PDA

View Full Version : Mojave July 14-17th?

prozach
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Anyone else going to be out there that weekend. I would like to do a dam to dam run on fri., but not alone.
Its been a few years since I have been up there. Are the launch lines at K/L bad on regular weekends or can I sleep in a little.
Zach

prozach
07-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Sounds good, I hope to see you there.
I have a 26' Hallett Deck so we should be ok if the wind picks up a little. Also have friends staying at Cottonwood as a back up.
Zach

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-06-2005, 03:32 PM
I will second what Tom said. You should get on the water before 8 (not to be confused with at 8, which is when most people seem to agree to meet up). We have a great view of the line from our trailer and can tell what time it is by the launch line. :D I suggest that you put it in by 7:30 and use the courtesy dock while you have a yummy breakfast at the restaurant, get your ice and last minute lip schit. Or use the time to catch an early ski before the boat chop and lake lice get too bad. Have fun. I would like to be there that weekend, but think we will probably be pouring concrete instead.

RiverForUs
07-06-2005, 10:45 PM
We'll be out there from Mon thru Sun, July 11-17 staying at the Belle. Look for the Caliber 1 in my avatar near Newberry Cove (one cove up from Telephone Cove on the Nevada side) with a few trips each day into Gasoline Alley and down to the dam to float and swim.
Don't think a dam run is in my plans as the wife and kids don't like coming back across the basin after the last ATTDR.

prozach
07-08-2005, 10:33 AM
I will keep an eye out for you. I am sure we will be dropping by Gasoline Alley as well. I wish I had a better digital picture of my boat, in any case look for a Hallett 260 deck with flames.
zach

HALLETT BOY
07-08-2005, 11:19 AM
What day are you planning the "to the dam run " ? I'll be there Saturday the
16th, 05 Hallett 270, I'll be staying at the Ramada .. was planning on lauching early and having breakfast at the marina then heading to the dam

prozach
07-09-2005, 08:44 AM
We were planning on Fri. or Sun. for the dam run. On Sat. we have too many people in the boat for that long of a run. Let me know if your up for Sun.
We plan on launching early as well and having breakfast at Katherines. Hopefully see you there.
Zach

CBLavey
07-09-2005, 10:55 AM
We're planning on being there next weekened going up to the dam on Saturday. 260 Hallett deck should easily cross the basin - we did it 4th of July weekend in our 21 Lavey; a little bumpy yes, but no big deal...