PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant Death??

Big Warlock
07-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Does someone have any information on this? I was told this morning that there was a fatality when a boat ran over someone.
I was out of town but am intersted in getting details.
Thanks,
Rob

chrissy
07-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Does someone have any information on this? I was told this morning that there was a fatality when a boat ran over someone.
I was out of town but am intersted in getting details.
Thanks,
Rob
NO. The guy survived. He was swimming 300 yards from the shore, near dark when he got ran over. He technically was in the boat lanes....

Sane Asylum
07-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Rob..........
Dunno, didn't hear about it.......Until now......But let me think for a minute......
1) Fourth of July
2) About 600 boats gathered in a small area just west of the marina
3) Almost dark
4) All boats above with enough alcohol aboard to power the space shuttle
I think I'll take a swim.............
At the risk of being mean spirited.......This falls in the category of "Bad case of dumbass"
It was nuts out there.........Anyone in there right mind wouldn't have even considered it.....

Jordy
07-06-2005, 08:43 AM
The Space Shuttle runs on alcohol??? :D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-06-2005, 08:53 AM
That and jelly donuts. :D

Sane Asylum
07-06-2005, 09:06 AM
And methane............
Quit trying to make light when I'm trying to biatch.......

chrissy
07-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Rob..........
Dunno, didn't hear about it.......Until now......But let me think for a minute......
1) Fourth of July
2) About 600 boats gathered in a small area just west of the marina
3) Almost dark
4) All boats above with enough alcohol aboard to power the space shuttle
I think I'll take a swim.............
At the risk of being mean spirited.......This falls in the category of "Bad case of dumbass"
It was nuts out there.........Anyone in there right mind wouldn't have even considered it..... For the record the guy who ran him over was not impaired, he was sober. :cool: He was distracted by a boat he thought had a skier(and they were waving and yelling at him) These people don't know it but they're actions actully sent him right over the guy.

Sane Asylum
07-06-2005, 09:22 AM
For the record the guy who ran him over was not impaired, he was sober. :cool: He was distracted by a boat he thought had a skier(and they were waving and yelling at him) These people don't know it but they're actions actully sent him right over the guy.
For the record.......Never said the driver was impaired.........I was talking about the swimmer.......IT PROBABLY WASN'T PRUDENT TO BE TAKING A SWIM IN THAT AREA.......That's all I'm trying to say....I'm done, no big deal....
I was there, in a slip the whole weekend from Sat. to Monday. Had a great view of everything that was going on.

KACHINA KEN
07-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Darwin in action folks, thats all.

Jordy
07-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Quit trying to make light when I'm trying to biatch.......
But that's what I get paid for around here... ;)

chrissy
07-06-2005, 09:43 AM
For the record.......Never said the driver was impaired.........I was talking about the swimmer.......IT PROBABLY WASN'T PRUDENT TO BE TAKING A SWIM IN THAT AREA.......That's all I'm trying to say....I'm done, no big deal....
I was there, in a slip the whole weekend from Sat. to Monday. Had a great view of everything that was going on.
Don't get upset SA,I know what you were saying. Nobody knows yet if the swimmer was drunk but I bet my money he was too.

Jordy
07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Nobody knows yet if the swimmer was drunk but I bet my money he was too.
Drunk and stupid, what a great combination. :D :D :D

Three Days Only
07-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Drunk and stupid, what a great combination. :D :D :D
Thats reminds me of some people I know!! LOL
Maybe even myself. Hey Jordy, feel like goin for a swim!

Jordy
07-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Thats reminds me of some people I know!! LOL
Maybe even myself. Hey Jordy, feel like goin for a swim!
Yeah, how about after dark, in open water on the way to a launch ramp. If you're going to be dumb, ya gotta be tough. ;)

Beer-30
07-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Darwin in action folks, thats all.
Amen.

Big Warlock
07-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Sounds like it. You know how we tend to get a bad rap out there. I was very curious to knowwhat happened this time around. The guy that told me thought he was killed. Lucky to be alive I guess.
Went to So Ca and made the Catalina run with another boat. All I can say is COLD!!!!!!! And Catalina on the fourth of July is alot like east LA??!! Whatever. Bring 300 feet of anchor rope because she is really deep out there!!
Thanks for the info.
Rob
Where you going this weekend Tim?

Sane Asylum
07-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Sounds like it. You know how we tend to get a bad rap out there. I was very curious to knowwhat happened this time around. The guy that told me thought he was killed. Lucky to be alive I guess.
Went to So Ca and made the Catalina run with another boat. All I can say is COLD!!!!!!! And Catalina on the fourth of July is alot like east LA??!! Whatever. Bring 300 feet of anchor rope because she is really deep out there!!
Thanks for the info.
Rob
Where you going this weekend Tim?
I'm interested in your Catalina trip!!!! Are you saying it was cold outside??
When we went over we just moored in Avalon harbor on their anchor.....Where did you guys anchor?
I think we're staying put this weekend. Got a two day pass to play a little golf......Last weekend almost wore me out....We were there for three days......
I think we may be at Canyon weekend after next.....I'll PM you.

Magic34
07-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Last weekend almost wore me out....
I echo that. Pain in the a$$ for me.

BigDogIvan
07-07-2005, 12:07 PM
I think we may be at Canyon weekend after next.....I'll PM you.
Are you talking the weekend of the 16th-17th??
BD

Sane Asylum
07-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Are you talking the weekend of the 16th-17th??
BD
Big Dog....
That's it!! My wife's out on a girls trip to Texas. Just me and my two boys.....Probably be out sometime Sat. afternoon and spend the night at the marina...........
Let me know if you'll be up there.....