PDA

View Full Version : Lamaze Classes

sigepmock
07-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Wife and I are getting to that time to sign up for Lamaze/Birthing classes. We have heard of a Weekend Retreat type class in Palm Springs or something like that but I can't find any info. Any body know of anything like this or where to look for this info?
Thank you,
Chris

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Try your hospitals website or palm springs web

Mrs. casean
07-08-2005, 08:13 AM
I like that idea Chris! I'll have to find out from you if you do it how it was... sound much more relaxing... and why not get away for a couple days! Good luck!! It's getting closer!! :D

Chris Winn
07-08-2005, 09:30 AM
we just had a boy about 3.5 months ago, this is my opinion, so please take it at that but i felt that i would have rather watched the video (there is one available) or bought the book as the class was rather long and boring...
i took mine at CHOC in Orange
just my .02 worth....
congrats it really is fun being a dad

topless
07-08-2005, 09:54 AM
When I had my kids, my hubby wouldn't go so I did without. Personally, I think those classes are just another way to get your money. I did fine both times and with no drugs either.

bunny 166
07-08-2005, 10:35 AM
If it's your first, I would go. You never know what to expect....
I would definitely have the Mrs. take a breastfeeding class--that was the most informative for me and helped alot. Good luck with the new little one and keep us posted... :D :clover:

28Prowler525
07-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Wife and I are getting to that time to sign up for Lamaze/Birthing classes. We have heard of a Weekend Retreat type class in Palm Springs or something like that but I can't find any info. Any body know of anything like this or where to look for this info?
Thank you,
Chris
Call the Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce

76ANTHONY
07-08-2005, 10:44 AM
if you want im in the area i'll call a couple people and see for you?

Wally_Gator
07-08-2005, 01:43 PM
If you aer going to deliver at San Antonio, the classes there are not too bad.
But the LDRP rooms there aer the Shiznit...

C-2
07-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Are you talking about Lamaze only, or birthing/parenting classes? The video itself made me wanna run to the hills - way too much polyster for me. WTF is a "doula" lol
We're glad we went to birthing classes and Lamaze, especially since "we" were expected to know how to breathe during labor. Would have felt like a dumbass without.
Personally I think it would be a lot of info to consume and digest in one weekend - as others have said, you learn about a lot of different items.
In the classes, you get to ask all the stupid questions you feel to stupid to ask elsewhere. Ask anybody. :D :D :D

It's all Good
07-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Our classes were at Irvine Medical Center. We did not get much from the Lamaze/Birthing classes. The instructors were very anti-epidural, promoting a drug-free labor.
My wife hadn't ever taken a CPR class before, and they offered a intro to Infant CPR which was beneficial. After our children were born they had Lactation Consultants available, huge help.

sigepmock
07-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I think we want to do the classes just to get an idea of what to expect. My wife and I are fast learners, pretty busy, and kind of like fast paced classes, we get bored easily :D . If we can't find the Weekend class we'll try the regular classes. We are supposed to deliver at San Antonia in Upland, so maybe we'll just take their classes.
Thanks for all the info,
Chris

Wally_Gator
07-08-2005, 04:27 PM
As soon as you go in for delivery ask for the LDRP room...
My wife delivered our daughter there 2 years ago and it was great. The nurses know their stuff there. We should know 14 trips before the actual event...

Kilrtoy
07-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Waste of money...BIG TIME WASTE OF MONEY.....
When the shit gets started all that crap goes out the window.....
The wife delivers the little critters for a living. Save your cash and put it in the boat.....

99 232 baja
07-08-2005, 04:58 PM
went to both classes over three weekends ,and on the day of delivery we rushed to the hospital,then the wife decided to get the shot and after that the boy just shot out. did not use anything I learned in class ,it happen to fast.

cdog
07-08-2005, 05:02 PM
went to both classes over three weekends ,and on the day of delivery we rushed to the hospital,then the wife decided to get the shot and after that the boy just shot out. did not use anything I learned in class ,it happen to fast.
Hey Sam, Hows it going?