PDA

View Full Version : Trident Maiden Voyage SUCCESS !!!!!

Infomaniac
07-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Just got off the phone with Wes and they are absolutely thrilled with the Revolution's performance. The maiden voyage was a tremendous success. They met many more initial objectives than expected.
The boat accelerates like a rocket ship, handles, maneuvers etc. like a dream. The boat ran in the low 70's MPH at part throttle 4,800 RPM's with 7 or 8 brave souls on board. There is some pump impeller tuning to do in order to match the engine - pump - hulll combination as can be expected with a maiden voyage.
Congrats to Wes and all the Trident team. :D I heard a trip to Parker is in the very near future.

Jordy
07-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Good news. Congrats to all involved!!! :D :D :D

Mandelon
07-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Great News. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Racer277
07-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Congrats all around!
Please continue to keep us updated.
:)

Cole Trickle
07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Congrats!
I can't wait to hear the details I have been following along with the build for about 10 months.
Has Wes released any kind of guestimate at what pricing will be once released?

Her454
07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
CONGRATS GUYS! Thats awsome! Pics??????

RiverDave
07-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Congragulations to Wes and the Trident Team!! :) I'm happy they got it on the water, and I'm sure it was worth the wait. :)
As for my phone call :yuk: :D
RD

redi4fun
07-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Where are the pics Wes??? Congrats on finally getting that thing wet. :D

XtrmWakeborder
07-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Awsome news guys! I'll be expecting an update asap WES!

OutCole'd
07-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Congrats, glad to hear all went well.

Screaming Pete
07-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Glad to hear it as I been wanting to call Wes all day but knew he was very busy putting this boat on the water today, he has done some very innovative things to say the least. that boat will be taking the industry by storm.27 feet of heart pounding thump ba bump bump, and a ton of ponies under the hood. Mad Props to Trident Boats and congrates to Wes and Audry and the Trident Team :D :D :D

AirtimeLavey
07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Congrats...glad it all went well. Very cool to watch the progress on this. :cool:

socalmofo
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Saw this monster heading east on the I8 about 1:15. That gel coat is amazing. I think I'm gonna copy it! :argue: Just Kidding!
Looks Good, Great Job!

ROZ
07-06-2005, 01:31 PM
I heard a trip to Parker is in the very near future.
I guess he'd better get the interior done! :D
Bitchen Wes!!!!!

Evil-E
07-06-2005, 01:37 PM
What a great feeling. All that work to finally pay off. Great job Trident!

Norseman
07-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Congratulations Wes!!
Pics yet????? :cool:

HCS
07-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Like everyone else. PICS!!!!!!
Please. :D :p

Todd969
07-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Great news, lets see the beast.

Dave C
07-06-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm a little behind on my Trident-lor. What motor are they using?

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm a little behind on my Trident-lor. What motor are they using?
An Infomaniac turbo special. Dynoed just under 1000HP.
I want to hear it from Froggy himself. :cool:

phebus
07-06-2005, 01:49 PM
This is a kitty killing thread without pictures!! :D

boatnam2
07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
congrats to wes,audrey and the whole trident team.

RexRathburn
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Woooo hoooo...congrats to Wes and whole Trident team!!!!!

Caribbean Jet
07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Nice Job guys,
Where did you do the maiden Voyage at?Glad to hear that you had fun doing it. LOve to see pics

Froggystyle
07-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks for all of the great words everyone. Here are some pics.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/maiden_montage.jpg
Obviously, San Diego bay. The first is a shot of the dual drive/twin turbo setup as we tested it. Nothing like hearing them cranking back there, let me tell you! The second is motoring out while doing some mapping of the injection system. Just getting the feel for it, making sure the stuff is all good to go. Third is a partial pass to let you see how this hull rides. Nice and flat. No weird stuff at all. Last is a nice rooster shot. Huge tail, really cool looking.
I am pooped and going to go home and sleep. I will post more tomorrow.
Thanks for hanging in there with us all of these years. It was well worth it.

24ROD
07-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Congrats, nice pics! :cool:

Infomaniac
07-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Great pics man. We can wait for an in depth description of the test flight.
Cool engine dude. :rollside: Get some sleep.

HCS
07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
You should be able to blow off some jet skies with those roosters.

Brady Bunch
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
congrats Wes..... How is the interior coming?
- Greg

sigepmock
07-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Congrats Wes, that thing looks amazing on the water. I have to say job well done too on sticking to your guns on all the details, lesser men have been known to cave in to the pressure to Hurry up and get it on the water. Conrats again, I'm sure you have a winner there and I can't wait to see the first production version ready for sale.
Chris

Mandelon
07-06-2005, 03:21 PM
OHHHHH you ran it in the salt??? All the guys on here who are afraid of salt will never forgive you....
Looks bitchen Wes!

HCS
07-06-2005, 03:32 PM
OHHHHH you ran it in the salt??? All the guys on here who are afraid of salt will never forgive you....
Looks bitchen Wes!
I was thinking the samething. :jawdrop:

Nubbs
07-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Congrats! Looks good.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Mann!!! I am so excited for you! It looks absolutley incredible. Who is it here that quotes Hannibal from the A-Team in his sig line "I love it when a plan comes together?" Congrats! congrats! congrats!
Now I can do this to all the nay-sayers
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_22.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZSYYYYYYYYUS')

2sand2
07-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Wes that looks so good and I can't think of a better place to blow your first tail in that boat. Right in front of the Navy boys. Make em drool for one of them hot boats. Congrates on everything going right. :cool:

LaveyJet
07-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Congratulations to all! Seeing it on the water must have been better than sex! (well almost anyway). Saw of my old boat, the Midway, in the background.

Mandelon
07-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Damn giant SeaDoo...... :hammer2: :D :D

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-06-2005, 04:21 PM
that kicks ass...
way to go!

Tom Brown
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Congratulations to team Trident. :cool:

HCS
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
That right........a twin turbo dual jet SeaDoo. :220v:

essexjet
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Congrats Wes on the maiden flight. It has to be such a huge relief off of you after the long journey to get to this stage. Cant wait to see it.

bchbum
07-06-2005, 04:31 PM
If I win the lotto tonite ,I'll order one tomorrow . Great job Wes & crew

Garrddogg
07-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Congrats Wes that baby looks AWSOME and just take the industry by storm!!

Rocky
07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
It would look pretty cool and funcional for the engine hatch to open up from the back. Plenty of room on the swim step.

Norseman
07-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Wes;
It looks awesome!!!!!!! :D :D

Bense468
07-06-2005, 06:03 PM
NICE...Is the next boat going to be I/O?

shueman
07-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Congrats..!!! Beautiful piece of work.....love the power/propulsion system... :cool:

superdave013
07-06-2005, 07:27 PM
congrats man!!

JetBoatRich
07-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures :cool: looks like a nice ride :cool:

ssmike
07-06-2005, 07:34 PM
That is easily my favorite jet boat. :D
Cool transom shot of Info's bulllet. Very nice to see this concept get wet.

2sand2
07-06-2005, 07:48 PM
ya think It'll jump a wake the same as a Sea Doo???? :hammerhea

Phat Matt
07-06-2005, 07:56 PM
ya think It'll jump a wake the same as a Sea Doo???? :hammerhea
He should have taken it past the breakers. :D

Hallett19
07-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Kick ass dude ! I remember the first raw drawrings ;)

HCS
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
that kicks ass...
way to go!
You must like SeaDoo's. :D

Jordy
07-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Dammit, it didn't look anything like that on Sunday when I was out there. I'm thinking the ocean would have been smoother. More pics!!!! The first ones look great though. Really stoked for all you guys!!!! :D :D :D

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Dammit, it didn't look anything like that on Sunday when I was out there. I'm thinking the ocean would have been smoother. More pics!!!! The first ones look great though. Really stoked for all you guys!!!! :D :D :D
We took it out a lot further, there just wasn't a camera crew around.
Boat is really awesome. The whole design team gets a round of applause from us. The boat feels so light in the water it is weird. If you look in that first pic, you can see that the top of the jets is way out of the water. This boat rides so high at idle that there is no real "rollover" at all. It appears to just move faster through the water. Feels like a zero time to plane. Reality is, somewhere in there is an actual time when the boat is planed out, but we can't tell where it is from the drivers seat. Rough water handling is stellar. It took the 5+ foot ferry boat wakes with a thud and little else.
Overall we are hugely impressed. We are getting together a release right now for the folks registered on the website with a bunch more pics, video and information about the last couple of months here at Trident. Look for all of the good stuff there. Should be released to the public within a month or so when we get a new update up after this one.
Back to work....

al cole'holic
07-07-2005, 08:55 AM
We took it out a lot further, there just wasn't a camera crew around.
Boat is really awesome. The whole design team gets a round of applause from us. The boat feels so light in the water it is weird. If you look in that first pic, you can see that the top of the jets is way out of the water. This boat rides so high at idle that there is no real "rollover" at all. It appears to just move faster through the water. Feels like a zero time to plane. Reality is, somewhere in there is an actual time when the boat is planed out, but we can't tell where it is from the drivers seat. Rough water handling is stellar. It took the 5+ foot ferry boat wakes with a thud and little else.
Overall we are hugely impressed. We are getting together a release right now for the folks registered on the website with a bunch more pics, video and information about the last couple of months here at Trident. Look for all of the good stuff there. Should be released to the public within a month or so when we get a new update up after this one.
Back to work....
...where do I sign, and can I interest you in a chopper or 2 as a down?? :)

Boozer
07-07-2005, 08:57 AM
We want to see more pics.
I'm thinking I should get on the waiting list for one of these bad boys. Can't afford it right now but I'm sure with the amount of time it's going to take to get out all the current orders mine should be ready by summer of 2009 and I should be able to afford one by then.

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Quick thought... as I was writing about how high the jets were out of the water, I thought about how that might compare to my old 21. So... here is a picture showing the Trident vs. a 21. (We are 100 pounds lighter than my 21 BTW... ;) )
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/pump_comparison.jpg
Probably close to a 6 inch draft difference between the two. That is 6 inches LESS draft on the 27 foot deckboat than the 21 foot daycruiser folks...
With a bunch of extra rigging weight as well. Two more batteries in the Trident than when that shot was taken with OTR, two turbos and intercooler, another whole drive unit and the Dual Drive gearbox.
This thing is amazing. You have to see it to believe it.
Boozer... I put you down for one weeks ago... ;)

PICKLEtheLOAD
07-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Congrats to Wes and the entire Trident PLATOON! Boat looks hot dude.

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 09:07 AM
...where do I sign, and can I interest you in a chopper or 2 as a down?? :)
Yes... yes you can.

Phat Matt
07-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Quick thought... as I was writing about how high the jets were out of the water, I thought about how that might compare to my old 21. So... here is a picture showing the Trident vs. a 21. (We are 100 pounds lighter than my 21 BTW... ;) )
;)
Where's the second boat? :p

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Where's the second boat? :p
Under the boobs. Look closely...

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 09:17 AM
It would look pretty cool and funcional for the engine hatch to open up from the back. Plenty of room on the swim step.
It does. Hinge is forward. If you want to see it installed... talk to WSUWRHR for an update on the arrival of the hinges... ;)

OutCole'd
07-07-2005, 09:18 AM
LMAO!!! :D

al cole'holic
07-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Yes... yes you can.
You tell me what you want, or pick from the stable :)

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 09:21 AM
You tell me what you want, or pick from the stable :)
Geez man... you know it is going to be custom with me...

sigepmock
07-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but what are the rough price estimates for this bad boy and when do you think you'll actually deliver to Customer #1?
Thanks,
Chris

al cole'holic
07-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Geez man... you know it is going to be custom with me...
..please, this is my first summer boatless...I'm dyin ova here! :D

Phat Matt
07-07-2005, 09:30 AM
OH! I see it now. Cool. :D

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but what are the rough price estimates for this bad boy and when do you think you'll actually deliver to Customer #1?
Thanks,
Chris
Customer #1 already has his boat in the mold. We are infusing the top of it within the week or so and will be delivering it as quickly as we can build it.
We have not set retail yet as we are working out our dealership agreements. Should be at or around $165,000 though. No options to really speak of. It comes slammed. The only options will be utility type options like a rubber mat flooring instead of billet around the back, sundeck style engine hatch vs. our super trick louvered one and obviously gelcoat colors. Trailer comes loaded as well, but going wild on the trailer will also bump the price. The only other "add on" will be our fiberglass/gelcoated hard cover instead of a standard bimini top. This will incorporate a tow tower for wakeboarding and stuff. Your use will determine which options you choose, but none except for the hard top will affect the price.
Three is going in the mold as soon as we clear it from boat #2. I have a bunch of clients looking to pull the trigger, but have refused to take deposits until this water test. We couldn't have deposits/clients rushing the outcome. Basically, it is first to the plate gets boat #3. We are building it as soon as we can. If someone puts money down on it before we shoot it, they choose the colors. This mold will not be empty from now on.

kphayes
07-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Congrat Wes, to you and your team. Go East County! :D
Kyle

Dave C
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
I see the method to your madness now, (1000 hp and jet drives!)
All that money saved not replacing blown out-drives can be re-invested in a bigger motor........ or to buy more jewelry for the ol lady while trying to explain to her why we need to buy a new boat already..... :wink: :)
Sweet ride!

sigepmock
07-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks Wes. Boat looks amazing and the price is very reasonable, especially with all extra's. We'll have to see what the waiting line looks like next spring, if John at Ultra doesn't hurry up with that deck boat of his :D :D
Chris

Wally_Gator
07-07-2005, 09:59 AM
All i have to say is Daaaayyyyummmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go Wes.
Let's see, The equity in my house will cover a Trident... Should I?

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Congrat Wes, to you and your team. Go East County! :D
Kyle
What up Kyle!!!! Long time no see bro. Some of the best pics of OTR have Dena AND Audrey on the back. We need you guys to come out here so you can go back and spread the word in the midwest!
http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/op6-5/2/images/DSCN0547.jpg
Couldn't find any more.

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I see the method to your madness now, (1000 hp and jet drives!)
All that money saved not replacing blown out-drives can be re-invested in a bigger motor........ or to buy more jewelry for the ol lady while trying to explain to her why need to buy a new boat already..... :wink: :)
Sweet ride!
I can't imagine going with a "bigger" motor but my theory on options is as such... if you go bigger than me, I will consider it. Nothing smaller than stock, and stock is a 1200 horse motor with some good smelling gas and some cam work.
Info built a hell of a motor. We are running it conservatively at 900hp on crap gas, and it will be delivered to the customer barely breathing hard at 650 or so...
Yesterday was a 650 run and it went over 70. 72mph at 4500 rpms.

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Let's see, The equity in my house will cover a Trident... Should I?
That's the theory... ;)

CornWater
07-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Still don't see it... :confused:

2sand2
07-07-2005, 10:47 AM
I can't imagine going with a "bigger" motor but my theory on options is as such... if you go bigger than me, I will consider it. Nothing smaller than stock, and stock is a 1200 horse motor with some good smelling gas and some cam work.
Info built a hell of a motor. We are running it conservatively at 900hp on crap gas, and it will be delivered to the customer barely breathing hard at 650 or so...
Gawd damn it Wes shut up already... ya got me considering this...Originally Posted by Wally_Gator
Let's see, The equity in my house will cover a Trident... Should I?... and I can too.... if I don't want a wife any more...... but she'll love it in the long run....and if not some other hot chick will..... damn see what your doing to me :jawdrop:

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Gawd damn it Wes shut up already... ya got me considering this...Originally Posted by Wally_Gator
Let's see, The equity in my house will cover a Trident... Should I?... and I can too.... if I don't want a wife any more...... but she'll love it in the long run....and if not some other hot chick will..... damn see what your doing to me :jawdrop:
I asked everyone in the boat yesterday if they ever had the feeling like the boat was powered by anything bigger than a stock Merc package. The answer was no. It just has amazing performance and manners. There is no sense of the drama under the hatch (or not under the hatch in this case) at all. It is turn-key and reliable power.
The women loved it. It has no pretense that suggests a race motor or combination. The performance figures suggest it, but we didn't take anyone over 50 yesterday without the interior.
Lots of work left to do dialing it in, but we are on our way now.

Freak
07-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Probably close to a 6 inch draft difference between the two. That is 6 inches LESS draft on the 27 foot deckboat than the 21 foot daycruiser folks...
With a bunch of extra rigging weight as well. Two more batteries in the Trident than when that shot was taken with OTR, two turbos and intercooler, another whole drive unit and the Dual Drive gearbox.
This thing is amazing. You have to see it to believe it.
Boozer... I put you down for one weeks ago... ;)
Very nice. Any idea how much the draft will change with full interior/stereo/flip front thingy/engine hatch? Is that 100 pounds lighter now or complete?

boxscore
07-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Customer #1 already has his boat in the mold. We are infusing the top of it within the week or so and will be delivering it as quickly as we can build it.
We have not set retail yet as we are working out our dealership agreements. Should be at or around $165,000 though. No options to really speak of. It comes slammed. The only options will be utility type options like a rubber mat flooring instead of billet around the back, sundeck style engine hatch vs. our super trick louvered one and obviously gelcoat colors. Trailer comes loaded as well, but going wild on the trailer will also bump the price. The only other "add on" will be our fiberglass/gelcoated hard cover instead of a standard bimini top. This will incorporate a tow tower for wakeboarding and stuff. Your use will determine which options you choose, but none except for the hard top will affect the price.
Three is going in the mold as soon as we clear it from boat #2. I have a bunch of clients looking to pull the trigger, but have refused to take deposits until this water test. We couldn't have deposits/clients rushing the outcome. Basically, it is first to the plate gets boat #3. We are building it as soon as we can. If someone puts money down on it before we shoot it, they choose the colors. This mold will not be empty from now on.
That's gotta be some exciting stuff going on there....peeps in line....AWESOME. What will you gimme on my trade for an 06 DCB :eat:

kphayes
07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
What up Kyle!!!! Long time no see bro. Some of the best pics of OTR have Dena AND Audrey on the back. We need you guys to come out here so you can go back and spread the word in the midwest!
http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/op6-5/2/images/DSCN0547.jpg
Couldn't find any more.
We will be back in Sept. and we will have to stop by and see you guys. Maybe another photo op, but on a Trident. What do you think?! :eek:

kphayes
07-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Is it just me or is that one fine ass? :D
I like this shot of her ass better.
http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/jordy/deana2.jpg

kphayes
07-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Sorry for the hi-jack but, Wes started it. carry on......
Can't wait to see the boat Wes. Looks Awsome!

HCS
07-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Nice boat! :)

KACHINA KEN
07-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Good job Wes,
Now fill those 20 orders :D

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Very nice. Any idea how much the draft will change with full interior/stereo/flip front thingy/engine hatch? Is that 100 pounds lighter now or complete?
Complete. The only thing left to add is the seat cushions, hatch lid and the subwoofers. Seats weigh 48 pounds total, hatch is 30 pounds, subs are heavy, but not that heavy...
We will come in under 3700 for sure. Most deckboat bare hulls weigh more than that.

Cole
07-07-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm impressed with 72mph at 4500rpms....will this thing be close too 100mph when all said and done with dual jets??

Essex29
07-07-2005, 01:37 PM
I like this shot of her ass better.
http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/jordy/deana2.jpg
How does that eminem song go.....never seen an ass like that :supp:

Screaming Pete
07-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Damm between that pic of Audry and them red shorts my computer is frozen :)

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks Wes. Boat looks amazing and the price is very reasonable, especially with all extra's. We'll have to see what the waiting line looks like next spring, if John at Ultra doesn't hurry up with that deck boat of his :D :D
Chris
Hopefully there won't be a line. We have built this whole process to go into production with, and we are only doing one type of boat. Once we start production, we will be cranking them out with the intention of putting them on the floor of dealerships, not building them custom. Your wait will be as long as it takes to find one in the colors you like and writing a check. Custom will be available, but I don't know of anyone that would rather wait a couple of months to get a boat when a totally bitchin one is brand new waiting to be brought home today. That is one of the big reasons we don't have any options... we don't want reasons why you would have to order one to get what you want. All of the "options" can be done at the dealership overnight with exception of the hard top. That can be easily produced and shipped within a couple weeks of ordering.

Steamin' Rice
07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Congrats on the maiden voyage.. I was in SD bay all weekend and the water was much rougher than what it was for you.. :messedup: I actually took a few runs out of the bay and the open ocean had better water than what was in the bay. :D Did you see any of those homeland security boats out there? They were the 40'-ish boats with QUAD 225 Outboards on them, pretty cool.

RiverDave
07-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Hopefully there won't be a line. We have built this whole process to go into production with, and we are only doing one type of boat. Once we start production, we will be cranking them out with the intention of putting them on the floor of dealerships, not building them custom. Your wait will be as long as it takes to find one in the colors you like and writing a check. Custom will be available, but I don't know of anyone that would rather wait a couple of months to get a boat when a totally bitchin one is brand new waiting to be brought home today. That is one of the big reasons we don't have any options... we don't want reasons why you would have to order one to get what you want. All of the "options" can be done at the dealership overnight with exception of the hard top. That can be easily produced and shipped within a couple weeks of ordering.
I look forward to seeing it in the water in a few weeks.
Unfortunately the accomodations we were talking about aren't going to be able to happen. :( I had a family emergency take place this weekend which cancelled my girls b-day. So I have to take her whole family out the following weekend.
RD

ROZ
07-07-2005, 02:33 PM
They were the 40'-ish boats with QUAD 225 Outboards on them, pretty cool.
...and you didn't get any pictures? :D

sigepmock
07-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Sounds like you have it all planned out, I guess I should have expected that. Well when you get one in a showroom, let us know I bet there are a few people here that want to see it in person, myself included.
Thanks again for the info,
Chris

Steamin' Rice
07-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I didn't take one picture the entire weekend.. I bought a new digital camera about 3 weeks ago and still haven't used it... :( It's a strange feeling to be cruising at 60 MPH or so and have one of these boats come blasting by. :squiggle: :D

djunkie
07-07-2005, 02:44 PM
I think he was referring to these.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/674942Day_on_the_Bay_023.jpg

Steamin' Rice
07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
That's it.. :D

Dave C
07-07-2005, 02:58 PM
damn the po po got a nice rig... what brand is that... its looks familiar but I don't see any gold chains anywher!!! :notam:

Steamin' Rice
07-07-2005, 03:04 PM
damn the po po got a nice rig... what brand is that... its looks familiar but I don't see any gold chains anywher!!! :notam:
sorry for the hijack Froggy.. I think the homeland security boats are 39' Midnight Express boats. http://www.midnightexpress.cc/

Dave C
07-07-2005, 03:05 PM
4500 rpms huh.... so what do you supposed its gonna run when you put the stick down (with 650 hp)? :confused:
ya I know, we shall see..... well we can't wait anymore, so get back out there and go buzz the homeland security boat!!!! ;) ;)

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 03:41 PM
4500 rpms huh.... so what do you supposed its gonna run when you put the stick down (with 650 hp)? :confused:
ya I know, we shall see..... well we can't wait anymore, so get back out there and go buzz the homeland security boat!!!! ;) ;)
Don't need to buzz it... we got the thorough inquisition by one while we were parked for a little while at Peohe's. Came over, docked and sat there rapping with us for quite some time about the Revolution. All asked for business cards. I think the fact that I am planning a military/paramilitary variant had their attention. Especially the holeshot that they witnessed first hand... ;)
When all was said and done, all the chicks on that dock were eyeballing the Trident and not the 39' Midnight Express with quad outboards and guys in uniform... I think I will call that a successful first public experience :D

Dave C
07-07-2005, 04:03 PM
I meant buzz it with the stick down ;)......
sounds good though!!!

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 04:08 PM
I meant buzz it with the stick down ;)......
sounds good though!!!
Ahhhh.
The Dual Drives are new territory. We started by having the biggest impellers installed, knowing we would cut them down. Now we are not so sure... It pulled right through 4500 with throttle to go.

RandyH
07-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Look great Wes. Did I miss something or did you loose the big rear swim deck. Seems like it needs something on the back to get up and into the boat from the water. Maybe a small version of your orginal plans with a step.
Also maybe you mentioned this already and I didnt read the thread but do these pumps not need a ride plate?
Thanks
RandyH

RiverDave
07-07-2005, 04:17 PM
What's all that stuff going on in the back right hand corner of the boat?
Incidentally you should incorporate that vent with whatever that marine remote commander dealio is.. Make it out of 1/2 inch and recess the stereo controller into it or something. What's the 4 dealios on the outside of the boat?
RD

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Look great Wes. Did I miss something or did you loose the big rear swim deck. Seems like it needs something on the back to get up and into the boat from the water. Maybe a small version of your orginal plans with a step.
Also maybe you mentioned this already and I didnt read the thread but do these pumps not need a ride plate?
Thanks
RandyH
Hey Randy!
There is a huge ride plate under there. Anytime you do a set-back jet setup you need a ride plate.
The rearmost swimstep still has to be designed and built. I am probably building it out of fiberglass for durability and ability to withstand salt water. I THOUGHT it was going to be submerged the whole time, but the boat is so damn light that the pumps are out of the water! We thought the exhaust was going to be totally submerged...
In any case, the rearmost swimstep will be as close to the water as possible, made of fiberglass and mounted to the jets themselves. It should do a great job keeping folks clear of the jets when diving in and climbing in and out.
Good eye by the way. Sounds like you have taken a peek or two at the model... ;)

Froggystyle
07-07-2005, 04:23 PM
What's all that stuff going on in the back right hand corner of the boat?
Incidentally you should incorporate that vent with whatever that marine remote commander dealio is.. Make it out of 1/2 inch and recess the stereo controller into it or something. What's the 4 dealios on the outside of the boat?
RD
Three huge bilge pump dumps and an overboard discharge for the oil cooler and gearbox cooler.
The next version of the vent is integrated. In fact, this vent was supposed to be but the new Kenwood remote is larger than the ones I am used to and we had to lop it off to get the thing to not look stupid.
We are going to use 1/4" plate and a 1/4" bezel that matches our gauges for the remote in the future, and soon to be on this boat.
The new Kenwood marine stuff is flat out amazing. Indefinite memory so when you shut off your batteries it still remembers your settings... MP3 playable and we got the Ipod adapter going in stock along with Sirius satellite radio. The remote has an LCD screen that allows you to search the Ipod or Music Keg visually and the controllers are the same as on the head unit so you don't have to re-learn keys.

RiverDave
07-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Looks good! :) I'm glad everything is coming together for you!
I was thinking about how much floatation the boat has etc.. A 100 pds billet swim step really shouldn't affect things all that much? Why not go back to your original model with the big wrap around swim step?
RD

clownpuncher
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Looks awesome. Can't wait for a ride. I imagine you'll be hitting most of the popular bodies of water to show it off (marketing) , but, where do you plan on hanging out?

Kim Hanson
07-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Looks tits Wes and coming from a OB guy that is something.........( . )( . )....... :cool: Way to go with your dream....

wsuwrhr
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM
It does. Hinge is forward. If you want to see it installed... talk to WSUWRHR for an update on the arrival of the hinges... ;)
Haha,
Come on now, you are making it sound like I have had this on my desk for some time.
Truth is, I JUST got the cad files last Wed/Thurs. Material is ordered and I will pick it up when I get back south.
Boat looks bitchen, and from our celli conversation tonight, the performance was every bit of what was expected. :) :) :)
Can't wait for my ride. I can imagine the joy and pride of lighting it off in the water for the first time.
I have hand-built cars, bugs, boats, and motors since I was a kid, but never something like this, completely from the ground up, starting from serious scratch. It must have been some feeling.
I am proud to be a small part of it.
Wes, you and your team's enthusiam for this project is contagious.
Brian

Bense468
07-07-2005, 11:18 PM
What pump(s) are you running. Look like new berks. Are they factory tolerances or are go guys setting them up a little tighter? Aluminumn Impellers? Inducer? Any pics of the gear box? Is it harold's deal?
Sorry for the thousand questions.

Froggystyle
07-08-2005, 07:42 AM
That's awesome Wes. Glad to see it on the water! Are the pumps running so high in the water the reason the boat rides so flat? I've never seen a pump that far out of the water before and usually boats lean back when running. This must have been due to the way your bottom was designed, because it looks awesome! You've thought of everything in advance, great job. I thought the one being six inches lower might have been due to the 21 being a vee which would displace the water diffrently than the wide tunnel. Now that you mention the huge weight differance I understand. How much did the 21 weigh and does the Revolution weigh?
My 21 weighed 3700 pounds. Everyone thought it was heavy, but it was normal. We weighed others and that is what they weigh. The Revolution, as it sits minus a couple of parts is under 3500 without fuel. It will add another 800 pounds with a full fuel tank with it's 125 gallon capacity.
It rides flat because it is not an air-entrapment hull. In fact, the tunnels are clear of the water before you start. The waterline is 1 inch below the top of the tunnels. The design (patent pending) is called a "Tri-Hydro" and is a legitimate hydroplane design. The fastest, best turning and performing boats in the world are hydros, not tunnels.
It is costly to design a hydro bottom, and risky to build something so out of the norm, but the design team really pulled it off, and Chuck built us a hell of a tool. It was accurate to within 1/16 in. all around. The hydro is a lot more stable than an "air entrapment" hull (which is by the way a misnomer) as it rides forward on the sponsons at top speed. The rear is designed to create tail lift and force the bow down. This is one of the big reasons for no bow-rise.
Bense... They are bone-stock Legends. This is running two "A" impellers for now. We will cut them down/change the gearing as we finish the sea trials and decide what will be the normal delivered configuration of the boat. Yes, it is Harold and Gary's deal.
Thanks for all of the good words folks. We are knuckling down here to finish the project, so pardon me if I get to the responses a little delayed.

Dave C
07-08-2005, 07:55 AM
your response poses yet another question: (its like an un-ending cycle, eh?)
does your power coupling "device" (whatever it is?!?) have gear reduction? I mean that "part" you describe as connecting the two pumps to one motor?
This whole thing is so damn interesting... next time I am in SD, I need to swing by your shop and have a look!!!!

Froggystyle
07-08-2005, 09:18 AM
your response poses yet another question: (its like an un-ending cycle, eh?)
does your power coupling "device" (whatever it is?!?) have gear reduction? I mean that "part" you describe as connecting the two pumps to one motor?
This whole thing is so damn interesting... next time I am in SD, I need to swing by your shop and have a look!!!!
It has the potential for under or overdrive. We have it running a 1:1 ratio right now for baselining, but we are nowhere near done with the test and tune phase. Once we know what works from the rideplate/shoe/inlet/loader perspective, we will gear it for optimum efficiency through the whole range while putting us at our max RPM. We will probably be overdriving this motor for top speed a little down the road as it makes so damn much torque and power, but time will tell.

HCS
07-08-2005, 09:51 AM
It has the potential for under or overdrive. We have it running a 1:1 ratio right now for baselining, but we are nowhere near done with the test and tune phase. Once we know what works from the rideplate/shoe/inlet/loader perspective, we will gear it for optimum efficiency through the whole range while putting us at our max RPM. We will probably be overdriving this motor for top speed a little down the road as it makes so damn much torque and power, but time will tell.
You mean you don't have it dialed in yet? What's taking so long? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nastyhabit
07-08-2005, 09:13 PM
just about any of you can be fitted with the duel jet call harold at r&d marine (714)993-2664, r&d marines duel drive drag boat is in the works should be in the high hundreds , the new nasty habit will have the duel jet running in the
120 plus mph area see ya at mine hopefully around november---R&D MARINE the home of the duel jet--nasty

HighRoller
07-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Hey Froggy...while we're talking about gearboxes.... What about a transmission to offer a premium holeshot AND high top end/ low RPM cruise? Is that a possible option? Nothing like cruising at 45mph pulling 2000 RPM's......

Jet2Riv
07-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Congrats Wes on the maiden voyage
You sound as excited as I was the first time I drove mine :rollside:
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Dual Drives !!!! :D
Dave
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/265DSCN1017_1_.JPG

BarryMac
07-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Awesome Wes, I'm totally stoked for you and the rest of the Trident Team, the boat looks terrific even on Salt Water. I'm wondering how many sets of Clubs I would have to buy to make a reasonable down payment??? :D :D J/K, congrats again, the boat looks sweet...

NashvilleBound
07-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey Wes, I just got back in from Table Rock and the threads already 6 pages long. Congrats on the first testing! I wish you the best. I should be back in San Diego the end of this month. I would like to see it...and/or ride in one. If I am still allowed around that is;)

Sherpa
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
the boat looks awesome Wes.................... I bet you were surprized to see
the entire rear of the hull, including the pumps sitting so high.......
it's all about weight vs power and design....... killer design BTW..............
any rough-sketch's/prelims on this hardtop-thingy-?
--Sherpa

Froggystyle
07-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey Wes, I just got back in from Table Rock and the threads already 6 pages long. Congrats on the first testing! I wish you the best. I should be back in San Diego the end of this month. I would like to see it...and/or ride in one. If I am still allowed around that is;)
Come on by Jeff... You are always welcome. You need to see the new facility anyway. It is 3 times the size of the old one.
We are going out a couple of times this week if anyone is around.

Froggystyle
07-12-2005, 02:38 PM
any rough-sketch's/prelims on this hardtop-thingy-?
--Sherpa
We have some, but none that I want to release yet. I will get it out in good time though, I promise!