PDA

View Full Version : Summer. A bummer?

Mandelon
07-07-2005, 09:22 AM
I am jealous of my wife and kids. Off I go to work every morning to do my thing while the wife and kids hang out by the pool, go to the beach, SeaWorld etc.
Hardest part of their day is deciding what to make for lunch or finding a parking space close to the water.....
Lucky.
I am glad they have it so good. Its my job to take care of them. But still, I am just a bit jealous. :hammerhea

Boozer
07-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I am jealous of my wife and kids. Off I go to work every morning to do my thing while the wife and kids hang out by the pool, go to the beach, SeaWorld etc.
Hardest part of their day is deciding what to make for lunch or finding a parking space close to the water.....
Lucky.
I am glad they have it so good. Its my job to take care of them. But still, I am just a bit jealous. :hammerhea
Well look at it on the flip side.
As a kid I NEVER seen my father. He left for work before the sun went up and got home well after the sun went down. This happened 6 days a week so he spent his day off usually out working on the house catching up on everything he had to get done.
You'd think working all of those hours he'd be able to provide a good living for his family. Sadly, even though he worked 80+ hours a week we didn't have the money to go to Sea world, The Beach, The mall, etc. Lunches were likely a bologana sandwich and Top Ramen because we couldn't afford anymore then that. Having McDonalds for dinner was like a fine delicasy <sp> for us kids.
So think about it. You are a VERY fortunate man. You do work hard and you don't get to spend the time that you'd like to neceassarily but you get the comfort of knowing your kids and wife have it good REAL good. Not to mention the time you do get to spend with your family is very nice because you have the money available to do nice enjoyable things with them.
I hope that if and when I ever decide to have a family I can be as fortunate as you Mandy.

Phat Matt
07-07-2005, 09:32 AM
I will help her if you take care of me too. I will drop them off and look for the parking spot so they don't have to walk far. :)

Her454
07-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Very well put Boozer, excellent points.

lucky
07-07-2005, 09:34 AM
no shiat mandy -- i hear ya -- some times I wish i could give her the rest of the package - not just my balls !!!!

OutCole'd
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm not looking to get married, but will you be my sugar daddy?

SummitKarl
07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Lucky.
I gota go with Boozer on this one,
but hey you could always take all that SD equity, and cash out here in the slew and join your family on the lake for lunch :D

Dave C
sugar daddy.......
I hope she remembers you on march 15 or whatever day that is (Steak & BJ day)

Phat Matt
Yeah, well I am a little jealous of this guy. He eats good (always get's a little of our dinner), sleeps all damn day, doesn't have to clean up, gets to go to the river and pretty much everywhere we go and it doesn't cost him shit. Spoiled dog.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC00572.jpg

Mandelon
07-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Well look at it on the flip side.
As a kid I NEVER seen my father. He left for work before the sun went up and got home well after the sun went down. This happened 6 days a week so he spent his day off usually out working on the house catching up on everything he had to get done.
You'd think working all of those hours he'd be able to provide a good living for his family. Sadly, even though he worked 80+ hours a week we didn't have the money to go to Sea world, The Beach, The mall, etc. Lunches were likely a bologana sandwich and Top Ramen because we couldn't afford anymore then that. Having McDonalds for dinner was like a fine delicasy <sp> for us kids.
So think about it. You are a VERY fortunate man. You do work hard and you don't get to spend the time that you'd like to neceassarily but you get the comfort of knowing your kids and wife have it good REAL good. Not to mention the time you do get to spend with your family is very nice because you have the money available to do nice enjoyable things with them.
I hope that if and when I ever decide to have a family I can be as fortunate as you Mandy.
Thanks Boozer, this is kinda what I was hoping to get in a response. You are right on. I appreciate your insight.

Mandelon
07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah, well I am a little jealous of this guy. He eats good (always get's a little of our dinner), sleeps all damn day, doesn't have to clean up, gets to go to the river and pretty much everywhere we go and it doesn't cost him shit. Spoiled dog.
C'mon Matt, that dog is a hostage. You know it. :p

Phat Matt
07-07-2005, 09:45 AM
C'mon Matt, that dog is a hostage. You know it. :p
Yeah, to take that pic I had to tranquilize him and prop the pillow under his head. :p He didn't move for 3 days.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey, I've got your wife's job for the last six years and, let me tell you, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. ;)
my wife is a stay-at-home mom. She busts her ass to care for my two kids. and yes, there are perks as Mandy pointed out. But I know for damn sure i couldn't do as good of a job with my kids as my wife does....
although i do love to bust her chops when i come and say "so honey, how was the park today?"

PHX ATC
07-07-2005, 09:52 AM
That's what I'm going to do in retirement. :p

Kim Hanson
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Lucky.
It's the life of a Father Mandy, I go to work every morning at 6:00am and get home anytime 5-6:00 everyday...sometimes alot later then that,.1-3 in the AM, shit happen's in the patch and you have to stay out and get it done!
My girls just are starting to ask me how do you do it ? Working in 25-35C weather with fire proof coveralls ( it's like wrapping your body with garbage bags and tapeing off all openings :jawdrop: ) I just say to them you get use to it and I make really good money doing it!
My wife works..sort of, she is in a nice air conditioned office and works 8 hrs a day doing computer work...its hard she told me :D I fix their puters when they screw them up :D ..hard --okay I believe ya honey!
All my kids work now and they see the things you give up cause you have to work, I have tried to make any function that my kids are in ! Sometimes it doesn't happen and then you are sitting one day looking around and it hits you, they are all grown up now :jawdrop: My youngest Jenna is turning 17 soon and then Amanda 18 and Aleasha 20!
My kids will not touch McDonalds, Dairy Queen ,A&W..etc. no fast food for them, so its really costly taken them all out for any meals..breakfasts usually cost me 60-80 bucks...the rest are way up there! Its good to see them not like garbage food though, I don't touch it either!
I know about getting home from work and doing all the yard work also, its a mans job to do it...I was told :frown: I still would never change what I have for anything....I see this pillow my daughter gave me for my puter chair and I think its totally true....
Any Man
can be a Father,
but it takes
someone special
to be a DAD!
Its a guys job in life to sacrifice for the good of his family Mandy, I just wish I lived in warmer conditions, winter is really bad for me! I suck it up and move along as best I can and still have time to talk on alot of forums and piss alot of people off in my relax time!
The best thing I did was get my family into boating, $$$$ ya...but a day on the water is pricless for me! They will all own boats I just know it, I usually get asked everyday if we have time to take one of the boats out to go tubing! I wanted to teach them the peace and tranquility of the water and how to use it for fun and relaxation. I have done something right for 3 girls that are going out into the realworld soon and have to pay all themselfs and Aleasha has told me " How Do You Do It Everyday " ! I feel sorry for the new husbands that my girls get :D .........( . )( . )........
I have to go fix my trim on the OB and cut the grass now, later..

76ANTHONY
07-07-2005, 05:19 PM
yup, dad worked hard so i do to. if i could afford my better half to stay home she would. in about 6 months were gonna try it. shes been the best. she gets home from work and cooks and honeslty, every day she asks, do you need anything, man that hits the spot. i think she deserves it. :idea: :D :D

JetBoatRich
07-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Lucky.
Jealous :hammerhea I guess that is a good word for it :eek: My family has the same problem :2purples: hitting the beach, Knotts, etc while we head off into the sunrise for work :2purples:
They sure are lucky :cool:

Boozer
07-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Jealous :hammerhea I guess that is a good word for it :eek: My family has the same problem :2purples: hitting the beach, Knotts, etc while we head off into the sunrise for work :2purples:
They sure are lucky :cool:
I've met your family and I can tell you that you are doing a hell of a job with them. Keep up the hard work, from what I could tell it's well worth it and I'm sure the kids will be very grateful for it when they are old enough to realize just what a good job you did.

JetBoatRich
07-07-2005, 06:04 PM
I've met your family and I can tell you that you are doing a hell of a job with them. Keep up the hard work, from what I could tell it's well worth it and I'm sure the kids will be very grateful for it when they are old enough to realize just what a good job you did.
Thanks I appreciate the kind words :rolleyes: they are keepers :D

TCHB
07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
My wife has done both at home with the kids and now working in the competive business world. She looks back and has said it is much easier being a stay at home mom. My secretary has three kids and works full time to pay for private school, she is one busy lady doing double duty.

Kilrtoy
07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Hardest part of her day is.........................................
Keeping me a secret from you....I hate damn rubbers....

CornWater
07-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Keeping me a secret from you....I hate damn rubbers....
The coveted.... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

djunkie
07-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey I have something that is just as spoiled as your dog. Free food, on me. Free trips to the river. Get's ALMOST what ever she wants. Hell she even gets to drive my boat. (only when I've been drinking of course) Here she is.....my girlfriend....LOL!!!!!! :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6749720x540_ACF28A.jpg

termiteguy
07-07-2005, 08:42 PM
the next time you go to the river stop in a cove with the wife and kids on the boat shut it off sit on the swimsteps let the kids jump into the water look at the wife and just remember why you do it every day all day ..............works for me
every time im there no matter how bad of aweek i have had :D

jeepinscott
07-08-2005, 08:10 AM
I hear ya Dick, all this work while the family is home is killing me! I have to work 2 days this month, not sure how I'm gonna handle it. Next week it's lake powell, then the two days before a week or so at the beach.

2Driver
07-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Lucky.
That's a good note...it is good to be jealous that means you want to be there with them and have a pretty nice Family thing going on. Cool thing is to jam on the investments and get there with them. I planned to and did end my career at 45 after a great job (Still close to my friends at the company). But I can tell you it is cool to be with my family and choose my time. You'll get there. Stay healthy while you are working on it though!