PDA

View Full Version : Check your hitch pins ....

Keithb87
07-04-2005, 09:50 PM
or this could happen to you.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1217s_the_truck1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1217s_the_truck2.jpg

Brooski
07-04-2005, 09:52 PM
I dont see the hitch receiver in the pic. Looks like the trailer came off the ball. Must of had those invisible safety chains too. :mad:

Keithb87
07-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Newbie Mike and I took the boats out for the weekend. He was ahead of me. As I came around a corner I saw a reciever in the road and said " Man... Somebody is having a bad day." Then I rounded the corner and saw this...
His hitch pin was one of the Master lock type ones with the "Self Locking" togle on the end.
And the safety chain did keep it from going over the edge.
From where I saw the reciever in the road. If the safety chains were not there the boat and trailer would of ended up 100 feet down in the canyon. :cry:

cave
07-04-2005, 09:59 PM
I see those in glamis too. :D Seriously that sucks. I had my hitch bump off but the chains saved it. Freaking construction on Pima on the way to Bartlett.

Keithb87
07-04-2005, 10:00 PM
This was on HWY 88 to Apache Lake.
BTW Here is a pic the next morning. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1217condor1.jpg
It's grainy, but it is the same boat.

cave
07-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Apache is awesome. I dont like the road through Fish Creek. At least not with the boat in tow.

Brooski
07-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Glad to know that the outcome could have been worse and wasnt. Also good to see it was on the water the next day. Little or no damage when something like that happens is a good thing. My receiver pin is one of those with the round key that you have to push in to lock. Hope it always holds.....

Some Kind Of Monster
07-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Heh, This happened to me once. There is a nice fuggin dent in my tailgate where the tongue decided to collide with my truck. Safety chains kept the boat on the road.. This all happened right in front of two cops at 70mph who didn't care in the least. Always lock that sucker down too. Whats up Keith. How ya been?

Keithb87
07-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Been doing ok... That is Mikey's new boat. I was pulling the Beismier. How's your boat comming?

460 jus getn it
07-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Been doing ok... That is Mikey's new boat. I was pulling the Beismier. How's your boat comming?
so when do us local boys get a invite to hang with you guys???????? keith is the boat running good????????

Keithb87
07-05-2005, 03:26 PM
so when do us local boys get a invite to hang with you guys???????? keith is the boat running good????????
I have no problem with any one that wants to hang with us. Next time Newbie Mike decides to go th the lake I'll try to let y'all know.
Both boats that we took this weekend were his. The Beismier and his new Condor both ran great.
My boat is still "in the works" I can't seem to get my Bro motivated. I may just have to go get it and finish it my self. :) There is a lot of work there though.

460 jus getn it
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I have no problem with any one that wants to hang with us. Next time Newbie Mike decides to go th the lake I'll try to let y'all know.
Both boats that we took this weekend were his. The Beismier and his new Condor both ran great.
My boat is still "in the works" I can't seem to get my Bro motivated. I may just have to go get it and finish it my self. :) There is a lot of work there though.
just say the word. im ready to got havent been out in a couple of weeks........

Some Kind Of Monster
07-06-2005, 08:46 AM
I think I just secured a deal for a new motor for the SOB. I'm going to check it out this week. Damn boats I swear. The old motor had oiling issues and I'm sick of Fing with it. Gonna get the new motor and start to rebuild the old one again. The boat has so much work into it that it should fly with or without a motor. All is done, It just needs a power plant that works! Hows the gray, orange, black, (green) boat coming? Is that 454 still rotting in the heat? I thought you were going to take that thing and finish it long ago. I've got some extra benjamins and a home for it if you decide not to use it. You've still got an extra hand if you ever need it.
As for the boat on the side of the road... I would ask but I won't!