PDA

View Full Version : Right or Wrong?

topless
07-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Here's the deal
There is this lady who has been married to her 3rd husband for at least 3 years. She has 4 children with 3 different men and the baby is theirs together. They now are going to have a formal wedding in a Catholic church. Now remember they are already married. They send out wedding invitations and also send where they are registered so everyone can send gifts. I personally think it's wrong so I will not even go. What do you guys think?

Miss Perfect
07-08-2005, 10:07 AM
If she is on her 3rd husband how can she get married in a Catholic Church? Unless of course they all died :2purples:

dimarcobros
07-08-2005, 10:12 AM
If she is on her 3rd husband how can she get married in a Catholic Church? Unless of course they all died :2purples:
I was thinking the same thing. I think they are in it for the presents.
DMB

HCS
07-08-2005, 10:14 AM
It's right. Being married is a sacrament.

Roxysnow
07-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Who really cares? If that makes them happy, why not. Just don't bring a gift.

Mrs.Racer277
07-08-2005, 10:28 AM
That is what I was thinking????? :confused: :confused:

barbigrl
07-08-2005, 10:29 AM
I am with everyone on this....u can't get marriend in the church twice... THEY ARE GOING TO HELL!!!! :sqeyes:

Mrs. casean
07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Totally in it for the presents...why would you want to remarry in the church for your 3-4th marriage and register for gifts! She's all about new stuff!

mbrown2
07-08-2005, 10:31 AM
If that is right, then stroking off dogs is not wrong.....

WYRD
07-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Here's the deal
There is this lady who has been married to her 3rd husband for at least 3 years. She has 4 children with 3 different men and the baby is theirs together. They now are going to have a formal wedding in a Catholic church. Now remember they are already married. They send out wedding invitations and also send where they are registered so everyone can send gifts. I personally think it's wrong so I will not even go. What do you guys think?
Get her a box of fawkin condoms :crossx: :crossx:

Cole
07-08-2005, 10:32 AM
I am with everyone on this....u can't get marriend in the church twice... THEY ARE GOING TO HELL!!!! :sqeyes:
marriage is hell..so at least they will be ready!!! :devil:

HCS
07-08-2005, 10:35 AM
The Catholic church does not reconize marriage unless it's through the Catholic church.
All they have to do is file an annulment with the Catholic church and they will approve it.
I did the samething. Iv'e been married twice in the Catholic church.

Her454
07-08-2005, 10:37 AM
It they are getting married for family/religious reasons so the Catholic church acknowledges the marriage, then they should do it privately. Otherwise it sounds like they are doing it for the gifts. Either way, they should state "NO GIFTS PLEASE".
Tacky Tacky Tacky...... as for attending, I would go just for entertainment purposes, you never know what you'll see at a wedding like this. :D

Larry Nebb
07-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I would go myself.
Yes that is right, I would bring a cheep O gift, eat lots of food and drink lots of their booze. Oh, and I would get drunk and try to get buzy with the bridemaids (or any other chick with low selfestem) :D

HCS
07-08-2005, 10:42 AM
See you have to be Catholic to understand. You are never really married unless it's through the Catholic church.

NOTALENT
07-08-2005, 10:42 AM
The Catholic church does not reconize marriage unless it's through the Catholic church.
All they have to do is file an annulment with the Catholic church and they will approve it.
I did the samething. Iv'e been married twice in the Catholic church.
ding ding ding...we got a winner...as long as they get an annulment through the church and its approved...then they are able to get married there again.

MagicMtnDan
07-08-2005, 10:44 AM
They obviously like getting married having done it so many times. They feel the need to get married in the church (why they didn't do that the first time well, who knows?) so lettem.
Go, don't go, whatever you want to do is fine. If she/they're good friends I think you should go. As for presents, if you've already done that the first time they were married then I'd say a card congratulating them would be enough.

SummitKarl
07-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I would think they got married "civil" because the church would not allow a church wedding, and for some reason now the church is ok with it.(pennance paid) maybe?
if you attended and gave a gift at the civil wedding then (in my eye's) you have already given your gift to the marriage, and now they are asking that you come support this union in the House of God.
(disclaimer)
but what do I know I am not a religous person, but just incase I try to live by the 10 comandments

Wet Dream
07-08-2005, 10:45 AM
You forgot the third option....
WHO CARES?

HCS
07-08-2005, 10:45 AM
ding ding ding...we got a winner...as long as they get an annulment through the church and its approved...then they are able to get married there again.
That's why it's such a big deal. They are really going to be married!
Buy them gifts. It's a celebration!

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 11:17 AM
A question,
Did they get married spur of the moment in front of justice of peace or elope?
If so this would be considered their formal wedding, correct?
I would go and bring a gift.

Tom Brown
Who cares if they were married before or not? It's a celebration of family and friends. Isn't that all that matters?
I say it's falls under the umbrella of whatever the fock makes people happy is fine with me.
If you don't want to give a gift, don't. Just send them a congragulatory note mentioning the gift you got them when they got married the first time. ;)

Tom Brown
I would go and bring a gift.
You don't know anything about holding a grudge. :mad:

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 11:20 AM
You don't know anything about holding a grudge. :mad:
A grudge, what is that? mmm need to think.
Hell I do not do that I just avoid the situation and the peeps.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Robert Kennedy Jr. annulled his first marriage after 20+ years so he could marry some bimbo. His wife fought the annulment even though they were already divorced according to Massachusetts. She lost and now that means that since they were never married according to the church that his children are bastards since they were born out of wedlock. I can't imagine doing that to your kids to make your new wife happy.

Ziggy
07-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Not Catholic myself but if she is a good friend attend and bring a gift if you haven't earlier, otherwise a congratulatory card should suffice. Catholic weddings not good for my bad knee tho :jawdrop: :D
Do whats in your heart Ali.........

topless
07-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I forgot to elaborate. She is married to him already!!!!!!! She is also my boyfriends ex. They have one child together, she has 2 from her first marraige, and one with her CURRENT husband. I don't think since they are already married that they should be asking for gifts. The big wedding hoopla is fine but why the hell when you own a home, a harley, 2 new vehicles, are a stay at home mom with a shit load of kids, your husband doesn't think or need you to bring in extra income, would you just have another wedding AND ask for gifts???? :confused: Maybe I'm missing the point. I guess when I get married again I should have a wedding every 3 years to get new shit.

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Robert Kennedy Jr. annulled his first marriage after 20+ years so he could marry some bimbo. His wife fought the annulment even though they were already divorced according to Massachusetts. She lost and now that means that since they were never married according to the church that his children are bastards since they were born out of wedlock. I can't imagine doing that to your kids to make your new wife happy.
Dang what a strange thing.
Not catholic so would not about these things, but that sucks.

Ziggy
07-08-2005, 01:03 PM
I forgot to elaborate. She is married to him already!!!!!!! She is also my boyfriends ex. They have one child together, she has 2 from her first marraige, and one with her CURRENT husband. I don't think since they are already married that they should be asking for gifts. The big wedding hoopla is fine but why the hell when you own a home, a harley, 2 new vehicles, are a stay at home mom with a shit load of kids, your husband doesn't think or need you to bring in extra income, would you just have another wedding AND ask for gifts???? :confused: Maybe I'm missing the point. I guess when I get married again I should have a wedding every 3 years to get new shit.
I got your point earlier.......... so just attend and wish them well with a pretty card. Their invites may be more generic for the masses and may not apply to all they invited.
If you don't care for them then skip it.
Don't stress about it.

Roxysnow
07-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Maybe they had a shotgun wedding and the husband promised her a real wedding? And here it is?

Boozer
07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Maybe they had a shotgun wedding and the husband promised her a real wedding? And here it is?
If my mom was jealous she'd of never posted this. She'd just show up to the wedding wearing army fatigues and carrying her 12 gauge.

Roxysnow
07-08-2005, 01:19 PM
If my mom was jealous she'd of never posted this. She'd just show up to the wedding wearing army fatigues and carrying her 12 gauge.
I didn't know Topless was your mom? I really thought you guys were dating because she always talker about "boozer"? My bad! :D :D

Tom Brown
07-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey Topless, maybe you can get the priest to put a hex on the couple?

AzLakeLizard
07-08-2005, 01:21 PM
YEPPERS!..My X did that for his New Bride because she wanted to whole church wedding and so now my 2 kids from that marriage "in the eyes of the church" are little bastardlings.. such a sweet guy.. :devil: but to top it off.. that marriage only lasted 3 years.. go figure.. and now his new Fiance is also Catholic! You would think the guy would have a clue by now. (he is not baptized catholic) :220v: I wish him good luck!

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 01:22 PM
YEPPERS!..My X did that for his New Bride because she wanted to whole church wedding and so now my 2 kids from that marriage "in the eyes of the church" are little bastardlings.. such a sweet guy.. :devil: but to top it off.. that marriage only lasted 3 years.. go figure.. and now his new Fiance is also Catholic! You would think the guy would have a clue by now. (he is not baptized catholic) :220v: I wish him good luck!
If he's not catholic then how is he able to do that?

AzLakeLizard
07-08-2005, 01:24 PM
If he's not catholic then how is he able to do that?
To get married to the second wife who was catholic "our" marriage had to be annulled and he had to go through classes before they got married. :cool:

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I say Go, take Larry Nebb as your date, Get Drunk, Get Loud & Obnoxious - dont bring a gift if you cant afford it, and make them all ashamed your Catholic. :rollside: Then just go to confession and it will all be better.

Boozer
07-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I didn't know Topless was your mom? I really thought you guys were dating because she always talker about "boozer"? My bad! :D :D
We are dating. :2purples:

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:29 PM
And she IS his mom. :D But thats ok, she's from Texas.

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 01:30 PM
To get married to the second wife who was catholic "our" marriage had to be annulled and he had to go through classes before they got married. :cool:
Oh ok, well that is something

Tom Brown
07-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I say Go, take Larry Nebb as your date, Get Drunk, Get Loud & Obnoxious - dont bring a gift if you cant afford it, and make them all ashamed your Catholic. :rollside: Then just go to confession and it will all be better.
This is currently being printed and will be stappled to my all time great post wall. :)
... that wall is right beside my pictures of Her454 wall... and altar/tissue dispenser.

HCS
07-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Topless,
Here's what I do for most wedding gifts.
Take your wedding invitation and frame it with a nice frame. I do it all the time as a wedding gift for people. They love it and it's an easy way out for you.
Tom

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:33 PM
This is currently being printed and will be stappled to my all time great post wall. :)
... that wall is right beside my pictures of Her454 wall... and altar/tissue dispenser.
I'm honored. (NOTICE I got it right this time and didnt post HORNY) :hammerhea

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Topless,
Take your wedding invitation and frame it with a nice frame. I do it all the time as a wedding gift for people. They love it and it's an easy way out for you.
Tom
Mental Note: never invite HCS; aka cheap bastard to my wedding LOL. :D

Tom Brown
07-08-2005, 01:36 PM
I'll bring a decent gift. :cool:
When is the date?

HCS
07-08-2005, 01:37 PM
That way when they get in a fight you have something to throw at each other.
LMAO. Pretty funny Traci. :D

Roxysnow
07-08-2005, 01:38 PM
And she IS his mom. :D But thats ok, she's from Texas.
Texas....Norco....What's the difference! :D

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I'll bring a decent gift. :cool:
When is the date?
As soon as he finishes with the Angelina Jolie Bitch. :D
LMAO. Pretty funny Traci. :D
Sorry, Im trying to quit. :rolleyes: :)

Tom Brown
07-08-2005, 01:40 PM
As soon as he finishes with the Angelina Jolie Bitch.
That could be a while. I hear she really puts out.

topless
07-08-2005, 01:44 PM
If Boozer's not good enough for his family how is he ever going to be good enough for anyone elses? We are a VERY tight family if ya know what I mean. :D

lucky
Here's the deal
by her a packet of condoems and a viberator :D

Her454
Then I wouldnt purchase it just yet. :rollside:

CandyA$$
LMAO!

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Lucky, are you just trying to make me feel needed? ......of all words for you to ****up.....shame on you.
CONDOMS. :rollside:

topless
Topless,
TomThat my dear is a great idea. I had one done for me when I was married and I loved it. :mix:

topless
Lucky, are you just trying to make me feel needed? ......of all words for you to mispell.....shame on you.
CONDOMS. :rollside:He meant condominium silly girl!

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:46 PM
That my dear is a great idea. I had one done for me when I was married and I loved it. :mix:
Kiss Ass. Yesterday you said you didnt even like HCS. :hammerhea

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 01:47 PM
my my my
Funny sh!t
I thought she was to get that at the bachorlete party

topless
07-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Kiss Ass. Yesterday you said you didnt even like HCS. :hammerheaBIG MOUTH :sqeyes:

HCS
07-08-2005, 01:48 PM
That my dear is a great idea. I had one done for me when I was married and I loved it. :mix:
Thank you. I have them done at a stain glass shop in these parts.
They come out very nice and it has it's own personal touch.
Tom

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:50 PM
BIG MOUTH :sqeyes:
Im sorry, I've been hanging out with Dia & Eddie too long. :jawdrop: :D

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Topless,
Tom
Are you serious people do this and the couple likes it?
Interesting

HCS
07-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Are you serious people do this and the couple likes it?
Interesting
It's actually very popular with the stain glass shop I go to.
Their usually back logged. :jawdrop: Takes about 3 weeks to get it done.
It works. ;)
No matter what Her454 says. :p

Red Horse
07-08-2005, 01:57 PM
If you have been married 3 times, have 4 kids then you have enough stuff already. It is her Ex that needs the gifts!!!!

topless
07-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Im sorry, I've been hanging out with Dia & Eddie too long. :jawdrop: :D
I noticed that :eek:

Her454
07-08-2005, 01:58 PM
No matter what Her454 says. :p
I've seen them, they are actually very nice. :D :D

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Think about it, They would probably already have the plans to do this. Why would someone give the gift of framing the invitation. Come one.
take a pic of your a$$ and give it to them, if that's they way you feel

lucky
07-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Lucky, are you just trying to make me feel needed? ......of all words for you to ****up.....shame on you.
CONDOMS. :rollside:
sorry i was just rolling one out for - of controversy ! :D my bad

Her454
07-08-2005, 02:05 PM
sorry i was just rolling one out for - of controversy ! :D my bad
Then please keep it in the Bench Racers as we are all about being Politically correct and morally social here and controversy is not allowed. :D

CandyA$$
07-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Then please keep it in the Bench Racers as we are all about being Politically correct and morally social here and controversy is not allowed. :D
LMAO!

FMluvswater
07-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm not so sure having a gift registry is a demand for gifts per se. Some people feel they absolutely have to bring a gift to a wedding and some people suck at thinking what to get the bride and groom; especially if it seems they already have everything. Having a gift registry helps everyone out, IMO. Less chance of the newly(re)weds having to bring stuff back or get stuck with dust collectors that they don't know what the hell to do with. Anyway I think doing what feels right to you is what matters if you usually bring a gift to a wedding then do it if it depends on whether you think they deserve one or not go by that or if you don't usually bring a gift then don't bring one. It isn't what they require of you but what you require of yourself that matters.
Apparently I had some loose change. :supp: .02.

HCS
07-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Yuk! Sounds like something my SIL would do. Buy me a real gift, cheapass. For Christmas one year, they gave us a framed picture from THEIR wedding. We paid for the picture in October, they framed it and gave it to us, that was our gift.
The next year, as a gag gift, we gave them a picture of us. My wife wouldn't let that be our only gift, but I was still pretty miffed from the year earlier. I think we bought them a microwave. :rolleyes:
Remember now, Topless didn't think is was right for them to ask for any gifts.
So I think it fits perfect. :D

piper
07-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Show up without a gift. They should have everything they need by now.

HCS
07-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I had a freind that didn't think it was right for only the women to get all that girlie stuff. So he ask his buddy's to get him stuff like a chain saw and tools and shit. He actually got one.

piper
07-08-2005, 03:47 PM
I had a freind that didn't think it was right for only the women to get all that girlie stuff. So he ask his buddy's to get him stuff like a chain saw and tools and shit. He actually got one.
Now that's a great idea. Why should the wife get all the gifts.

topless
07-08-2005, 03:47 PM
We already gave them a computer. Maybe we should go get it and wrap up real purrty for them. :idea: