PDA

View Full Version : Talk about pigs!

HCS
07-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Look what the parting rafters left behind on the American river up here.
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0705/4684240.jpg
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0705/4684274.jpg
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0705/4684246.jpg
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0705/4684197.jpg
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0705/4684193.jpg
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0705/4684157.jpg
Absolutly no respect! That is a beautiful river when not poluted with trash.
These people don't know the meaning of pack it in pack it out.

Jinga
07-05-2005, 12:15 PM
OMG!!!
THAT'S NASTY! :eek:

Mrs.Racer277
07-05-2005, 12:15 PM
That is soooooo wrong! :( :mad:

Mandelon
07-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Hypocrites!
Of course maybe those weren't tree hugging nature loving kayakers. Maybe they were beer swilling dirtbag polluter type kayakers....

HCS
07-05-2005, 12:17 PM
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/4683091/detail.html

BigDogIvan
07-05-2005, 12:18 PM
SO Sad!!!! And these will be the first folks to piss up a strom when the authorties close it to the public or charge up the arss for entry.
BD

HCS
07-05-2005, 12:19 PM
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/index.html#

HCS
07-05-2005, 12:20 PM
SO Sad!!!! And these will be the first folks to piss up a strom when the authorties close it to the public or charge up the arss for entry.
BD
Exactly. They'll shut it down next 4th of July and they'll all cry foul. :mad:

Water Romper
07-05-2005, 12:22 PM
This is just WRONG!!
What would happen if you videoed them littering, and then turned it in to the local law… would the police do anything? What about those signs that says “$1,000 fine for littering”
I would be the first to rat these pigs out in a heartbeat!!!!!
Hey wait, aren’t these the human trash that were at Havasu over Memorial??? :boxingguy

piper
07-05-2005, 12:23 PM
what a bunch of pigs.

CandyA$$
07-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Damn what is going on with the peeps of today.
Pack it in pack it out, all the way

Water Romper
07-05-2005, 12:29 PM
This river is beautiful, it has a different “flair” than Parker or Needles…not bashing the two but the American has that “High Sierra” feeling…how disappointing our human race can be. :cry:

CandyA$$
07-05-2005, 12:31 PM
This river is beautiful, it has a different “flair” than Parker or Needles…not bashing the two but the American has that “High Sierra” feeling…how disappointing our human race can be. :cry:
right with you there

Sherpa
07-05-2005, 01:28 PM
gotta understand, these types aren't exactly the "tree-hugger" types, but
more the "I don't give a f_ck college student-aged idots"......................
calling it like I've seen it........ same crap happens up here in Chico during
holiday weekends........... last weekend the sherriff's had 2 jet boats running,
with 4 guys, and 4 PWC's running with 1 sherriff operator..........
no problems, no drownings, no arrrests............ not exactly sure how much
trash was left behind though.......
--Sherpa
not condoning, just explaining..............

HCS
07-05-2005, 01:49 PM
gotta understand, these types aren't exactly the "tree-hugger" types, but
more the "I don't give a f_ck college student-aged idots"......................
calling it like I've seen it........ same crap happens up here in Chico during
holiday weekends........... last weekend the sherriff's had 2 jet boats running,
with 4 guys, and 4 PWC's running with 1 sherriff operator..........
no problems, no drownings, no arrrests............ not exactly sure how much
trash was left behind though.......
--Sherpa
not condoning, just explaining..............
I use to raft that river in high school when I didn't have a boat, we never left crap behind.
I think it has alot to do with a generation and a attitude problem.
Younger kids and some people just don't give a shit.
Just who the hell do they think gonna clean up the American river park way?
They where talking about having the fire dept. do it. Like they have nothing better to do.

CandyA$$
07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Maybe they need to make it mandatory to initate into boating is to clean the river beach sides.
LOL this will teach them?

HM
07-05-2005, 01:59 PM
a couple of weekends ago, I was at Elsinore and there was quite a bit of trash if front of several boats...most of which was beer cans. And, the f'n trash can was only a couple feet away. I was with my kids, so I did not want to start a confrontation, but I did pull out my camera and start taking pictures of the trash...then I made it obvious I was taking pictures of CF/AZ #'s. A couple people saw me and quickly picked up the trash and even came over to me and made a few excuses for their drunk friends.

Her454
07-05-2005, 02:00 PM
I drove over that crap this morning and it was sad..............why cant people pick up their garbage.!! :cry:

oldbuck40
07-05-2005, 02:02 PM
you guys that dont have kids or are just starting a family should copy these pictures,and when they get old enough start pounding it in their head! start em young and make em proud,make em hate this kinda stuff and the people that do it!

Rexone
07-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Every 4th of July people camp out in our parking lot to watch the fireworks at the fairgrounds. Last night no exception. Trash everywhere afterwards. Losers can't seem to pickup their shit or even walk less than 30 feet to the trash can by the door. :mad:
july 4, 06. spike strips. :smile:

Dave C
07-05-2005, 02:49 PM
cuz they are a bunch of pigs... :frown:
I use to raft that river in high school when I didn't have a boat, we never left crap behind.
They where talking about having the fire dept. do it. Like they have nothing better to do.

Krazy K
07-05-2005, 04:28 PM
I don't know if anyone saw the overflowing trash cans or not but they sure didn't have alot of room to throw things in. Granted, they definately should have packed it out if there was no room to toss it. Maybe next year they'll get dumpsters out there.

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 04:30 PM
damn...thats just pitiful.... :burningm:

Kindsvater Flat
07-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Same thing when the kids from Chico State tube the Sac River from Irvine Finch to Scotty's. This year no alcohol will be allowed near the launch area.

shueman
07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Just a shame....what an F'n mess... :2purples:
Just SHUT IT DOWN if the public can't respect the river.... :220v:

HammerDown
07-06-2005, 06:35 AM
I drove over that crap this morning and it was sad..............why cant people pick up their garbage.!! :cry:
T, I'm at a point in my life when I see someone litter because of laziness/ignorance I have a hard time controlling my anger :burningm: ... I could very well end up getting shot or something because how I go off on these a-holes...if I loose my temper on the wrong person.
Then again I get upset when I see smokers just toss their butts all over the place. :yuk:

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Oh my you are sooo right, anger is only a small part of it.
All this reminds me of the commercials of all the rubber duckies (in immitation of trash) in the water ways and how much there really is.
I think I heard something about a river cleanup a few years ago and have not heard about another one. Its a big event put on by some of the river places, hidden shores, fishers landing, ??

Water Romper
07-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Up in our local mountains we have streams and every year, after the summer months, the Rangers, Fish and Game and local Sierra Club-type groups have a BBQ and have a “Clean the River” day…it’s actually very fun however quite disgusting as well… :eek:
Aside from all the Budweiser cans and garbage, there is:
Dirty diapers, tampons, condoms, bloody wound dressings, syringes, razor blades, and the list goes on and on….all this along the banks of the small trout streams in the local San Gabriel Mountains. :(
Not sure if this program is done at the Colorado River, Havasu or Mojave but if they did…count me in. :cool:

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Up in our local mountains we have streams and every year, after the summer months, the Rangers, Fish and Game and local Sierra Club-type groups have a BBQ and have a “Clean the River” day…it’s actually very fun however quite disgusting as well… :eek:
Dirty diapers, tampons, condoms, bloody wound dressings, syringes, razor blades, and the list goes on and on….all this along the banks of the small trout streams in the local San Gabriel Mountains. :(
Not sure if this program is done at the Colorado River, Havasu or Mojave but if they did…count me in. :cool:
Eeew what the hell do those people think, gross

Water Romper
07-06-2005, 12:18 PM
I don’t think they “think” at all. I would bet their homes, cars, teeth and arm pits are just as filthy as the trash we see in these photos. As a matter of fact, I’ll bet they don’t see anything wrong with this at all…it “Business as Normal” for them… :2purples:
I used to get calls at homes of these "humans" (word chosen poorly) and the way they live was just amazing…ask Boat Cop….he’ll tell ya… :jawdrop:

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't know but I don't like to live or even be near that sh!t, so I find myself picking up trash that rolls or blows over our direction.

Water Romper
07-06-2005, 12:37 PM
You and me both...I'll bet most of the HB forum “players” are the same way…that’s why we play where we play: out doors, open clean air, so, what do we do….pick up ignorant people’s crap…and you can bet, ignorance breeds and their kids leave crap too…
:(

Her454
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
T, I'm at a point in my life when I see someone litter because of laziness/ignorance I have a hard time controlling my anger :burningm: ... I could very well end up getting shot or something because how I go off on these a-holes...if I loose my temper on the wrong person.
Then again I get upset when I see smokers just toss their butts all over the place. :yuk:
Im right there with ya Hammer - I usually carry garbage bags in my truck and a few in the boat. The last weekend I was out on the boat I saw a guy toss a Corona BOTTLE out of his boat right before they took off out of the 5 mile zone. I picked it up, followed them and pulled up to them while they were letting their buddy out to wakeboard and I handed it back to them and said "here, I think you forgot something". Should have seen the look on his face. Can you imagine hitting that in the water - boat, ski wakeboard, tube - it would do some damage. Stupid people.
AND smokers terrify me up where I live, 1 cigarette butt out the window and its devastating.

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 12:45 PM
There you go, bring it back to them and wooh they get it acknowledge, 'WE don't take that Sh!t in our rivers'

Water Romper
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM
THAT WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!! :D :D :D
Imagine the look on these a$$hol$ face if you dumped their trash in their boat, car, truck…PRICELESS!!!!
454 has the right idea….

Her454
07-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Imagine the look on these a$$hol$ face if you dumped their trash in their boat, car, truck…PRICELESS!!!!
454 has the right idea….
LOL, he didnt like it but he didnt say much. I think he was more embarassed than anything.

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 01:04 PM
454 has the right idea….
Pricelss is right. Someone would need to sit and waite to take that picture. So it can be posted.

shueman
07-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Havasu has one....they just did a 4th cleanup this week, and will have one after Labor Day.
One of the best is "reverse the river" in late Sep, early Oct, a 2-day run from Yuma to Blythe and back, cleaning up along the way. About a 150 mile round trip.

Water Romper
07-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the tip…I’m there!!!! :D
Would you know who, or what web site, I can contact to get my name on the list? :idea:

Dave C
07-06-2005, 01:57 PM
tell me about it.... doncha just hate it when you have to make a run for it....
those people should be strung up..... fawkers. :yuk:
AND smokers terrify me up where I live, 1 cigarette butt out the window and its devastating.

Her454
07-06-2005, 02:04 PM
tell me about it.... doncha just hate it when you have to make a run for it....
those people should be strung up..... fawkers. :yuk:
yes I do as a matter of fact.... and it wasn't too fun trying to stuff all my possessions in my boat to evacuate................

Dave C
07-06-2005, 02:37 PM
our neighbor up in dem dar hills has the mad dash down to a science.... he has a trailer and some stuff ready to throw in the back of the truck at a moments notice.
us flatlanders were sitting on the porch wondering what heck was going on... lucky for us he clued us in before it was too late. Way to ruin perfectly good drinking time!!
do you think there should be a bounty for these fawkers?

Her454
07-06-2005, 02:41 PM
our neighbor up in dem dar hills has the mad dash down to a science.... he has a trailer and some stuff ready to throw in the back of the truck at a moments notice.
us flatlanders were sitting on the porch wondering what heck was going on... lucky for us he clued us in before it was too late. Way to ruin perfectly good drinking time!!
do you think there should be a bounty for these fawkers?
LOL.... You learn after awhile what to grab in a hurry thats for sure. As far as a bounty, if its Arson, YES. But in the case last year for us, it happened to be a 60+ year old man and his wife that had stopped in their Motorhome on Camanche parkway due to engine problems and it caught the grass on fire. He was on the news very emotional, clearly sorry and apologizing for all the damage and all the homes lost.......I truly felt sorry for him. My sister and I were just talkiing about it this weekend and wondering if he was ever charged for it.

Dave C
07-06-2005, 02:46 PM
that musta been some engine trouble.....
If my car ever caused it, I swear I would piss, stomp, kick, scratch, etc, that f-ing thing out before it spread out of control.
I could not take the guilt of someone losing their double wide on my account. ;)

Her454
07-06-2005, 02:48 PM
I could not take the guilt of someone losing their double wide on my account. ;)
LMAO......... :D

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Havasu has one....they just did a 4th cleanup this week, and will have one after Labor Day.
One of the best is "reverse the river" in late Sep, early Oct, a 2-day run from Yuma to Blythe and back, cleaning up along the way. About a 150 mile round trip.
Please do post the website or contact for this run, I am sure there are plenty of us that would be willing to go.