PDA

View Full Version : Poor guy from Big River

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Saw this Sunday afternoon. Think the guy is from Big River. Maybe on the boards? I heard someone cut him off. What a way to ruin your weekend........... :confused:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2714boatrock2a.jpg
Brought this over from just jets. Thought maybe someone saw this.

Jordy
07-06-2005, 12:09 PM
That boat looks like it's in pretty good shape for having been run aground, especially at any kind of speed, or at least enough to carry it up that far on that ledge, not to mention it doesn't look like the interior was torn up like it would be if people were flying around in it. :idea:

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I hear they never caught the guy who caused it.

Moneypitt
07-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Lets just hope the people were OK, boats can be fixed, or scraped, people are a little different. The boat looks like it was just put there, like a big wave left it high and dry. I realize we can't see the bottom, or the other side, but it looks like it took it pretty well..............MP

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Lets just hope the people were OK, boats can be fixed, or scraped, people are a little different. The boat looks like it was just put there, like a big wave left it high and dry. I realize we can't see the bottom, or the other side, but it looks like it took it pretty well..............MP
I do not see any peeps
I thought about maybe he left in the water over night and the water level went down, but I do not know.

slink
07-06-2005, 12:25 PM
I do not see any peeps
I thought about maybe he left in the water over night and the water level went down, but I do not know.
That would be my guess too.....doesn't look like he could stop it perfect like that at any speed and without any hull damage at the nose....HMMMM

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 12:26 PM
I did not look closely but it looks like a chunk missing up front.

Brian Ray
07-06-2005, 12:31 PM
I do not see any peeps
I'm thinking the same thing...water level down in those parts can fluctuate quite a bit.

BROADMINDED
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
That Would Be My Guess That The Water Level Droped. But Now That I Look At The Pic More I Believe If You Are Looking At This Side Of The River The Water Is Flowing Right To Left. So If It Was Tied Up And The Water Droped Then The Nose Of The Boat Should Be Facing The Other Way

Water Romper
07-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Look at the Jet…I am not a jet-boater but doesn’t the jet look, “Skewed” looks like it’s pointing sideways…I could be wrong… :sqeyes:
Also, who’s the guy standing by the boat…the proud owner? :2purples:
10 bucks says it was alcohol related and the right side is tore up pretty good.
Hope the crew is ok, looks like a nice boat too (not that that matters)

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 12:47 PM
You can see the water level line on the retaining wall. What may have happened is that he was forced up there when the water was way up and now you're seeing a pic with the water down.
OK true but you never know

LAFD
07-06-2005, 01:00 PM
If You Look Theres A Chunk Missin From The Nose. You Have To Look Kinda Close But You Can See It.

2Driver
07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
for the boat to have floated there the water would have to have been above that bulk head and in that guys garden to the rear - I doubt it was that high. And yep that is a big chunk in the keel in line with the back part of the watercraft numbers. Maybe a new jet driver? Left off gas - turn wheel - crash jet boat. :confused: Hope all were ok.
Never know what you are buying in a used boat huh?

ROZ
07-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Fukin valet parking .... :D

AirtimeLavey
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Bummer....that's a nice lookin boat. Does look like a water level thing, though. Hope no one got hurt, if it was something else.

bordsmnj
07-06-2005, 01:34 PM
thats "topock junkie's" old boat. when he sold it it was in showroom condition.hope he doesn't feel too sick when he sees this,lol. hope all where ok too. :hammerhea

HBjet
07-06-2005, 01:42 PM
In that photo the water is all the way up. It never gets much higher then that below Parker. It can get much lower (I know) but as for fluctuation it's at the highest point I have ever seen it. Also, that is on the CA side because there aren't any homes on the AZ side of Big River or parts below...
I heard about something with a boat on the beach, but didn't hear the entire story.
Sucks either way
HBjet

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-06-2005, 01:52 PM
thats "topock junkie's" old boat. when he sold it it was in showroom condition.hope he doesn't feel too sick when he sees this,lol. hope all where ok too. :hammerhea
I thought it was Kevin's old boat but I couldn't remember if his bimini was striped or not. :confused: :cry:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-06-2005, 01:53 PM
I thought it was Kevin's old boat but I couldn't remember if his bimini was striped or not. :confused: :cry:
Did you call him?

bordsmnj
07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
not yet......

Krumbsnatcher
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
This shows he crashed and the jet angle justifies the hole out of the nose.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1821boat.gif

Water Romper
07-06-2005, 02:37 PM
No kidding…look at the gash about 3-4 feet down the front of the hull….I didn’t see that at first….OUCH!!!!!!!!! :2purples:

CandyA$$
07-06-2005, 02:49 PM
That's my old boat. It just sold about two months ago. It only had 26 hours on it. Seeing this makes me want to cry.....
found the old owner.
Sucks

phebus
07-06-2005, 03:37 PM
I guess he is lucky he is up on the rocks, it will be easier to salvage then off the bottom.

THATJEFFGUY
07-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Now that's a sweet ass parallel parking job !! :D