PDA

View Full Version : Socketless hoses and fittings?????

Squirtcha?
07-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Need a little help here guys. I know some of you are running these, and I'm curious about a couple things.
Are the hoses rated for fuel?
Do you have any pictures of your setups?
Any drawbacks that you're aware of?
I saw some pics a while back and thought it looked pretty cool.
A buddy of mine's boat caught fire Memorial Day weekend and we've got to rewire it, change all the cables, and plumb it (it's all melty).
He's thinking about using this product and I'd just like a little feedback.
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/norm/aer-fcv1015_w_m.jpg
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/small/aer-fbm1512_w_s.jpg

FOURQ
07-06-2005, 05:44 PM
i have used it on an alky setup fuel and water oil was in ss braid
Q

jetboater5
07-06-2005, 06:06 PM
I just used it to plumb my oil cooler in. I used for the oil and water. Have had no problems put around 20 hrs on it so far. looks very neat and clean also

Jetmugg
07-06-2005, 06:27 PM
The maintenance guys at work don't like the socketless stuff. They only feel safe using it if they put a hose clamp on it as well.
My 2 cents is to step up to the full braided SS and A/N fittings. I think Superdave has the hookup on this stuff.
SteveM.

Boater Bill
07-06-2005, 06:31 PM
I have my fuel system, tanks to carb plumbed with socketless. Also use it for water exiting the motor to water dump. Positives are cost, ease of assembly, no hose abrasion on parts that it lays on/rubs against, less weight than braided hose. Negatives are the blue color, although Aeroquip does have it in black and I don't think they have any swivel fittings so you have to pay attention to orientation when assembling. And, like braided hose, there are size/fit differences between manufacturers.

mexrunner
07-06-2005, 06:33 PM
i use it and never had a problem oil, water, and fuel

Squirtcha?
07-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the responses (both pro and con). Does anybody have a picture of their rigging with this stuff?

Some Kind Of Monster
07-06-2005, 07:13 PM
I may be wrong but I believe GoFastRacer sells this stuff and he's in East Mesa.

Squirtcha?
07-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks SKOM, I believe you're right about Art having the stuff for sale.
What no pictures from anybody?

AZKC
07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Gofastracer, sells that stuff I think :confused:

CrazyHippy
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Use it on a friends sprint car for alcohol, oil and water, never had a connection problem... cuts in the line yes, but never at a fitting.
Damned things are a BITCH to put together and dont plan on them ever coming off...
BJH

GofastRacer
07-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks SKOM, I believe you're right about Art having the stuff for sale.
What no pictures from anybody?
Dan, check your PM's!. ;)

screamdreambrad
07-07-2005, 06:37 PM
dan i use them,aeroquip black. don't like the blue though. that is from russell.

Squirtcha?
07-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the PM Art. I've responded.
Appreciate the input Brad. How ya been? Will you be out this way in the fall?
If so, I'll be sure to look ya up.

bp
07-07-2005, 07:11 PM
dan, i've used aeroquip blue and socketless on my jaz fuel tank to the fuel pump, and on part of my water inlet. the socketless fitting are a PITA to get into the hose, but the hose will withstand just about anything. i wanted to use the aeroquip hose for the fuel suction line because i take the jaz tank out and hook up the side tanks for lake use, then take the side tanks out and install/hook the jaz tank back up for the track. going back and forth, and where i have to route the hoses in this thing is also a PITA, the braided stuff starts snagging through repeated bending, and i can't see the condition of the hose under the braid. all of the stuff "up on top" is still braid, and i don't really have any plans to change it. if i were really concerned about weight, i'd go with nothing but aeroquip.

83Dana454
07-07-2005, 08:04 PM
I used the blue aeroquip to plumb my cooling system and fuel system. Personally I like it, it's not too hard to attach the hose ends if you use alittle bit of lube on the hose and if you ever have to remove them just cut a slit in the hose and it comes right off. I'm currently trying to post a pic of my setup but am having some trouble loading it.

83Dana454
07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Pic
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2092/engine16yz.jpg

nelsonf
07-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Here you go i like it better the Braided Easyier to work with.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/47HPIM0115.JPG

Hollis
07-08-2005, 05:49 PM
summit sells them...