it so he could see were else to make changes. so i took off idled out then hit it about half throttle and she was runnin great then i decided to open her up all the way.. she was flyin then all the sudden i hit a roller and flew out of the water and it was all over from there.. she went over backwards and sunk......... :cry: :cry: :cry:notthin like seein your nice new ride bobin updise down in the ocean :frown: :frown: pops came out we hooked her up and got her out of the water so we could see what damage was done.... well we got the engine all flushed and went to fire her but the electronics were dead no ignition.. long weekend and a long ride home :cry: :cry:
ohh and i lost the gps so i dont even know how fast i got up too :cry: :confused:
Q

crf311
07-04-2005, 04:21 PM
That sucks! At least you were not hurt. The boat can be fixed.

dmontzsta
07-04-2005, 04:22 PM
i got the new boat running... my parents were going over to catalina for the weekend so i decided to meet them over there on sat morn with the new boat. pops and I were doing some test and tune and everything seemed great water was glass on the frontside of the island so he told me to take it out and make a full pass and hold it so he could see were else to make changes. so i took off idled out then hit it about half throttle and she was runnin great then i decided to open her up all the way.. she was flyin then all the sudden i hit a roller and flew out of the water and it was all over from there.. she went over backwards and sunk......... :cry: :cry: :cry:notthin like seein your nice new ride bobin updise down in the ocean :frown: :frown: pops came out we hooked her up and got her out of the water so we could see what damage was done.... well we got the engine all flushed and went to fire her but the electronics were dead no ignition.. long weekend and a long ride home :cry: :cry:
ohh and i lost the gps so i dont even know how fast i got up too :cry: :confused:
Q
damn, that really sucks...sorry to hear. :( How was she running at first? were you pretty impressed? Atleast you got her hooked up and pulled out, you can always go through everything like Dan had to.
I drove by your house Friday night, was going to stop in but didnt know if you were shacked up with some chick, so we went to eat at Main St Pizza down the road.

FOURQ
07-04-2005, 04:26 PM
damn, that really sucks...sorry to hear. :( How was she running at first? were you pretty impressed? Atleast you got her hooked up and pulled out, you can always go through everything like Dan had to.
I drove by your house Friday night, was going to stop in but didnt know if you were shacked up with some chick, so we went to eat at Main St Pizza down the road.
ya it sucks but it can all be fixed she was runnin real good i was real impressed but hell with that being the only trip on it its hard to say what she will really do....you should have called i was home packin for the treck over sat morning.. i left at 4 am with the nice calm water. all i can sat is thank god for floatation..and real glad no one was hurt
Q

dmontzsta
07-04-2005, 04:29 PM
ya it sucks but it can all be fixed she was runnin real good i was real impressed but hell with that being the only trip on it its hard to say what she will really do....you should have called i was home packin for the treck over sat morning.. i left at 4 am with the nice calm water. all i can sat is thank god for floatation..and real glad no one was hurt
Q
That is an erie feeling to see the bow of a boat floating, especially in the ocean, it is deep! I really feel for you, that was alot of work, I was wondering what the heck was going to happen with all that power and a surface drive, I guess now we know.
I was going to go up to the door. But then my chick said "what if he is in there with a girl or something and you interupt". haha
I will catch up with you guys next weekend.

szokejohn2
07-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Glad nobody got hurt.My jetboat was also sunk 2 years ago,unfortunatly ,it went all the way down to the bottom.We resurected the boat 5 days later ,i thought for sure the engine was done.It settled to the bottom of the lake ,96 feet down.the pressue was so great ,the carb floats were crushed.I had to purchase new ones.I was very sceptical that it would never run again.after replacing the floats,pulling the sparkplugs out turn the engine over to get all the water out of the cyliders,I crossed my fingers shot some fuel into the carb ,and started it up.It took 5 revolutions and it fired right up,i was astonished,it ran perfect.not suprised,none of the gauges ever worked again,had to replace them all! :angry2:

squirtcha?'s_son
07-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Wow thats got to be a nightmare of a day . my fathers boat sunk during a storm at roosevelt lake in arizona of course we had to get the boat out of the water and had to pull the spark plugs and flush the engine but we got it running about 3 days later. but glad ur ok good luck with getting it dialed in the next time.

WUTWZAT
07-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Any damage to the hull?
Was this the one with the fresh gel I saw a while back waiting to be rigged, to bad, I loved the sparkles. Besides it looked good behind your truck.
It'll be ready for c3b right?
Jason

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Did you do a backflip? Damn that sucks bro. I feel your pain. I have been struggling all weekend on my boat.

sanger rat
07-04-2005, 06:52 PM
That sucks. Glad you've alright and the boat didn't go to the bottom. What do you have for flotation?

WUTWZAT
07-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Well Shawn looks like you got a chance to test that LIFELINE out. Glad nobody got hurt, was that your GPS or Tims?
Jason

FOURQ
07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
yes there was some damage to the hull as it went over backwards but not to much. that carbon/kevlar layup is alot stronger then glass.. jason its was our gps.. the flotation was those blow up bag things.....thinking we might scrap this hull and go for another new one just to be on the safe side but not shure yet so CBBB might not happen with the boat.. time will tell ...pops said it was still wet as it went over so she might have alot more in her when she runs again...
Q

moneysucker
07-04-2005, 10:08 PM
First, Glad to hear everyone is alright. Second, What are you retarded? you should have never had that boat out there. Good place to test. Geez, Boy, you just aint right.
Cy

Squirtin Thunder
07-05-2005, 09:41 AM
How big is this boat Shawn ???
Why was Tim out here for the inaugural running ???

dmontzsta
07-05-2005, 10:00 AM
I think Shawn loves the Ocean and Tim loves the river. :cool:

Captain no fun
07-05-2005, 11:06 AM
I sank my Hondo Tee deck from a stearn wash. Right to the bottom I tied it off to a tree and dove later that night. Got it back.. A year later, I got hit by another boat. Sunk again, heavy hull damage, it took me two years to rebuild, but no one got hurt. Worse yet, it was a buddy that hit me, so I couldn't really get mad, he was a new owner. I'm plagued with mechanical demons ( Valve to pistons, Thrust bearings) Good luck. Condolences.

Squirtin Thunder
07-05-2005, 11:23 AM
I think Shawn loves the Ocean and Tim loves the river. :cool:
Hell even Merc uses Lake X for testing !!!! :D

moneysucker
07-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Obviously ST, it was too small to go that fast in the ocean. Tim and Shaun do seperate test runs Like me and my brother. He was out there with his dad, why would he need futs?

Squirtin Thunder
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Obviously ST, it was too small to go that fast in the ocean. Tim and Shaun do seperate test runs Like me and my brother. He was out there with his dad, why would he need futs?
I thought they worked together on things like that !!!

FOURQ
07-05-2005, 01:28 PM
its big enough for the ocean ... tim had his trip planned already and my boat wasnt supposed to be done but i got her finished up late thursday night so i called up pops and told him i would meet him at the island for some test and tune then we would go diving.. well and you know i had an accident so we decided to go diving on sunday and forget about it for a few hours then leave early mon morning for the treck home.. thank god his boat had twin screws to make the trip home faster...we made it home in good time only 3 1/2 hours to go 26 miles.
Q

fleetimus
07-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Man, reading your post gave me the heebie jeebies. Glad you are OK!!!! It definitely sucks sinking our boats!!! Now get er back together.

abraman1326
07-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Damn sorry to hear about your mishap. Glad you are ok, prob a little sore huh? Now, get that thing ready, and back on the water, summer won't last forever...
BRA

Squirtin Thunder
07-05-2005, 02:33 PM
its big enough for the ocean ... tim had his trip planned already and my boat wasnt supposed to be done but i got her finished up late thursday night so i called up pops and told him i would meet him at the island for some test and tune then we would go diving.. well and you know i had an accident so we decided to go diving on sunday and forget about it for a few hours then leave early mon morning for the treck home.. thank god his boat had twin screws to make the trip home faster...we made it home in good time only 3 1/2 hours to go 26 miles.
Q
Dammit Shawn !!!
You are a lucky shit aren't you ??? :D

FOURQ
07-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Dammit Shawn !!!
You are a lucky shit aren't you ??? :D
umm how do you figure that?????
found out today that the brand new hull is junk so its time for another new one :hammer2: :hammer2: :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea
Q

FOURQ
07-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Damn sorry to hear about your mishap. Glad you are ok, prob a little sore huh? Now, get that thing ready, and back on the water, summer won't last forever...
BRA
a LITTLE sore isnt the word
Q

Squirtin Thunder
07-05-2005, 04:32 PM
found out today that the brand new hull is junk so its time for another new one :hammer2: :hammer2: :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea
Q
Your still talkin !!!

FOURQ
07-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Your still talkin !!!there were no short cuts when it comes to safety

Squirtin Thunder
07-05-2005, 05:20 PM
there were no short cuts when it comes to safety
How is your ass ??? I bet a bit bruised !!!

FOURQ
07-05-2005, 05:34 PM
How is your ass ??? I bet a bit bruised !!!
my ass is fine but my sholder and arm are killin me

Nucking futs
07-05-2005, 06:03 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

cyclone
07-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Q
which new hull flipped over? glad to hear you are ok man.

Bottle Fed
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
What are the details on the type of boat you have? I have a hard time imagining a 18 or 19 foot river hotrod making it to Catalina.

FOURQ
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
which new hull flipped over? glad to hear you are ok man.
my new one that i just built

FOURQ
07-05-2005, 06:54 PM
I have a hard time imagining a 18 or 19 foot river hotrod making it to Catalina.
ya as do i. its a deep V R&D hull first one built

Bottle Fed
07-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Sorry to here your miss fortune. Hope you feel better quikly and a speedy recovery to the water for you. A hydro went down in a deep hole just in front of the inlet to martinez this weekend. It will not be easy to retrieve that one. the water is real swift and multidirectional. Glad you got yours back.