PDA

View Full Version : Computer question.....

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 08:16 AM
How do you remove a pop-up blocker.....or add something to the list such as AIM to allowable pop-ups???? I am running Ad-Ware spy software....is it on there?

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 08:26 AM
The following is what pops up.......I tried to locate the pop-up software on my computer....
You have successfully logged into Aim Express. However, we are unable to launch your Buddy List because you have Popup blocking enabled. Please disable the Popup blocker or add the http://aimexpress.aim.com domain to the allowed white list.
Please refer to your Popup blocker software for more information.

Redneck
07-06-2005, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=barbigrl]How do you remove a pop-up blocker.....
you got to unzip your pants then no pop up blocker

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Ad-aware 6.0 Adware-watch is not loaded. I searched that whole program and could not find anything about blockers.... :confused: I am not that familiar with that program though..

NOTALENT
07-06-2005, 08:34 AM
damn..u must be desperate to message me huh..... :wink: if u go to options it should have a way to add it to the list or allow it..

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 08:38 AM
damn..u must be desperate to message me huh..... :wink: if u go to options it should have a way to add it to the list or allow it..
Yep!! hahaa....I am rebelling against the system... My grandmother and Great-grandfather died last week and they were dicks about it.....so now I am pissed!!

NorCal Gameshow
07-06-2005, 08:45 AM
if you have I.E. and xp
look on the top of this page
select tools,popup blocker->settings-> allow aimexpress.aim.com

NOTALENT
07-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Yep!! hahaa....I am rebelling against the system... My grandmother and Great-grandfather died last week and they were dicks about it.....so now I am pissed!!
Im sorry to hear that...I think we need to party so u feel better.. :crossx:

Bense468
07-06-2005, 09:02 AM
if you have I.E. and xp
look on the top of this page
select tools,popup blocker->settings-> allow aimexpress.aim.com
If you are running service Pack 2 this is exactly your problem. Do whats listed above. If you click on tools in Internet explorer and don't see popup blocker then SP2 is not loaded and its a 3rd party blocker you somehow installed.
In short follow what NorCal said. Should take care of your problem.

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Ok I followed NorCal suggestion....there is no pop-up blocker selection. So I went to Microsofts windows website and went to help. Typed in pop-up etc..... it explained exactly what to do... Settings>control panel>Performance and Maintenance>Services> Messenger>disable..... DID NOT WORK!!! AHHHHH..
Any other suggestions? What is my third party pop-up??? I dont see anything like that on my system... :hammer2: ????

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 09:17 AM
What do you mean by + break?? I went to "set programs and access defaults" under start and it says Messenger is enabled...wtf? I messed with it...and still does not work..

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 09:26 AM
AHH HA!! I see.... it says Microsoft Windows XP, Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 1

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I have foreseen your next question. Windows XP SP2 can be obtained here:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
Ok so if I did this.....will my office manager freak out?? Will they know?

Jordy
07-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Ok so if I did this.....will my office manager freak out?? Will they know?
They'd probably freak out more if they knew about all the company time you waste on the internet boating boards. :D

NorCal Gameshow
07-06-2005, 09:38 AM
BB,it still could be a third party blocker, like norton or even your internet service provider software...

hotlavey
07-06-2005, 09:40 AM
How do you remove a pop-up blocker.....or add something to the list such as AIM to allowable pop-ups???? I am running Ad-Ware spy software....is it on there?
Call Justin @ 714-3450666. Computer guy and HB guy.

NorCal Gameshow
07-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Yes, it could, but let's get her computer into the year 2003 first. ;)
no doubt,first things first.... the I.T. dept must be asleep at the wheel:)

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Alright checked with a co-worker and she has sp 2......don't know why the hell I dont....is it going to take all day to upload!!
And Jordy F-ck em......they dont pay me enough to deal with their bull shit, so I dont care if I screw off half the day.... :rollside:

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 09:50 AM
It's a huge install. Depending on the speed of your connection, it might take awhile. Plus, the Windows Update deal checks your entire computer for missing updates, so it might make you install other updates first before SP2, then some updates after to get the computer fully up to speed.
Thanks Bob and everyone for all your help!! You guys rock.....I am going to mess with it....in between trying to work! :D :D

UltraStealth
07-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Also, try going to Start> Settings> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services and see if you have that service running. If so, you can highlight the service, right click and stop the service.

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Also, try going to Start> Settings> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services and see if you have that service running. If so, you can highlight the service, right click and stop the service.
Thanks...i tried it..and it did not work

hotlavey
07-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Call Justin- 714-3450666

Unforgiven
07-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey Barb......call my cell tonight...

barbigrl
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Barb......call my cell tonight...
U got it :D

hotlavey
07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah, call him, we're obviously too stupid to help.
You said it, I didn't.