PDA

View Full Version : Hook up on billet speaker covers

Tunnel Vision
07-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Who's got the best price & quality on Billet speaker grills. :idea:
My 6.5"s are covered, butttttt my subs have no grills and if your 2-1/2 years old and under the bow do you have any idea how fun it is to poke little 3/8" holes in them!!! Shiot! :D
But at least he was not the one that put all the dents in the cones, he said "thats the way they were" !Shiot! :hammer2:
So I might as well by matching grills for all of them.
TV :mad:

riverbound
07-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Krumbsnatcher.....is Jeff from xaidiocovers.

BADASS38CHEVY
07-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Try these. http://www.ronscustomdetail.com/stereogrills.html

BADASS38CHEVY
07-07-2005, 08:06 PM
And this one. http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/home.php

Krumbsnatcher
07-08-2005, 10:56 AM
And this one. http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/home.php
Old site here is our new one, we have em all in stock ready to go! HOt boat members get free powdercoating.
Just call Holly 949.233.1450
www.xaudiocovers.com

Krumbsnatcher
07-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Krumbsnatcher.....is Jeff from xaidiocovers.
thanks for the rep! www.xaudiocovers.com

riverbound
07-08-2005, 11:15 AM
thanks for the rep! www.xaudiocovers.com
Hey jeff,
I talked to Dave @ AL& Eds about the ipod holders a while ago. Can you PM me info on them? I need 2 of them in polish. I need to know how much and what else I need to mount them. They both will go in boats and stay in there.
Bill

Tunnel Vision
07-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Old site here is our new one, we have em all in stock ready to go! HOt boat members get free powdercoating.
Just call Holly 949.233.1450
www.xaudiocovers.com
Can I order polished with clear powder coat?
Polishing all the time really sucks! :hammer2:
TV

Magic34
07-20-2005, 08:46 AM
TV
You would be better off polishing them and doing a quick "flash" (.001) of clear anodize. It will dull it a little, but still have about 90% of the polished look while getting the protected feel you are going for.

Tunnel Vision
07-21-2005, 09:22 AM
You would be better off polishing them and doing a quick "flash" (.001) of clear anodize. It will dull it a little, but still have about 90% of the polished look while getting the protected feel you are going for.
Macic34, what don't you like about clear powder? Just curious; I use it in my bussiness all the time with great success.
My experience with anodizing has not been a pleasent one, on my DCB the outboard bracket looks like hell, and I believe it was polished and clear ano'd when new.
I did buy the boat used from a HB board member that used it in havasu & Parker so I will have to just work with it, Damn you guys have some hard water down there!
The anodizing makes it so hard, nothing I have found will even touch it to clean the water spots off or white discoloration!
I'm all ears if you have a better idea though... :idea:
TV

Krumbsnatcher
07-21-2005, 11:03 AM
TV
Remember this aluminum is T6061 that has been cut and colored and polished with a fine jewelers rouge. What this means is that the part has been ultrasound cleaned and has mirror polish and is free from any dirt and rouge when installed. So basically you are dealing with a mirror finish, the only cleaning needs be a soft cloth rag and a little moisture. The same holds true for any painted surface such as powdercoating.
We have customers ranging from Florida to Newyork to Havasu that run polish and have no complaints. Also remember that your speaker grills are not being exposed to direct contact of the water surface.
Either way you Clear Anno or Powder Coat, or just go with a polish they all require the same amount of care to avoid water spots. We offer our customers a repolish including scratches for a minimal fee, so far no one says they need em touched up.
Go Figure!

Magic34
07-21-2005, 12:50 PM
We have customers ranging from Florida to Newyork to Havasu that run polish and have no complaints. Also remember that your speaker grills are not being exposed to direct contact of the water surface.
This would be my advice overall. If it remains polished (not PC or anodized) you can always repolish it to make it brighter or better. Once you do any other finish, you can't do that.
All of my stuff on my boat is polished, and I can always make it look new if need be.
You can have stuff repolished for just a few bucks, and it will look new after $10 in 2 years. :cool:

essexjet
07-21-2005, 01:15 PM
This would be my advice overall. If it remains polished (not PC or anodized) you can always repolish it to make it brighter or better. Once you do any other finish, you can't do that.
All of my stuff on my boat is polished, and I can always make it look new if need be.
You can have stuff repolished for just a few bucks, and it will look new after $10 in 2 years. :cool:
My stuff still shines ;)

RiverDave
07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
If you ever run in salt water, or keep the boat within 10 miles of the ocean, you mind as well have it "flash" annodized, or clear annodized. There is (even at the river) corrosive elements in the water that will attack polished aluminum over time. As pointed out, polished is kind of a bitch to maintain, but it's easily repolished at a later date. If your annodizer is worth his salt, and the color isn't to UV sensitive (red is the worst from what I've been told) then it should hold up for alot of years before needing any real maintenance other then standard wipe downs.
RD

Tunnel Vision
07-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Each one of you make a very good point.
Me being the dumb ass I just ordered new set polished wheels for my dually because the clear coat and chromed aluminum wheels get trashed from the sand salt solution they put on our mountain passes around here in the winter and I wanted to be able to repolish if needed... don't know what I was thinking when I asked the question :hammerhea
Thanks again....
TV

Krumbsnatcher
07-22-2005, 07:38 AM
If you ever run in salt water, or keep the boat within 10 miles of the ocean, you mind as well have it "flash" annodized, or clear annodized. There is (even at the river) corrosive elements in the water that will attack polished aluminum over time. As pointed out, polished is kind of a bitch to maintain, but it's easily repolished at a later date. If your annodizer is worth his salt, and the color isn't to UV sensitive (red is the worst from what I've been told) then it should hold up for alot of years before needing any real maintenance other then standard wipe downs.
RD
Hey why don't you post some pics of your new bezel's?

RiverDave
07-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Hey why don't you post some pics of your new bezel's?
Gauge Bezels? :)
RD

Krumbsnatcher
08-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Gauge Bezels? :)
RD
The ones i saw at Magic!!!!

pixilatedpussy
08-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Who's got the best price & quality on Billet speaker grills. :idea:
My 6.5"s are covered, butttttt my subs have no grills and if your 2-1/2 years old and under the bow do you have any idea how fun it is to poke little 3/8" holes in them!!! Shiot! :D
But at least he was not the one that put all the dents in the cones, he said "thats the way they were" !Shiot! :hammer2:
So I might as well by matching grills for all of them.
TV :mad:
Xtreme audio covers did ours!! They look bitchen!! Love them!!! :D :D :clover:

Southwest47
08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
I just received my Xtreme Audio Covers (tribal) yesterday. Installed them in about 20 minutes, and they look awesome. Holly gave me great deal, and they shipped fast too. Very happy!!

Krumbsnatcher
08-24-2005, 08:57 AM
I just received my Xtreme Audio Covers (tribal) yesterday. Installed them in about 20 minutes, and they look awesome. Holly gave me great deal, and they shipped fast too. Very happy!!
Glad you are happy with the covers, how about some pics?

RiverDave
08-24-2005, 12:31 PM
The ones i saw at Magic!!!!
You saw something at magic? ;) :D
RD