PDA

View Full Version : There are good peeps out there!!!

party fever
07-05-2005, 09:52 PM
A few years ago i started a 4th of july tradition that has left me in aww this year. We the Party fevers have always given in some way to are local community via donations to childrens homes @ xmas or feeding the homeless @thanksgiving. We have always thrown a benifit party to help raise the donation stakes, well this year it was over the top . Last year was the first year we did the 4th thing and had such a great response and raised $2500 for the make-a -wish foudation just by hosting a party so we decided to do it again.
To my amasment when we started to put the word out it all started then , first a call from a butcher from chino donated a 220 pound pig to feed everybody, my pool guy (wifie must be hangin naked again) donated 7 kegs to drink everybody with, a margarita machine was donated , a jump house for the kids was supplied, power plus donated a 60k generater to power the party, the dj would not accept any money , the band played for 1/2 price, a contractor buddy spent 3 full days with 5 of his helpers to get the yard beond ready, the porta-poty co. donated 3 toilets and a sink, we sapplied all the food , a full bar was set up with a 3$ donation per drink, all the water and soda were free as well as the food that we served , all of this happend with out a beg or pleed for help i cant thank these good people enough!!!
we would have normaly done all of the above on our own, but these people would not have it.
the outcome . on sat july 2nd we started @ 1 pm with people trickiling in by3:30 we had over 300 people in our back yard and @ 12 am when it was finaly shut down by riverside counties best we raised $5800 to donate to the loma linda childrens hospital pediatric cancer foundation i could not beleve it .
I hope this will inspire the great people that hang in the fourms to maybe put their resorcess to gether to help better the communitie they live in..
C-ya
party fever
:cool:

FMluvswater
07-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Wow. :cool: Thank-you for sharing such a great experience. :smile:

missboatnam1
07-05-2005, 10:40 PM
THATS GREAT!!! ...and its great to see you back!!

rivergoer
07-06-2005, 02:23 AM
thats some cool stuff. not alot of people do that.

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 06:38 AM
Wow congrats on that, amazing what people will do to help a good fund raiser.
Keep up the good work, it is needed.