PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Titan/Armada (Brakes)

HCS
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
The updates are in. I know there's a few owners on here.
So far so good, no comebacks with the new set up.
Get in line if you own one. Were pumpin them out as fast as we can.
Were taking names and lining them up!

phebus
07-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Out of curiosity, what does the upgrade consist of?

76ANTHONY
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
i'd really like to know what it is, i worked for nissan and they went through three for sure cures and none of them worked and i had a lot of pissed customers. :idea: :confused:

cyclone
07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
We said screw it and went with a Stillen big brake kit on our Titan. Stops on a dime even when towing now and no more warped rotors.

boxscore
07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
On my third go-round with my Titan brakes. The last two trips they replaced rotors as well. Each time I was told "the new kit will fix the problem".....so far, they are full of shit each time they told me that. So far, rotors have warped every 6000 miles.

HCS
07-07-2005, 02:07 PM
On my third go-round with my Titan brakes. The last two trips they replaced rotors as well. Each time I was told "the new kit will fix the problem".....so far, they are full of shit each time they told me that. So far, rotors have warped every 6000 miles.
Nissan engineers narrowed it down to a brake pad composition problem. Any fixes done in the past were temporary. In the past 6 months if any dealer told you that you were getting an updated set of brakes basically they were wrong.
They were cutting the rotors and replacing the pads with the original equipment to get customers by until Nissan came out with a fix.
Nissan engineers our pretty sure they've nailed it down to pads composition. If your rotors are cut to 24.5 thick or less (which is almost new) they are being replaced with new rotors, front pads, and rear pads.
If the rotors are at 24.5 or more you should get new pads, front and rear.
These parts came available approx. 1 month ago.
Part#'s are as follows.
Rotors 40206-ZC01A
Frt pads 41060-ZC025
Rear pads 44060-ZC025
Pull your prior work orders and see if these are the parts used.
If not you don't have the latest update. Complain of brake shimmy and go back.
We haven't had any problems yet :squiggle: with the new set up.
Or replace everything with Stillen brakes like mentioned above.
www.stillen.com

*!Ken's Wife!*
07-07-2005, 02:19 PM
My step-dad will be soooo happy to hear THIS news!! He lemon lawed his '04 3 months ago!!!

JennyG
07-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Im bacckkkkkk

HCS
07-07-2005, 02:32 PM
My step-dad will be soooo happy to hear THIS news!! He lemon lawed his '04 3 months ago!!!
I know it's a hassle to keep taking your vehicle in to get the brakes fixed but why go lemon law? The repairs are free.
Unless you have lots of other issues.
He is not the only one though. For Nissans sake they better have the problem fixed this time around.

*!Ken's Wife!*
07-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I know it's a hassle to keep taking your vehicle in to get the brakes fixed but why go lemon law? The repairs are free.
Unless you have lots of other issues.
He is not the only one though. For Nissans sake they better have the problem fixed this time around.
No kidding!! He got a newer one. He absolutely loves it, and I think they got everthing handled.
It was his rotors as well I guess. He just got tired of taking it in every two weeks.