PDA

View Full Version : Paging Wes at Trident Custom Boats!!!

ROZ
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Make sure you give us the full report at the end of the day !!!!! :cool:

rivercrazy
07-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Tridizzle Custom Bizzle. GetErDone!

HighRoller
07-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Fo Shizzle. We want to know what the deal is on the water testing. Although, I'm thinking we ain't gonna learn squat until later with Wes' paranoia. Hell, I bet he had a SEAL team cordoning off the shoreline to discourage looky loos.....

Jbb
07-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Fo Shizzle. We want to know what the deal is on the water testing. Although, I'm thinking we ain't gonna learn squat until later with Wes' paranoia. Hell, I bet he had a SEAL team cordoning off the shoreline to discourage looky loos.....
His test procedures are patented...no splashing allowed..... :D :D :D

HighRoller
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
You're not even allowed to TALK about his test procedures or the procedures that protect his test procedures. If you talk about him suing you for copyright infringement, he'll sue you for copyright infringement infringement!....Guy is brutal. :D

Infomaniac
07-05-2005, 05:49 PM
I heard there was a minor set back but the WHEEL is in motion and they are on the FLY for water testing today as planned.

Jbb
07-05-2005, 05:54 PM
loose flywheel.....oh my!!!! :cry:

Infomaniac
07-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Nope the flywheel is fine.

HighRoller
07-05-2005, 06:25 PM
The wheels fell off the trailer? The steering wheel fell off? You're killing us here with these hints...SPILL IT!

Mrs.Racer277
07-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Nope the flywheel is fine.
Ok I can take it anymore spill the beans Ron. :wink:

Infomaniac
07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Guys LOL and Dia.
They are working like crazy to get to the water. That was just an inside joke for Wes when he finally reads this.
Everything is OK with the boat. It will be a marvelous success.
You can imagine how much work and effort has gone into this project. It is nothing short of first class in every aspect.

Mrs.Racer277
07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Guys LOL and Dia.
They are working like crazy to get to the water. That was just an inside joke for Wes when he finally reads this.
Everything is OK with the boat. It will be a marvelous success.
You can imagine how much work and effort has gone into this project. It is nothing short of first class in every aspect.
Thanks Hun! We can't wait. :D :D

Norseman
07-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Wes;
Any updates for us???????
Bob

Froggystyle
07-05-2005, 08:59 PM
It turns out that the starter works as a system. You need a bunch of different components to make it all work just right. You need a switch, a solonoid, starter motor and... oh yeah... a flywheel. Turns out that when we were mocking up the motor for the bracketry and just left the damn flywheel off. That is the problem with the end game of projects... we have shit everywhere in the shop and you don't notice stuff like flywheels.
That, believe it or not was not the hangup though. A quick lift of the back, pull the cover and u-joints and we were back in business. The hangup was a broken fuel pump.
New fuel pump is going in right now. We will be on the water in San Diego bay tomorrow off Coronado at 8:00 in the morning if anyone is local and wants to check it out. Probably will spend the morning out there if anyone is interested.
PM me if you want my cell.

Phat Matt
07-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Good luck Wes!
Oh and, I got my amps. ;)

cyclone
07-05-2005, 09:08 PM
you're putting her in saltwater?. isn't El Cap or San Vicente open? :D

XtrmWakeborder
07-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Take video! I want to see this in Parker asap!

Froggystyle
07-05-2005, 11:36 PM
you're putting her in saltwater?. isn't El Cap or San Vicente open? :D
As esoteric as this sounds, the last job I had was as a SEAL, and we worked out of Glorietta Bay all the time. I was really into boats even then, and committed a large amount of my life to getting really good in the water right there off of that dock. It is less than a 1/4 mile from SEAL Team One, and odds are really good I will see a bunch of my teammates there. It would be cool to share the launch with that community.
I think there is a certain poetic appeal to me to launch the boat there first.
That being said, we built the boat for saltwater. One of my first sea trials is to hit Catalina with it from San Diego and back on one tank of gas. Not done very regularly in a jetboat or deckboat. I am looking to see what kind of manners this has in real seas, and the transit from here to there is rough. Maybe swing by San Clemente for old times sake.
This water test is bringing a certain amount of closure to the development period. As such, we will be significantly more forthcoming with our ideas and methods as we will not only have the IP protection to keep our ideas ours, but the first use of the technology, ideas and methods that we are building our company on. That is a nearly inassailable position from an IP protection standpoint. Protection and prior use are nearly impossible to beat.
Now comes the fun stuff. Back to the river, back to my normal life and start building kick ass boats for people who are looking for the best. Those are my favorite kinds of clients, and this boat attracts them.
Back to the salt mines. I still have a lot of work to do tonight. I left at 4:30 yesterday morning... tonight will not be very far behind. I figured I worked in excess of 80 hours the holiday weekend. After today it will be another 18-20 for close to 100 hours in five days. If the end wasn't so close I would have stopped already and just gotten the thing out there...
Hope to see some folks tomorrow. Flag me down if you want a closer look.
Wes

Just Tool'n
07-06-2005, 05:55 AM
Wes, keep the finger on the pulse, and remember Rome was not built in a day.
All good things come to those who wait.

rivercrazy
07-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Your going to run a open front deckboat in the open ocean? Please be careful....

Froggystyle
07-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Your going to run a open front deckboat in the open ocean? Please be careful....
I have done that run about 50 times with a 14 foot long inflatable Zodiak with 7 guys on board with guns. I think it will be fine... ;)
Sentiment appreciated though. It took the rollers today at the mouth of the bay like nothing.

stoker
07-06-2005, 03:26 PM
My cousin used to do it in a 12' Valco. He would troll for marlin on the way. I told him he was crazy, he would look at me and say why? it has floatation. :confused:

MagicMtnDan
07-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Great news Wes! Congrats to you and your team on your success to date. I'm looking forward to hearing more good news on your sea trials.