PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Truck Dies!!

rvrpig
07-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I was driving home last night from the fireworks...and I was rolling up the drivers and passengers windows (electric). And the headlights shut off, along with the dash lights. They then reset like normal. I get home and figure this is the time to test some things out and see what the problem is. I pull up on the switches (the windows are all ready up) and the lights dim...that is normal...but then the dam truck dies! The battery is fine 13 volts. And now I have Nothing.....put the key in and NOTHING. I go out side and check it and hour later and every thing is back to normal...WTF!! So I figure Kewl I dont have to take it to the dealer. Come back out side in the morning to leave and NOTHING AGAIN.....dam truck is dead...no electricity to anything....no clicks nothing...Battery is still fine....WTF....the kicker is th edealer cant get to it until monday. I guess Ill be drivinf the 76' with NO A/C!!

piper
07-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Well it's a short, but where is it is the question. Disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a minute or so. Maybe it's just something that needs resetting. Do you have an aftermarket alarm? Have you checked all your fuses?

randy77zt
07-06-2005, 12:11 AM
i used to be a dealer tech for ford.but they all do the same things.i used to find loose grounds and paint under ground screws. iwould run the vin for service messages the gte the wire diagram book and grind the piant from under the harness grounds and reinstall the grounds.there are grounds screwed into the body behind the little kick panels on the sides of the cab .and the battery to body ground.if you take your time and grab onto the wiring and wiggle it you might find something.

rvrpig
07-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the help guys.