PDA

View Full Version : Help me out Law Enforcement peeps????

Danzo
07-07-2005, 05:54 AM
I got a speeding ticket on the way out to the river this last weekend. CHP stated (wrote) on my ticket that I was going 93 mph. I don't even think my truck can go that fast (kidding). I know I was speeding but there is no way in hell I was going this fast. What should I do? Can I fight this and win? any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks in advance. It was also pretty funny that the Officer stated If you were going under 90 MPH we would'nt be having this discussion. (I guess since I'm a Firefighter). He was gonna let me go for a warning, then wrote the ticket at 93 MPH. If I was speeding, which I was then why would he let me go if I was under 90 mph? That's pretty frickin fast! :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
07-07-2005, 05:57 AM
I had a similar thing happen to me. My roommate was speeding, but then I took over driving after he got tired.
Shortly thereafter, I was pulled over while doing 65MPH. They wrote me for 90MPH, because "a unit traveling in the other direction saw me speeding".
There's some real rocket scientists out there driving in black and white cars.

Jbb
07-07-2005, 05:59 AM
I had a similar thing happen to me. My roommate was speeding, but then I took over driving after he got tired.
Shortly thereafter, I was pulled over while doing 65MPH. They wrote me for 90MPH, because "a unit traveling in the other direction saw me speeding".
You just have that....guilty look ...about you

SHOTKALLIN
07-07-2005, 06:24 AM
I would have wrote you just because you were on your way to the river with a boat and hot chicks, And I was stuck at work. :hammerhea I'm just a hater like that.
J/K

Garrddogg
07-07-2005, 06:28 AM
I got one for 100+ but I know I was doin mid 90's (tested w-gps) He asked do you know how fast you were goin? I said 84? he said "ah" and walked away,then wrote me for 100+!! and said he was giving me a break as he wrote me for an infraction intead of a misdeminor! I did the "Ticket busters" thing its like a trial by mail and I was found Guilty!! but it was only a single point violation !!!!!! But no traffic school....
Force 26

scarabrick2
07-07-2005, 06:33 AM
I got a ticket like that but my record was clean so all I had to do was pay the fine,take a on-line school (which cost around $100) and I was free and clear. I think it was like 95 in a 65 coming from Havasu to searchlight.

NOTALENT
07-07-2005, 06:35 AM
I got one for 100+ but I know I was doin mid 90's (tested w-gps) He asked do you know how fast you were goin? I said 84? he said "ah" and walked away,then wrote me for 100+!! and said he was giving me a break as he wrote me for an infraction intead of a misdeminor! I did the "Ticket busters" thing its like a trial by mail and I was found Guilty!! but it was only a single point violation !!!!!!
Force 26
Good old Trial De Novio...I did that and I won..!!! :D

HocusPocus
07-07-2005, 07:12 AM
there is a lot of factors involved in winning or losing a court case.. not to mention the attitude of the judge hearing it. then you have to consider your time in going to court and how far the court is from where you live.
were you towing a boat at the time?
i have known people people who lost speeding ticket court battles because the added fact they were towing a trailer.
also the CHP is really cracking down on speeders on the 15, 40 and 10 fwys.. and from what i have heard the judges are backing them up on the crackdown.

topless
07-07-2005, 07:33 AM
There was something posted a while back about having the court changed to your area....I forgot what you are suppose to say when getting the ticket but if the officer doesn't show up, you win. I'll have to go back and find it.

Water Romper
07-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Beating a speeding citation is pretty hard to do…generally, the courts assume you are guilty when you walk in the door….Sorry but when it comes to speed violations, most people ARE guilty….I would bet not one person on these boards go 55mph pulling a boat running down I-40 when there is no traffic…I know I don’t.
All that said, there are ways to fight traffic cites especially if they “caught” you on radar…
But to tell you the truth, it’s a pain in the A$$. Unless your driving record is horrible and you risk loosing your license, you may want to do what one of the other board members did and suck it up, pay the fine and do “On-Line” traffic school.
If you fight it and hope the cop dosn't show up, your dreamin....he gets PAID to show up...plus, he needs to answer to his Sergeant as to why he/she lost and didn’t show up. Trust me, they will be there.

jackpunx
07-07-2005, 08:25 AM
they probably wont give you traffic shcool for that speed.. and if you were towing a trailer.. forget about it.. They have signs all over the place for trucker attornys that fight speeding tickets for them.. If its that big of a deal to spend the $$ go with one of them.. or .. go to court.. tell the truth and see if they cut you a break.. but I wouldnt count on beating it..
then go out and get a radar detector..

Her454
07-07-2005, 08:28 AM
most people ARE guilty….I would bet not one person on these boards go 55mph pulling a boat running down I-40 when there is no traffic…I know I don’t.
Now you do, I NEVER speed. :D

BoatFloating
07-07-2005, 08:36 AM
I also got a ticket by radar and it was on the 10 about a mile before Rice Road exit. I was passing 2 big rigs and just got past the first one and there was a 2 car gap between the second one when I saw the CHP sitting on the side of the road. At the same time a car was flying up on my ass. The CHP pulled out and pulled me and the car behind over and wrote both of us up. He said I was doing 91 mph and wrote me for 85 mph. Now my point is know I was doing about 75-80 mph but no 91 mph. [b]So with 2 big rigs and a car flying up on my ass how does his radar tell him that it was me.[\b] I think I'll try in fight this and change it from Indo courts to the Riverside or San Diego courts were I work.
Any ideas?????? ;)

SummitKarl
07-07-2005, 08:46 AM
best line I heard of from LE on Rice Road, was "whats the hurry the river aint going anywhere"
My personel favorite, when LE stops you and ask's you Have you been drinking tonight? you answer why is there a fat chick in the back seat :sqeyes: I tried that here in LHC after a little burnout, LE dam near wet his pants and sent me on my way.
my lesson was learned when LE stops you be honest and don't try excuses, but a good sence of humor goes along ways

Boozer
07-07-2005, 08:51 AM
There was something posted a while back about having the court changed to your area....I forgot what you are suppose to say when getting the ticket but if the officer doesn't show up, you win. I'll have to go back and find it.
I think you need to give these guys some driving lessons.
:D :D :D
What's the fastest you've taken the new ride up to on the freeway? Like 40??

chrissy
07-07-2005, 10:08 AM
It's a 3 minute drive from my work from my house. I also live next to a high school so there is always cops around watching for speeding teenagers.Anyway one day I left work and without thinking I was going pretty fast up the hill they always like to hide on. The cop actually crossed traffic to come after me. I saw him at the last second and my speedometer said 70 :supp: When he asked me how fast I was going I said 60? LOL. He said no 62. In a 40 mph zone. I admitted I was speeding and he let me go much to my surprize. :hammer2:

Beer-30
07-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I got a speeding ticket on the way out to the river this last weekend. CHP stated (wrote) on my ticket that I was going 93 mph. I don't even think my truck can go that fast (kidding). I know I was speeding but there is no way in hell I was going this fast. What should I do? Can I fight this and win? any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks in advance. It was also pretty funny that the Officer stated If you were going under 90 MPH we would'nt be having this discussion. (I guess since I'm a Firefighter). He was gonna let me go for a warning, then wrote the ticket at 93 MPH. If I was speeding, which I was then why would he let me go if I was under 90 mph? That's pretty frickin fast! :hammerhea
Did the officer come into your place of work and say you didn't know what you were doing?

Beer-30
07-07-2005, 10:27 AM
All I can say is, every time I have gotten caught, I deserved it. Can't even count how many times I SHOULD have been caught.
I wouldn't come into your place of business and tell you how to work. I could not even fathom telling a peace officer how to do his/her job. That's all I'm trying to say.

2sand2
07-07-2005, 11:04 AM
All I can say is, every time I have gotten caught, I deserved it. Can't even count how many times I SHOULD have been caught..
I say the same thing.... weekly I should have been at least talked to by someone... not that I am an idiot, round town its always at the posted limit but you can't drive the 15 between Temec and SD and not go 85....
Just finnished my first online traffic school in 5 years..... took all of 45 min from sign up to certificate..... opps did I say that out loud??? :cool:

cdog
07-07-2005, 11:29 AM
They're F'in assholes................55mph is rediculious. They can kiss my ass. I'll drive at a speed I feel is safe. And don't give me the bull shit about the speed being the issue. If that was the case then why can I tow 70-80mph in AZ without getting a ticket? 55mph is just an excuse for them to pull you over. I've driven the 10 out to havasu and AZ over 200 times in my lifetime and the biggest hazzards are the cops pullin people over and the one asshole actually doing 55mph.

BADBLOWN572
07-07-2005, 11:32 AM
I have gotten two tickets on Rice Road in the past 7 years and both times I was doing well over 90mph. The smartest thing to do is to first apologize and second ask the cop if he is going to give you a ticket. If he says yes, ask at what speed. When they reply, say thank you and request the county seat. They have already told you what speed they are going to write you for and I would be very surprised if they would change it. If they do change it, it shows that they are a liar and could be used against them in court. The county seat option lets you get tried in the county court house versus the closest court house. Rice Road is all Riverside and San Bernardino counties. The cop is not going to want to drive 3-4 hours, sit in a courtroom for a 15 minute trial, and then drive 3-4 hours back home. Doesn't happen. Both times, the cops never showed up for my trial and I plead not guilty. Case dismissed.

slink
07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I have gotten two tickets on Rice Road in the past 7 years and both times I was doing well over 90mph. The smartest thing to do is to first apologize and second ask the cop if he is going to give you a ticket. If he says yes, ask at what speed. When they reply, say thank you and request the county seat. They have already told you what speed they are going to write you for and I would be very surprised if they would change it. If they do change it, it shows that they are a liar and could be used against them in court. The county seat option lets you get tried in the county court house versus the closest court house. Rice Road is all Riverside and San Bernardino counties. The cop is not going to want to drive 3-4 hours, sit in a courtroom for a 15 minute trial, and then drive 3-4 hours back home. Doesn't happen. Both times, the cops never showed up for my trial and I plead not guilty. Case dismissed.
It all depends if they're scheduled to work that day, if so, yes they will drive that far, beats handling calls all day. If it's they're day off, depends on what the departments policy is and/ or if they are saving up for that new "Toy". Most guys an 8 hr OT day at time and a half is about 500 bones. Tough to pass up.

RUCAV
07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I got one for 100+ but I know I was doin mid 90's (tested w-gps) He asked do you know how fast you were goin? I said 84? he said "ah" and walked away,then wrote me for 100+!! and said he was giving me a break as he wrote me for an infraction intead of a misdeminor! I did the "Ticket busters" thing its like a trial by mail and I was found Guilty!! but it was only a single point violation !!!!!! But no traffic school....
Force 26
He gave you the ticket for lying. Alot of cops dont like writing tickets unless you are extremely reckless or an A-hole, then its joy. There is no reason to cut someone a break who lies about it.
In reference to the fireman who was stopped and the officer said something about not having this conversation if he was doing under 90 is that if you have several hundred cars a day going over 90 MPH, its a waste of time to stop someone who is not endangering others as much as someone else.
As for the comment about getting the court changed to one by your house, that all depends on where you live. You can request to have the venue changed to the county seat at the time of the stop. The officer is required to do it. This is ideal when getting stopped on Rice Rd. Id rather drive to beautiful downtown Riverside than some 1 room court in the desert.
Keep in mind that 99.9 % of us are guilty. If CHP writes me up I dont get mad. Its a risk I take when im going to the river. I earned it. Besides, Im sure he/she believes they are saving someones life. For the guy who thinks its all BS, maybe we'll call you to do a death notification. Im sure you'd enjoy it.

Garrddogg
07-07-2005, 01:09 PM
SO DID HE WISE GUY!
He gave you the ticket for lying. Alot of cops dont like writing tickets unless you are extremely reckless or an A-hole, then its joy. There is no reason to cut someone a break who lies about it.
In reference to the fireman who was stopped and the officer said something about not having this conversation if he was doing under 90 is that if you have several hundred cars a day going over 90 MPH, its a waste of time to stop someone who is not endangering others as much as someone else.
As for the comment about getting the court changed to one by your house, that all depends on where you live. You can request to have the venue changed to the county seat at the time of the stop. The officer is required to do it. This is ideal when getting stopped on Rice Rd. Id rather drive to beautiful downtown Riverside than some 1 room court in the desert.
Keep in mind that 99.9 % of us are guilty. If CHP writes me up I dont get mad. Its a risk I take when im going to the river. I earned it. Besides, Im sure he/she believes they are saving someones life. For the guy who thinks its all BS, maybe we'll call you to do a death notification. Im sure you'd enjoy it.

THATJEFFGUY
07-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Wow, you mean that little CSFA "red helmet" sticker in the back window didn't help ya out ? Not saying you are one of them..but I know alot of firemen that think that's their personal "get outta jail free" pass. Hell, even with "confidential" plates the chippies don't have much mercy..especially when you're doin' over 90.

Danzo
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow, you mean that little CSFA "red helmet" sticker in the back window didn't help ya out ? Not saying you are one of them..but I know alot of firemen that think that's their personal "get outta jail free" pass. Hell, even with "confidential" plates the chippies don't have much mercy..especially when you're doin' over 90.
I never once mentioned I was a Fireman. IThe sticker is a union sticker and I didn't try to get out of the ticket. Nor am I trying to get out of the ticket now. I am stating that I wasn't going 93. I don't feel that I should pay a fine for going 93.

Garrddogg
07-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I never once mentioned I was a Fireman. IThe sticker is a union sticker and I didn't try to get out of the ticket. Nor am I trying to get out of the ticket now. I am stating that I wasn't going 93. I don't feel that I should pay a fine for going 93.
That was exactly my thought!

THATJEFFGUY
07-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree ! But I wasn't saying you were using your profession to get outta the ticket...I just know alot of ff'ers that do. Hell, if you weren't doin' 90..fight it, and make the officer prove his point ! What was the posted speed...55 or 70 ?

Jordy
07-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Hell, if you weren't doin' 90..fight it, and make the officer prove his point !
The problem is with every speeding ticket I've ever had, you're pretty much guilty until you prove yourself innocent. I had one where the judge told me "you must have been speeding because he wrote you the ticket." The ticket was on a busy freeway at a somewhat rush hour time of day and the guy was in a marked car. He said I went past him at 75 in a 55. Total BS. I lost that one because it was his word against mine. :jawdrop: :confused: :idea:

Kilrtoy
07-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I love that county seat crap...
Dont forget there are several county seats....
They can screw you and send you even further.....

Kilrtoy
07-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Did the officer come into your place of work and say you didn't know what you were doing?
That is pretty funny, but true......

meaniam
07-07-2005, 05:11 PM
change of venue but needs to be done at time of ticket and your courthouse has to be furter then 90 miles away or something like that...

fourspeednup
07-07-2005, 05:14 PM
What's the deal with this trial by mail stuff? I got hit a couple weeks back. I was speeding but like you said Danzo, I believe he wrote me up for going faster than I was (80 in a 65 on rice rd). There aint a chance in hell that I'm gonna go to court in Needles mid week but if I could get the fine reduced I'd be a happy camper.
BTW--I asked to see the radar and he said no, does that give me anything? :notam:

Kilrtoy
07-07-2005, 05:45 PM
What's the deal with this trial by mail stuff? I got hit a couple weeks back. I was speeding but like you said Danzo, I believe he wrote me up for going faster than I was (80 in a 65 on rice rd). There aint a chance in hell that I'm gonna go to court in Needles mid week but if I could get the fine reduced I'd be a happy camper.
BTW--I asked to see the radar and he said no, does that give me anything? :notam:
Trail by mail is cool, I guess.....
You can do that and if you lose you can then request a court trial.....
The officer does not have to show you the radar or lasar, but why wouldnt he....

RUCAV
07-07-2005, 06:35 PM
change of venue but needs to be done at time of ticket and your courthouse has to be furter then 90 miles away or something like that...
Here is the section. Nothing about 90 miles, just has to be closer. Dont get freaked out by the term arrested. Cited is the same in this context.
(b) Upon demand of the person arrested, before a judge or other
magistrate having jurisdiction of the offense at the county seat of
the county in which the offense is alleged to have been committed.
This subdivision applies only if the person arrested resides, or the
person's principal place of employment is located, closer to the
county seat than to the magistrate nearest or most accessible to the
place where the arrest is made.

bajarunner
07-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Yes the county seat thing works great, and not many people now of this. The other thing you can do when you request the county seat option is to ask the officer to please write down on the citation the color of the car he/she is driving. CA law states the any vehicle used in law enforcement for the purpose of enforcing traffic laws must be "BLACK and WHITE". Not black, white, or white and black, or black with white, but "BLACK and WHITE" Believe it or not this one can work, and will get the ticket thrown out if not properly stated. :shift:

ahhell
07-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Uhhh....dont speed
Yes, I speed...with my eyes wide open...havent been pulled over since 1984...yep 21 years
Yep, Im knocking on wood right now ;)

locogringo
07-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Here's my story from a month ago. We were heading to Havasu through the Ehrenberg route. For people who drive that way, you are familiar with the 35 mph zone halfway through Ehrenberg in the middle of nowhere. My wife was busy yapping to me and I was busy paying attention to her this time and failed to realize that I was coming up on the 35 mph zone. Much to my chagrine, when I saw the flashing light indicating an intersection (of sorts though it really isn't one of any use), I said "oops" and put on my brakes. At that moment, I saw a wonderful CRIT (Colorado River Indian Tribe) patrol car parked in an abandoned gas station (or something that looks really similar to it). I knew I was gonna get pulled over because I was going 73 when I looked down and started braking. So I waited for him to pull me over, which he did. He came up to the car asked me to step out with lic. and reg. and come to the back of the truck. I did, he looked mad and asked what my hurry was. I told him that I have been going this way for over 5 years every other weekend in the summer and know this road like the back of my hand and was so busy listening to my wife that I didn't think I was at that 35 mph zone already. He said he was gonna take me to jail, yadda yadda but ended up giving me a criminal traffic citation.
Long story short, I showed up this last Tuesday in Parker for the Parker Magistrate Court and the judge, Judge Drum, really nice guy, asked me if I had taken traffic school in the last two years. Never have in AZ so it was granted to me and the court fine of $364 dollars was dismissed and I only need to pay the traffic school portion of 126 or something.
I gots lucky cause my intention was to fight it and hope the CRIT officer didn't show up.
Hey ALAN (boatcop), thanks for the advice by the way!
Daniel

Kilrtoy
07-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Yes the county seat thing works great, and not many people now of this. The other thing you can do when you request the county seat option is to ask the officer to please write down on the citation the color of the car he/she is driving. CA law states the any vehicle used in law enforcement for the purpose of enforcing traffic laws must be "BLACK and WHITE". Not black, white, or white and black, or black with white, but "BLACK and WHITE" Believe it or not this one can work, and will get the ticket thrown out if not properly stated. :shift:
ARE YOU FOCKING SERIOUS...
SOMEONE BETTER TELL
Kern county, Santa Monica, San Berdo and a whole lotta beach cities they cant write tickets....
They are all violating your rights....
The crap that comes out of peoples AZZ is unbelievable.....

slink
07-07-2005, 08:30 PM
CAUTION..........PLEASE DO NOT ADHERE TO THIS POST. Baja, no offense but please check your facts before you post CRAPPY LEGAL ADVISE, PLEASE. Better yet, next time you get stopped by the CHP in the ALL WHITE MUSTANG on the way to the river, please refuse to sign the citation because he is not in a Black/White. Oh ya, when he puts the braclets on, ask him to take you to the county seat as well :messedup:

77charger
07-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Judge Drum, really nice guy,
Daniel
I agree on that one!! I got in trouble for reckless operation of a watercraft(i'll leave it at that) and had to see him.
As for sppeding tickets i have seeen the judges ask the defendants where you going faster than the speed limit??answer was always yes"well i was going 68 mph not 75"LOL judges "your guilty of speeding then"
I drive fast also but usually get passed by chp on the way to river if i am under 68mph so far any more asking for trouble i guess.Got very lucky this past weekend blew by one parked going 75 i hit the brakes hard didnt look kept driving and almost sheet my shorts been ticket free since 99(punching wood now)

77charger
07-07-2005, 08:40 PM
CAUTION..........PLEASE DO NOT ADHERE TO THIS POST. Baja, no offense but please check your facts before you post CRAPPY LEGAL ADVISE, PLEASE. Better yet, next time you get stopped by the CHP in the ALL WHITE MUSTANG on the way to the river, please refuse to sign the citation because he is not in a Black/White. Oh ya, when he puts the braclets on, ask him to take you to the county seat as well :messedup:
it only refered to motorcycles i know that for a fact esp with laguna beach PD they use to be blue/white now they are black/white.I have seen the commisioner throw these tickets out or remind the defendants about this so they can fight the tickets.This was over 10 years ago dont know about today but laguna still has black and white motorcycles

Doctor Feniks
07-07-2005, 08:40 PM
every CHP officer i've encountered has been a straight up a55hole. i'm trying real hard not to stereotype them but they make it real hard sometimes. i don't understand what all the macho attitude is about. it's like every high-school bully dropout became a CHP officer. and as far as them coming into my work and telling me what to do....it happens all the time. i get CHP officers who bring in a patient/suspect/prisoner to the ER and try to tell me how and when to see the patient and what they think the patient needs. like these dickheads went to medical school and know better than i do. the hospital's the one place i don't take any sh1t from these guys. i've even had to kick a few of 'em out of the exam room on occaision so i could get my job done. i'm not saying that they don't perform a valuable community service but it could really do without the attitude.
anyways...just venting.

Kilrtoy
07-07-2005, 08:57 PM
every CHP officer i've encountered has been a straight up a55hole. i'm trying real hard not to stereotype them but they make it real hard sometimes. i don't understand what all the macho attitude is about. i'm not saying that they don't perform a valuable community service, but it could really do without the attitude.
anyways...just venting.
You read this CHIPPIES......its soooooo true....

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-07-2005, 09:38 PM
So........
I'm heading out to Havasu on the 40......Late last year.....
Just as you come over the hill and see the lights of Needles......
Right where the Chippie sits on the right curve so you can't see him until it's too late.......
So I pass the guy and then look down at my GPS.......
Even I still can't believe it....I'm only doing 75........Sweet!!!!!
So the Chippie pulls on to the road and starts catching up......
My wife says..."He's going to stop you"....and I say "Your Crazy....What for....I'm only doing 75"......
So....he gets behind me.....comes along side of me.......back behind me......
Then red lights me........
I get my Lic & Reg ready.....Both hands on the wheel.......Palms facing forward.......Roll all the windows down...........I know they have a tough job and hell.....I would hate doing car stops out in the middle of no where....
He walks up and says...."Do you know what I stopped you for ????"....and I say...."NOT a clue".....
HE SAYS...."Your truck is too tall".......
Yep......my Excursion is TOO tall.......
Then he says.....You've never been pulled over for it being too tall.....Nope!
So then he breaks out the tape measure and climbs under the truck and measures the height from the ground to the frame.......2" too high......
and he writes me up.........
He then says...."Were gonna write all you tall trucks up because when you hit small cars, you climb right over the top of them".......
I am dumbfounded !!!!!
So I get to Havasu and walk across the street to the CHP that lives on my block.......He says.........I wouldn't even know how to write that ticket......
So we look it up in th Vech Code.....yep.....my truck is 2" too high.......
My CHP buddy says......Take a pic of the VIN showing the Vech weight and send in a copy of the Vech Code that shows your GVW is over the stated weight for that frame height and should be considered in the next class up.......and see what happens.......
It's not a fix-it ticket.......and I'm not going to lower my truck.......so I pay the couple hundred dollar fine.....attach the info to plead my case.....Never heard a thing......Now I roll the dice each time I take to 40.......
Oh....and the only thing I say.....as I still want to be polite....is......
"Have you seen some of the trucks that come through here ???? and you want to pull "ME" over for being too high.........My Excursion is only 10" over stock.......Some of those crazy guys are 3' over stock.......
So now I either take the 40 and roll the dice that "Star Student" is not working......or take my chances on Rice Road.......
Brother!!!!
Later,
CJG
:yuk:

Hallett19
07-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Assuming he got you on radar, not many chippies will tag radar while in motion, so if he was stationary and got you at 93, you were going 93. The radars are extremley accurate and have a recall so see the highest speed measured.
In all honesty, if you are speeding and you get pulled over, dont say you were going 10 mph under what you know you were going when asked or give some mickey mouse excuse, that is the most surefire way of getting a ticket. Let him ask you the questions and be honest !!

C-2
07-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Not to argue with anybody, but my obseravtions on this thread:
CHP also shoot forward facing radar while moving.
I got nailed at 95, but CHP only wrote 85 so I could go to traffic school.
CHP said he had a Sleekcraft, but I didn't hold that against him.
On that County seat thing.....there is only one county seat (capital city) per county.

dc96819
07-08-2005, 02:39 AM
I got caught comming down the 10 from Rice rd at 70.
My ticket dident say anything about traffic school.Paid $194
Soon as i left he pulled another guy over.Like a cat in a bird cage :eat:

Beer-30
07-08-2005, 07:20 AM
There are no more county seats.
All CA courts went Superior.

RUCAV
07-08-2005, 03:50 PM
There are no more county seats.
All CA courts went Superior.
Whatever you want to call the headquarters for the county. In Orange County Law Enforcement, regardless of having any more municipal courts, we still have Santa Ana as our county seat. Maybe it has a new name, but its the same.

Beer-30
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Whatever you want to call the headquarters for the county. In Orange County Law Enforcement, regardless of having any more municipal courts, we still have Santa Ana as our county seat. Maybe it has a new name, but its the same.
That's just the technical aspect of it. There are "technically" no more county seats.