Long Beach, CA (Invitational) OPC, I, I.E., PWR, Nost
Oct. 1 & 2 Bakersfield OPC, I, IE, Stock, Mod, Pro, Nost. PWR
Per Ross Wallach;
NOSTALGIA JET EXHIBITION RACE
APBA & SCSC General Rules
Required: Minimum of 5 Boats
Entry Fee: $80/day
plus APBA Membership fee (can apply
for Single Event rather than full membership)
plus club membership fee-$20/year.
Certified Life Jacket & Helmet,
boats to be in safety compliance,
No Jet-A-way required.
GPS- Contact Jim Best for GPS Spec
Max. Speed 80 MPH-
Nastalga Endurance Class
Rules of the class are; Per Jim Best
1) '87 or older, or a copy of
2) Orange Jacket
3) Orange Helmet
4) Kill switch
5) Max speed of 80.9mph
6) neck collar
7) Helmet restrieghts
8) Most have a GPS with a max speed censor
9) Any engine (ci) as many carbs as wanted
super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything
including Turbine engines
10) Rudder
11)Have fun
For schedule & Race
Information.visit http://www.scscracing.com/
Good Luck and I hope to see you there.
RW
Jim Best
(760) 868-6227 or
(626)353- 2561 or gn145@aol.com
http://www.scscracing.com/
http://www.apba-racing.com/Home.html

Danhercules
07-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Why would you wanna be there when you can be at the CBBB?!?!?!?!!?!?!? :hammer2:

flat broke
07-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Ya know.... It's funny. A couple of months ago, I could have swore someone made the suggestion that you try and get this going for the October race at Ming. :D
Hype the hell out of the October date is my advice (not that I'm biased towards the CBBB or anything ;) ) Lots of time for folks to get their stuff together like safety gear, changes for tech inspection etc. I'd be down, but with the 300 the weekend after, there's no way we're gonna risk something happening before then. It'd be bitchen to see MikeF go out there and anihilate <sp> everone with the Liberty.
Chris

MikeF
07-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Even though it is pretty much in line to race along those rules, I'm real sure it was not made to "continually" race any normal circle circuit. She was only built to break the existing record. We have seen what happens to those lightweight boats and I am not willing to loose her yet. :clover:
Jack's boat has held up very well for the amount of racing that it has seen! I'm sure there are a few other Liberty's out there that the same can be said, they're taking a little longer to surface out from under the covers.

lilrick
07-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm interested , how many boats are there so far?

Squirtin Thunder
07-10-2005, 03:36 AM
The deal is this; If we can get a min of Five boats we, jetters, can have our own class. I am shooting for the Ming race in Oct.

Squirtin Thunder
07-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Ya know.... It's funny. A couple of months ago, I could have swore someone made the suggestion that you try and get this going for the October race at Ming. :D
Hype the hell out of the October date is my advice (not that I'm biased towards the CBBB or anything ;) ) Lots of time for folks to get their stuff together like safety gear, changes for tech inspection etc. I'd be down, but with the 300 the weekend after, there's no way we're gonna risk something happening before then. It'd be bitchen to see MikeF go out there and anihilate <sp> everone with the Liberty.
Chris
So you are going to be involved in the Parker enduro, if you need any help please let me know !!!!

victorfb
07-10-2005, 10:12 AM
i know long beach would probably get the largest turnout for spectators, but i for one wouldnt run my boat in salt water, and am betting alot of other folks wouldnt either. back in the day race boats werent expected to last nor were they concidered classics, but for many of these old boats they are not replaceable as there are so many maunfacturers out of buisness. just my thoughts but i think they should hold these exhibition races in fresh water.