PDA

View Full Version : Gullwing setup Q?

Jetmugg
07-07-2005, 05:22 AM
If I hit it hard tonight, I'll be getting the black and green gullwing wet tomorrow afternoon.
I'm looking for a quick recommendation to get me in the ballpark with the ride plate angle. I've got a back-cut shoe (need to measure the depth), a berk droop, and PD. Right now, if I lay a straightedge along the ride plate, it will barely clear the PD nozzle with the nozzle in the full down position.
I've got an angle finder (not one of the fancy electronic ones), so I can probably get it to within a degree or two.
SteveM.

flat broke
07-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Steve,
Just a wild guess, But I'd say start around 2* up from keel line. Just make sure you check that shoe depth as you mentioned. And regardless of how everything measures out take it slow once you're on the water.
Good luck,
Chris

NELSON#109
07-07-2005, 11:08 AM
2 Up On The Nozzle, Which Might Require Some Down Wedge, And 2 To 2.5 On The Ride Plate. Nelson#109

Jetmugg
07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
It's got some down wedge in it now, and it's also got a hydraulic PD. I guess I'll have to search for the "sweet spot" with the diverter, and spend some time tonight looking for 2 to 2.5 up with the ride plate.
Thanks guys.
SteveM

Wicked Performance Boats
07-07-2005, 05:17 PM
set the biting edge of the shoe at 1/8th above keel line. set ride plate up 3.5 degrees up from keel line. be safe and watch the dirverter. keep the roost about 3-4 ft off water. good luck Budlight