PDA

View Full Version : Boating at June Lake...

H2on22
07-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, anyone been to June Lake recently? I heard that Grant Lake is the one to go boating in, but does anyone know if there is a size limit? I have 26' Kachina and I'm sure it's cool but can I launch safely? Appreciate any help.

bordsmnj
07-05-2005, 07:18 PM
lol,you know how big grant lake is??? maybe silver lake would be better. otherside in the june loop.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Grant is the only one you can water ski on. Your boat is pretty big for it though, unless you want to just fish. There are severe restrictions on June and Gull that you should look into before trying to launch there. Call the marinas and ask what they are. They will answer all of your questions, I'm sure. Don't know about the launches. Sorry. Where are you staying? Lots of good times to be had up there. Bring your OFF!

shueman
07-05-2005, 08:20 PM
A 26' Kachina would def. be "out of place" up there.... :D
I had my 18' bubbledeck on Grant before....it's a treeless rock-pit....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Yes, it would be out of place, but that doesn't mean it's not do-able. You're just going to have to call, H2on22.
Here's the deal, Gull lake and June are separated by an isthmus. June is about twice the size of Gull, but still pretty small, but they did allow skiing on it about 20 years ago. Silver is next in size and about 3 miles from Gull. These lakes are all surrounded by trees and gorgeous. Then after another 4-5 miles you go around the hill and drive by Grant. The trees are gone and it's a totally different ecosystem. Watch out for rattlesnakes. But the lake is the biggest of the four.
I apologize if you already knew this info, but it's one of my favorite places to visit. We spend 2 weeks a summer there.

bordsmnj
07-05-2005, 08:46 PM
oops my bad i was thinking of gull lake. its tiny don't think you could get a 26 footer on plane there before runnin outa room.

shueman
07-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes, it would be out of place, but that doesn't mean it's not do-able. You're just going to have to call, H2on22.
I apologize if you already knew this info, but it's one of my favorite places to visit. We spend 2 weeks a summer there.
Ours as well....guys only fishing trips the last few years.. We'll be back there in late Sept, Boulder Lodge.