PDA

View Full Version : Hey Oldbuck

esabataj
07-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Did ya catch any fish over the weekend or just die of heatstroke??
My A** is about wore out from the heat all weekend. Deb and I hooked the horse trailer up behind the motorhome and went to the Hill Country state natural area for three and a half days. Burned 40 gals of gas through the generator trying to stay half way cool during the heat of the day. Considering we put almost 90 hours on the generator I guess just under a half gal an hour isn't too bad. We had a great time and did alot of early morning and late evening riding.
What kind of trouble did you and Carol get into?

oldbuck40
07-05-2005, 06:55 AM
i didnt catch a thing! i think all the fish had a heat stroke,man it was hot. i did stay at the lake saturday thru monday night and got some much needed rest! tpw had a field day in front of our lakehouse on the 4th,there were 15-20 jetskies within 50 ft of our docks and boats, i guess someone call the game warden ??? but it wasnt long and he had em cleared out. other than being water logged from staying chin deep in the lake everything went well. also got to take the grandson out to the lake early monday morning by myself and went for a long ride in the chriss craft,needless to say thats all he talked about the rest of the day.

esabataj
07-05-2005, 06:59 AM
i didnt catch a thing! i think all the fish had a heat stroke,man it was hot. i did stay at the lake saturday thru monday night and got some much needed rest! tpw had a field day in front of our lakehouse on the 4th,there were 15-20 jetskies within 50 ft of our docks and boats, i guess someone call the game warden ??? but it wasnt long and he had em cleared out. other than being water logged from staying chin deep in the lake everything went well. also got to take the grandson out to the lake early monday morning by myself and went for a long ride in the chriss craft,needless to say thats all he talked about the rest of the day.
Sounds like other than the heat you had a great time. Glad to hear it. You nedded to rest up for the 15th anyway. Do you think the Game Warden is going to give us crap that weekend? Did you ever figure out who all is coming?

oldbuck40
07-05-2005, 07:05 AM
Sounds like other than the heat you had a great time. Glad to hear it. You nedded to rest up for the 15th anyway. Do you think the Game Warden is going to give us crap that weekend? Did you ever figure out who all is coming?i dought they will give us any problem, i rode right past 2 of them on jetskies a week ago and they never even looked back,as long as we drive and act right there shouldnt be any problems! mufflers a must though, its still in the city limits. and still no word from the somerville bunch yet,,how bout it guys you coming???

esabataj
07-05-2005, 07:30 AM
i dought they will give us any problem, i rode right past 2 of them on jetskies a week ago and they never even looked back,as long as we drive and act right there shouldnt be any problems! mufflers a must though, its still in the city limits. and still no word from the somerville bunch yet,,how bout it guys you coming???
Does a wild bear do it in the woods :D
Can a one legged man win a butt kicking contest :D
Just 9 More days. What time on Friday are you going to pull in? Deb and I are going to try to get out of here before lunch time heading that way.

oldbuck40
07-05-2005, 07:40 AM
you should be here between 4-6 then depending on when you leave! i will be there probably around noon on friday,which reminds me i need to go out on 35 and see what exit # you need to get off on. its bad when you live here all your life and you still dont know stuff like that!

Devilman
07-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Wish we could do it... :hammer2: I'm tapped out on vacation time and my wallet has an echo!!! Sure sounds like a fine time. Our next out of town boat trip will prolly be Somerville(in like a month :mad: ), take the camper this time & do a weekend.

oldbuck40
07-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Wish we could do it... :hammer2: I'm tapped out on vacation time and my wallet has an echo!!! Sure sounds like a fine time. Our next out of town boat trip will prolly be Somerville(in like a month :mad: ), take the camper this time & do a weekend.well i cant help ya on the vacation time! but if ya made it up here we have a place to stay at no cost to ya,,and good cold A/C!!!!

esabataj
07-05-2005, 08:28 AM
well i cant help ya on the vacation time! but if ya made it up here we have a place to stay at no cost to ya,,and good cold A/C!!!!
And I'm sure that between us we could come up with a few cold ones for ya.
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/alcoholic.gif
:D :D :D :D :D :D

oldbuck40
07-05-2005, 08:31 AM
damn i gotta go roll up the windows on my truck its fixing to storm!!!

taylormanss
07-05-2005, 08:31 AM
what lake are you guys gonna run and when? :hammerhea I need to get my centurion running right,I'm planning on adding a droop and a new set of headers in the near future.

oldbuck40
07-05-2005, 08:33 AM
what lake are you guys gonna run and when? :hammerhea I need to get my centurion running right,I'm planning on adding a droop and a new set of headers in the near future.just a little POND called Waxahachie Lake on the 15-17 of this month.

Greaser
07-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Man I sure wish I could make it, but its the sdame weekens as a wedding that I already RSVP'd for. Maybe I could skip the wedding, and just tell my cousin I was there. Do you think he will notice?

Greaser
07-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Wish we could do it... :hammer2: I'm tapped out on vacation time and my wallet has an echo!!! Sure sounds like a fine time. Our next out of town boat trip will prolly be Somerville(in like a month :mad: ), take the camper this time & do a weekend.
Hey, let me know when you plan on coming up, and where you are gonna be camping. I'll meet ya out there!! :cool:

Devilman
07-06-2005, 04:59 AM
Oldbuck, Esabataj, thanks for the offer!! I'm all screwed up on my days. The deal this month, we haven't a prayer in making that one. I didn't realize it wasn't the same thing in Aug. at kopperl. :hammerhea I need to call that # for Indian Lodge, see if they still have anything open. That weekend might ( and I stress "might"!) be doable. I'll try & check that out today.... :idea:
Greaser, sure thing!! When it looks like we may go that direction, I'll let ya know in advance... :)

oldbuck40
07-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Oldbuck, Esabataj, thanks for the offer!! I'm all screwed up on my days. The deal this month, we haven't a prayer in making that one. I didn't realize it wasn't the same thing in Aug. at kopperl. :hammerhea I need to call that # for Indian Lodge, see if they still have anything open. That weekend might ( and I stress "might"!) be doable. I'll try & check that out today.... :idea:
Greaser, sure thing!! When it looks like we may go that direction, I'll let ya know in advance... :)no problem Kenny! and yes you need to call indian lodge asap!!! if they dont have anything left but the smaller motel rooms get one, it has a bed, bath, and a coffee pot and i think a small fridge! you can come over to our room and we can cook breakfast and stuff there...

Devilman
07-06-2005, 06:30 AM
no problem Kenny! and yes you need to call indian lodge asap!!! if they dont have anything left but the smaller motel rooms get one, it has a bed, bath, and a coffee pot and i think a small fridge! you can come over to our room and we can cook breakfast and stuff there...
Sounds like a good deal! Bed, bath, & AC is all it takes. Better than takin 2 vehicles & dragging the camper. I'll certainly check it out... :cool:

kingjason
07-09-2005, 02:52 AM
You know I keep hearing about waxahachie lake but have yet to go there. I usually end up at Joe Pool. I guess I am going to have to pull the beast down there someday since I am in Lancaster. They got any lots left to build on the lake I have been looking at Cedar Creek but would like to be closer to Dallas.
Jason

oldbuck40
07-11-2005, 05:24 AM
You know I keep hearing about waxahachie lake but have yet to go there. I usually end up at Joe Pool. I guess I am going to have to pull the beast down there someday since I am in Lancaster. They got any lots left to build on the lake I have been looking at Cedar Creek but would like to be closer to Dallas.
Jasontalking about lake lots i guess that would depend on how deep your pockets are! you live in lancaster then you should know who Dale Hansen is on the TV! he lives on the south side of the lake.... yea deep pockets if ya want to live in that neighborhood....

kingjason
07-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Funny you mention that I wondered were he lived. My traffic guy wrote him a ticket one day and he complained about it all day on the radio. Not that he didnt deserve it but that he didnt understand the whole workers present in a work zone thing. It was pretty funny.
<----- no deep pockets here

oldbuck40
07-13-2005, 08:21 AM
Funny you mention that I wondered were he lived. My traffic guy wrote him a ticket one day and he complained about it all day on the radio. Not that he didnt deserve it but that he didnt understand the whole workers present in a work zone thing. It was pretty funny.
<----- no deep pockets hereyea some people just dont get it!!! hey if your in the neighborhood saturday you should bring the boat and come on down to waxahachie lake and pay me and esabataj a visit. bring your mufflers if your running o/t headers though. im running a 73 sj taylor jet boat,mostly black with some orange and yellow stripes and esabataj will have his tx-19/yellow with red stripes,,look us up! we'll probably be the only jet's on the lake...