View Full Version : Did anybody hear about someone getting killed in a 26 Cat?

Sandbar Mike
07-07-2005, 06:32 AM
I'm just wondering if its true, has anybody herd this?
DCB26 w/twin outboards at a high rate of speed 100+ dipped a sponson in rough water and killed the passenger. A good friend of mine told me this yesterday. Any truth to this

Havasu_Dreamin
07-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Where and when? Nothing like that happend in Havasu over the 4th to the best of my knowledge.

BoatFloating
07-07-2005, 08:41 AM
I also didn't hear of any deaths in Havasu this past weekend...

Kachina26
07-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Any truth to this
I hope not

Beer-30
07-07-2005, 09:18 AM
It was Havasu awhile back. Maybe a few months ago. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Sandbar Mike
07-07-2005, 10:59 AM
It was Havasu awhile back. Maybe a few months ago. I'll see if I can find the thread.
I herd it was a while back.

phebus
07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
A while back, some guys stole a Cheetah (I think that's what it was) and stuffed it, killing one person on board. Alcohol related.

Jrocket
07-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I didnt hear anything.......whats up with the thumbs up deal? http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

dimarcobros
07-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I didnt hear anything.......whats up with the thumbs up deal? http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
I was thinking the same thing. :confused:
DMB

Cole
07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
sure he met thumbs down....ya would think

BoatPI
07-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Nothing I have heard of recently. It could be the old news of the "stolen" Cheatah.

UnionJack
07-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Maybe you are talking about the DCB F34 that was cut off last 4th of july?

BoatPI
07-07-2005, 02:21 PM
No one was killed in the DCB rollover last year off of Site 6. I worked that claim.

UnionJack
07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I didn't say anyone died!

Sandbar Mike
07-07-2005, 03:53 PM
No thumbs up about it, must of hit it on normal reaction.

Kilrtoy
07-07-2005, 06:11 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That was not me who ran over the skier just outside of the channel on sunday and split leaving the dude with his legs sawed off....
I'll explain more in a Few...going to get food
I do have the details cus the cops grabbed me and at first thought I did it.....

Jrocket
07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
No thumbs up about it, must of hit it on normal reaction.
Thats it! No more drinking and posting for you Force boy.. :p

Charley
07-07-2005, 07:09 PM
leave it to a Force guy to confuse a cheetah and a DCB :D

CornWater
07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Tomato Tomaato.... :D

Charley
07-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Tomato Tomaato.... :D
excursion/pathfinder :hammerhea

Sandbar Mike
07-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Well they look the same! :D

andy01
07-08-2005, 07:23 AM
That was not me who ran over the skier just outside of the channel on sunday and split leaving the dude with his legs sawed off....
I do have the details cus the cops grabbed me and at first thought I did it.....
Well what's the story? You must be haveing one long ass dinner!

Jrocket
07-08-2005, 07:54 PM
You done eating yet?

Kilrtoy
07-08-2005, 09:47 PM
You done eating yet?
NOPE :D

Kilrtoy
07-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Oh I forgot to get back to the story....
I was putting my boat away on the 4th of July around 6PM. I was at my storage unit when a park ranger drove by, stopped, then backed up. I thought to myself, wow whats up. Then another one code 3 then another one, then H.P.D...
They asked the wife to open the gate and she said she didnt know the code she would have to ask me. That is when a park ranger jumped the fence and ran in and started yelling at her. So she said I dont know the FOCKing code ask him, so the guy came up and was pissed and said open the gate now. So I stopped and opened it and they all came in. I asked whats going on and they said a orange cat with twin outboards was in an accident.
I said I wasnt in any accident, check the boat out. So he called the cops on the water and I heard him say he had me detained. They then said it was a cat, orange and blue with twin outboards.... DAMN, I was the only one out there like that....
He then said over the radio to the cops on the water, it has painted outboards that are white and blue to match the boat. He is with two women and 2 kids.... The other person came back over the radio and said the witness said its white with blue and orange, but the outboards are BLACK and it was 4 guys with the driver big and bald....
So they took my info. I asked what happened. They said someone was skiing just outside the break water at the channel N/S a cat came out of the channel and ran over a downed skier and he got his leg cut off......
So I explained that I was in the nature preserve(last years OP6) with a group of people, I left there hung on the cali shore line all the way back and pulled out at the nautical. I was never near the channel...
So they took off and kept searching....
I was worried for a second....those painted outboards saved my ass... There were only a hand full of outboards and mine was the only orange cat...
Now I saw the boat they are talking about.....
BUT it is not a cat, it is a 25 or so v-hull with twin 2.5's and it had the 4 dudes on it with a bald dude who was big......it was white and almost all orange...I saw this boat the next day....

DryHeatOnly
07-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Damn that sucks Miguel :(
I'll bet that got the heart pumping a little faster.
Too bad for the skier. I always wonder why people ski and tube right around there. Boats are usually in a hurry in both directions.

Kachina26
07-09-2005, 05:04 AM
My heart is pounding just hearing the story! Glad to hear you came out ok. I don't understand the desire to ski in wide open choppy water. We always hunted out a nice cove for that stuff, or went out early since Havasu doesn't calm down at dusk.