View Full Version : Staying in Blythe?

ADDICTED
07-06-2005, 12:57 PM
If you were to by a mobile home on the water in Blythe where would you consider going first.
If anyone nos what are these double wide river homes going for?
Considering giving up the lake for something a little more laid back.
Does anyone no of anyone selling there home on the water in Blythe.
Any help would be awesome.

riverroyal
07-06-2005, 01:07 PM
aha quin,,north of blythe,the cove/lake there is great,beaches are clean and safe from the current

shueman
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Rex Rathburn was there over the 4th....maybe he saw some prices.
3 years ago when I went through there, about $125k.....today, the last one I heard about for sale was....$200k+.....Water Wheel or Lost Lake may be more reasonable, depending on the rent.
My buddy's mom has a place on the river at Twin Palms, a little south of Aha Quin. He told me she's getting evicted by the Indians who lease the property to them....

ADDICTED
07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks guys. I have heard Aha quin was the best place to go. Ulimatley would really like to be on the water. I went on realtor.com and there was one listed for $2,000,000. :sqeyes: :idea:

RexRathburn
07-06-2005, 02:04 PM
I was there over the 4th and there were about 5 for sale that I can remember in the "old" section (pullouts). None had prices, just phone numbers. My friend has a place there and I can get you more info if you want. Let me know if you want something in the "new" section or if you want to buy in the "old" section where you will have to pull out the old trailer and put in a new one.
RR

Havasu_Dreamin
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
We used to go to Aha Quin in the early 80's, right before they opened up, what was then, the new mobile home area. I even swam all the way across the river one time when it was real low. Started out at the launch ramp and got across by the time I was even with the last dock. From what I remember the lagoon to the left of the launch ramp would get real shallow and you could walk across it and then walk up river and float down. Any one got any recent pics of that place?

ADDICTED
07-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I was there over the 4th and there were about 5 for sale that I can remember in the "old" section (pullouts). None had prices, just phone numbers. My friend has a place there and I can get you more info if you want. Let me know if you want something in the "new" section or if you want to buy in the "old" section where you will have to pull out the old trailer and put in a new one.
RR
Rex any information would be awesome. I have no idea what these are suppost to go for. If they are all over 100K then I will just sack up and probally start drinking some Koolaid and stay at the zoo.
Would like to see what I can do for 100K area.
Thanks. :D

RexRathburn
07-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Addicted - My friend is going to Havasu the next 2 weekends, but after that I'm sure he would be willing to cruise around and get some info for you. I will be with him this weekend, so I will hit him up.
Havasu_Dreamin - I have never seen it that shallow through there. The old launch ramp now has a house built on it and they have a "new" ramp. If you are standing on the ramp looking out, you are on the far "left" side of the island...sorry no pics. :hammerhea

ADDICTED
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks Rex :D

Goodtime$
07-06-2005, 08:51 PM
We have a place in Hidden Valley, on the channel..pm me your email and ill send you a bunch of pics i have from the 4th..cheers

Raskal
07-06-2005, 09:17 PM
i am going this weekend for my first time .staying with a buddy at his house just past Aha Quin

Jordy
07-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey Gibby,
When I hit Blight, I know I'm just an hour from hanging out with you and the fam in the big Glamis... Don't tell me you're settling down... :D :D :D

JetBoatRich
07-07-2005, 03:27 AM
You can always look at the city web Site
Blythe Chamber (http://www.blytheareachamberofcommerce.com/)

a catered life
07-07-2005, 06:08 AM
You can always look at the city web Site
Blythe Chamber (http://www.blytheareachamberofcommerce.com/)
this is a official thread jack....how many days rich?

Havasu_Dreamin
07-07-2005, 06:48 AM
Havasu_Dreamin - I have never seen it that shallow through there. The old launch ramp now has a house built on it and they have a "new" ramp. If you are standing on the ramp looking out, you are on the far "left" side of the island...sorry no pics. :hammerhea
Yeah, was this in the ealry 80's. It would get real shallow. had a lot fo good times there when growing up.

DrewDown
07-07-2005, 06:48 AM
Shawn, Check out mackentire park (sp?). On the water, like crazy horse but without all the people & law.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
07-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Call John Osborne @ Century 21 he has signs from Glamis to Parker 760-922-2121. Be careful of the Indian dispute that is still going on. North of Palo Verde dam and south of Big River is an awsome stretch of water. Back to Jet boat country.

Rinduck
07-07-2005, 04:04 PM
I have a place in Aha Quin I put together last year (tore out the old and put in a new OS single) for about $80K and just sold our old one in Waterwheel for less than $40K. I know of one currently for sale in the "New" side on the back row with a view of the greenbelt. They are asking $130K and it comes with a garage. It's somewhat distant from the water, but the way the park is situated, most of us are anyway. Probably a 3-5 minute walk, but we all drive around in golf carts.
Here's my perspective on parks near Blythe, but above the Palo Verde diversion dam (which I prefer due to water depth). Going North:
Villa Shores - Very nice, most places are on or near the water. Expect $ plus side of $125K. Near one of the main hangout sandbars and just north of the dam area where you can ski all day if it's not windy.
Twin Palms - As mentioned, questionable due to hassles with CRIT (Indian Tribes) regarding Bob's lease. Some nice trailers, but most are run down. Campers are nearest the water. One trailer is smack dab on the camper beach and 3 or 4 on the water are in-between the two camping sites. Not sure I would invest here due to the hassles.
Paradise Point - Now apparently run by Aha Quin management, but also a target for the CRIT. I would avoid given the question of whether it will be allowed to continue and the condition of the existing trailers is not good.
Aha Quin - Very nice. Large lagoon that was dredged out quite a few years ago. Nice people. There are two sides to the park, the original that is known as the "old" side and the expansion area known as the "new" side. Due to management insisting on people pulling out their old trailers, the "old" side is becoming the "new" side. Confused?
Red Rooster - RIP
Waterwheel - Also a very nice park with a long grass covered beach. Current here is strong, so anchoring is a challenge for larger boats. Most on the water are plus $135K and don't change hands too often. The owner/lessee Bob (yes, another Bob), reps Fleetwoods and will put you on a new spot for less than $90K (so I'm told).
New Park (Rio Vista?) - a partnership between the guy who runs Waterwheel and a guy by the name of Bill Butler who owns the rights to a rare 99 year lease just upriver. The new park has apparently been in the works for 4 years and they plan on breaking ground in the fall. It's just south of Hidden Valley and below the independents.
Hidden Valley is very nice, but expensive. Most are on or near the the water. I've been told to expect plus side of $150/$175K, but since this is out of my reach, never checked into seriously.
Lost Lake is interesting, some nice places and some not so nice places. It's set up sort of perpendicular to the water with the campers out near the water and the trailers running back towards the highway. I hear that older trailers go for about $65K on up.
There are quite a few independents scattered in between these parks and given the hassles with the CRIT, make sure the current owner is current with lease payments. Some have not paid in many years, which means the new owner would get stuck. It's currently unclear whether CRIT will win out and evict the non-payers, but it's been fought for more years than I have been out there.
Hope this helps. It's a great stretch of water.

Mrs. casean
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
We stay at Aha Quin from time to time and that is the place we'd buy at if we were to buy one in Blythe area. We love it there! For those of you who go there, do you know the Jacksons? That's where we stay. Maybe we'll see you out there this summer sometime soon!

boatnam2
07-07-2005, 05:08 PM
so in the blythe area near aha quin you can run a prop or not?never been to that area but plan on looking around there.i guess a big hp jet boat wouldnt be all that bad to have.do you own the land in aha quin or a lease deal?

shueman
07-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Nice write-up Rinduck....much appreciated....we are def in the market within the next 6 months to get into something....we too love this "jet boat haven"....!!!

Mrs. casean
07-07-2005, 06:12 PM
so in the blythe area near aha quin you can run a prop or not?never been to that area but plan on looking around there.i guess a big hp jet boat wouldnt be all that bad to have.do you own the land in aha quin or a lease deal?
Hey Jim! I'd run a jet or Outboard myself. There are just some sketchy spots & I'd be too white nuckled w/ a prop... that's my feeling on it. At Aha Quin you rent the land... I think it's the Indians land :220v: As it is is MANY of the parker spots... but it's an awsome park, you can go riding behind the park for miles and miles, and it's a ton of families that have places there... and the bar is nice :D

77charger
07-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Jim i run my 21 ft elim there it has a prop but anything bigger i would stay north.I have been getting to know the area better now this past weekend i made a run to lost lakes at 11 am and near there on sunday at 11 am again.Not many props there though, Mine is one of the few(bluwhite,,pink,purple if anyone saw it).I stay just below paradise point when i go.Just got to be cautious

boatnam2
07-07-2005, 07:33 PM
thanks guys for the info,i figured it may be to shallow for my boat but never hurts to ask.need to find a new hang out blythe sounded kind of nice, plus 50 miles closer would make it all the better.

77charger
07-07-2005, 07:53 PM
thanks guys for the info,i figured it may be to shallow for my boat but never hurts to ask.need to find a new hang out blythe sounded kind of nice, plus 50 miles closer would make it all the better.
been going there for about 3 years mainly on the big weekends so far i really like it i go with my best friends and we have a great time.I really dont care for big crowds or attention.def a different crowd more laid back and my boat feels big there LOL(one reason i bought a 21 so i can use it wherever i feel like) :D

Goodtime$
07-07-2005, 09:22 PM
We have a place in Hidden Valley, there are some spots for sale..crit land is the down fall along with the fluctuating water levels...but it keeps the crowds down to a minumum etc...we love it
best boats for the river, anything with a pump. 22 and under
22 Placecraft, Ultra 23deck and ive seen some 24aftershock decks running around along with powertoons...anything that can turn well and run in some decently shallower water would be best.
come down anytime, pm me and well meet up, ill show you the river and some mobiles for sale...pm tobtek too, he just bought a water front lot in big river...best of luck with your choices
last weekend we floated all day monday and only saw a couple boats, from big river all the way down to water wheel. ill post some pics 2nite

07-08-2005, 12:42 AM
We have a place @ Lost Lake. The store is OK, the people there are friendly and always wanting to help out when needed for the most part. There are a few a$$ holes but there will be where ever you go. Even on the big party weekends it mellows out fairly quickly. There are a few places there just inland from the water going for 45K+ for a decent older single wide just across from the waterfronts. The waiting list to get a "temporary spot" is around 4 years or so. A temp spot means your house still has wheels on it but doesn't necessarily move. The perm spots cost the coin to get one even with a crappy trailer on it. Still though, I had a place years back at havasu palms. I was waterfront, but on the cliff. I prefer inland and a short golf cart ride to the water. My advice is to check if where you're looking has RV spots available. If they do stay there for a couple days on the weekend and check the place out before you buy. All of these places north of blythe into parker are all on the california side and all are owned by the indians. This means you will never own that land, you are buying a trailer and renting a temporary storage spot from the manager. If you spend 125K for a single wide on the water, the indians can evict you from the land if the management doesn't pay their bills. This leaves you SOL!