PDA

View Full Version : Water Rod C310

Phat Matt
07-08-2005, 06:20 PM
I just saw one at the gas station and it was big and ugly. It's looks like a new 31' cat. The back end looked like a big square box. I didn't have my camera or I would have taken some pics. Has anybody seen one of these before?

WILD LAVEY
07-08-2005, 06:22 PM
yeah, i saw a couple of those shoe boxes at mohave.

cc322
07-08-2005, 06:48 PM
That'sssssssss funny you said ROD :sqeyes:

Phat Matt
07-08-2005, 06:49 PM
That'sssssssss funny you said ROD :sqeyes:
http://www.texasultimate.org/userpictures/beavis.jpg

uvindex
07-08-2005, 07:06 PM
From the Water Rod site: "Imagine the Luxury of a Rolls Royce with the performance of a Ferrari. Beddingfield & Hill want you to experience that feeling on the water! So all WATER RODS are built with the most superior materials in the boating industry short of anyone! Technology equal and beyond everyone!"
Man, that is lame-o marketing writing if I've ever seen it!
(Something is either superior or it isn't, it can't be "most superior.)
(How can technology be "equal and beyond everyone?" It can be equal or it can be beyond but it can't be equal AND beyond! :))
LOL.

THATJEFFGUY
07-08-2005, 07:47 PM
You should drop by their "factory" on 9th Street over in San Bernarghetto(make sure you're packin'). Trust me...they definitely fit right in the neighborhood !

life's a river
07-08-2005, 07:53 PM
A wise man once told me that his boat's are built at the same shop as Aftershock.
LAR

Havasu Doug
07-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I just saw one at the gas station and it was big and ugly. It's looks like a new 31' cat. The back end looked like a big square box. I didn't have my camera or I would have taken some pics. Has anybody seen one of these before?
Matt, this is an older model, but I ran across a Water Rod at Lake Perris a couple of years ago.
http://www.havasudoug.com/images/rrl/rampmishap1.jpg

Sleek-Jet
07-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Special bonus points if anyone can name the board member standing in the foreground with a CL in his hand... :D

Havasu Doug
07-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Special bonus points if anyone can name the board member standing in the foreground with a CL in his hand... :D
Hint. He is not registered on this particular board, but has posted on a couple of others. :D

Phat Matt
07-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Matt, this is an older model, but I ran across a Water Rod at Lake Perris a couple of years ago.
I remember that pic. :)
I swear from the back the new looked as tall as it was wide. :yuk:

cc322
07-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I think their motto says it all:
"Be 1st - Be # 1 - Be A Winner, NO ONE BEATS US......PERIOD!!"
That explains why I see sooooooooooooo many of them out at the river ;)

HighRoller
07-08-2005, 09:15 PM
The Water Rod Cat is the AfterBirth...err...AfterShock cat. I hear Scooby's been workin overtime at the WaterDick factory putting out the 310. Apparently, this WaterJohnson model sports all the Luxury of a Hyundai with performance to match. And with custom engine packages, your new WaterPeter will go down more than Michael Jackson at Toys R Us.....

shadow
07-08-2005, 10:09 PM
That guy who owned that boat used to stay a few doors down from shokwavebob at bigbend in Parker.Name is Butch,that was the day of the first water test.Thats him standing on the dock with his hands in the air watching the guys from waterrod doing the water test.

ROZ
07-08-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that the boat would have prolly done better in the water test had it been in the water :D

Phat Matt
07-08-2005, 10:21 PM
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that the boat would have prolly done better in the water test had it been in the water :D
Roz, you are a very smart man. :)

Havasu Doug
07-08-2005, 10:44 PM
That guy who owned that boat used to stay a few doors down from shokwavebob at bigbend in Parker.Name is Butch,that was the day of the first water test.Thats him standing on the dock with his hands in the air watching the guys from waterrod doing the water test.
That's what I heard. The guy in the foreground of the pic met him in Parker within a week of this shot. He said he was a really cool guy, but my friend, also, told him of this pic being posted here. The pic, also, made the blooper section of Extreme Boats magazine in it's early days.

SHOTKALLIN
07-08-2005, 10:45 PM
There is a Water Rod 310 in this months Powerboat mag. It says it did 112.7 mph or something like that. It has twin TCM 800's. $297K is a lot of cheese for a Water Rod IMHO.

MagicMtnDan
07-08-2005, 11:09 PM
That's the "most unique" boat I've ever seen.
The brochure talks about the "self-launching feature that keeps the trailer looking immaculate for years. You'll see the envy on everyone's faces at the launch ramp when you drop your boat on the ramp and push the launch button which automatically moves your boat into the water."

dmontzsta
07-09-2005, 02:15 AM
That boat is so fast it cant wait to get on the water.

Biglue
07-09-2005, 05:59 AM
You all are some funny mofo's. I was just wonderng if they offer training for their launching approach? :2purples:

Sane Asylum
07-09-2005, 06:35 AM
So lemme see..........Those are magazine boat testers? (i'm implying professional here)...
I don't care who ya are....that's some........

bordsmnj
07-09-2005, 07:30 AM
leave it to a commander guy to start a thread like this,LOL. Does B&H really need picking on?
bords(further stiring the pot)mnj

riverbound
07-09-2005, 07:49 AM
I don't think the mags were testing it, I think it's the guys that built it water testing it before delivery.
:idea: If the manufacturer dropped my boat off the trailer at the launch ramp, Before I took delivery. You wouldnt see me standing there with my hands on my head. You would see e running to another boat builder. The guy actually took delivery of it after this?

Topock Junkie
07-09-2005, 07:51 AM
If you buy one those do you get a free DISGUISE.... What kind of name is WATER ROD. They should of called themsleves water jerks....

THATJEFFGUY
07-09-2005, 07:53 AM
leave it to a commander guy to start a thread like this,LOL. Does B&H really need picking on?
But it's OK...cuz he's soon to be an EX-Commander guy !

Topock Junkie
07-09-2005, 07:57 AM
But it's OK...cuz he's soon to be an EX-Commander guy !
That's even better than having an ex wife...

Phat Matt
07-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Of course everyone has their opinion on the Commander's, but I would say most people would agree the Commander's do look really good.
BTW, I also have an Eticket. :D

Topock Junkie
07-09-2005, 08:00 AM
So do bar sluts. How long do you keep them for....

bordsmnj
07-09-2005, 08:07 AM
LMFAO! you guys are killin' me :D

riverbound
07-09-2005, 08:09 AM
at least an evening ;)

Phat Matt
07-09-2005, 08:11 AM
This is my 4th and last season on this slut with no problems. I keep the bitch in check. ;)

SHOTKALLIN
07-09-2005, 08:11 AM
You leave them in the parking lot wet. :D

bordsmnj
07-09-2005, 08:12 AM
well,maybe not a whole evening :)

riverbound
07-09-2005, 08:16 AM
This is my 4th and last season on this slut with no problems. I keep the bitch in check. ;)
Gotta keep the pimphand strong :D

Phat Matt
07-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Gotta keep the pimphand strong :D
Exactly! (http://www.allwrong.com/pimp/main.html)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-09-2005, 08:32 AM
You should drop by their "factory" on 9th Street over in San Bernarghetto(make sure you're packin'). Trust me...they definitely fit right in the neighborhood !
:idea: MMMMMM dont know what to make of this commit :idea:

Biglue
07-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Exactly! (http://www.allwrong.com/pimp/main.html)
What are you going to ask for that puppy once you sell it MAtt?

Topock Junkie
07-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Just in ! The new name for Water Rod boats. SUCKA BOATS. New slogan. We guarantee to sucka you out yo money!!

Biglue
07-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Just in ! The new name for Water Rod boats. SUCKA BOATS. New slogan. We guarantee to sucka you out yo money!!
I checked out their website. Man dude they could use some guidance over there. I've seen a couple on the water that looked o.k. but never knew much about them. For an unkown builder they sure do thump their chest a whole lot.

Phat Matt
07-09-2005, 09:06 AM
What are you going to ask for that puppy once you sell it MAtt?
I am meeting a pre-approved buyer next week. I put it up for 50k and we agreed on 47k. If it doesn't go through, I'll let you know.

Biglue
07-09-2005, 09:07 AM
I am meeting a pre-approved buyer next week. I put it up for 50k and we agreed on 47k. If it doesn't go through, I'll let you know.
I own a 26 but I have a buddy who may be interested.

Phat Matt
07-09-2005, 09:09 AM
I own a 26 but I have a buddy who may be interested.
Cool. I don't think I'll have a problem selling it if it falls through. I have had lots of interested people without officially putting it up for sale. Just friends of friends who knew I was buying a new boat. :)

Biglue
07-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Cool. I don't think I'll have a problem selling it if it falls through. I have had lots of interested people without officially putting it up for sale. Just friends of friends who knew I was buying a new boat. :)
I agree. It's a good looking rig. How many hours do you have on it? What motor package?

6 Dollar Boat
07-09-2005, 09:24 AM
I saw 2 of those Water Rod 310's at the Dam Run, all I can say is they are UGLY. One of them had twins with the Volvo version of the Bravo 3, that should get him up to about 68 MPH. :( I'd rather have a pontoon boat, they look a lot sportier than the Water Runt.

cc322
07-09-2005, 09:27 AM
they are UGLY.
I think what you meant to say is they are FUGLY.....F....n ugly :D

Phat Matt
07-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I agree. It's a good looking rig. How many hours do you have on it? What motor package?
I have about 155 or so. It's has the 496 mag. I just had the bottom reglassed from beaching it and picked up a few mph. 2 peeps, one dog, lots of stereo, full tanks and I was close to 65. :)

Topock Junkie
07-09-2005, 10:32 AM
I've been thinking about this. I think I'd rather have a ski bob.

THATJEFFGUY
07-09-2005, 04:31 PM
:idea: MMMMMM dont know what to make of this commit :idea:
No hard feelings SYA, I just meant their "factory" looks just like the rest of the neighborhood...a friggin dump ! Hulls laying around in the parking lot...junk cars everywhere..you get the picture. Maybe I'll venture over that way later and take a couple of pics to clarify myself.

RP1
07-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Volvo version of the Bravo 3, that should get him up to about 68 MPH. :(.
And you know this how? Let me answer for you... you don't! I have personally been in a 28' cat @85 with a Volvo douprop. That thing comes out of the hole like a Jet.
No back to the Water Jockey... uuuuglyyy for sures.

BADASS38CHEVY
07-09-2005, 09:42 PM
That guy who owned that boat used to stay a few doors down from shokwavebob at bigbend in Parker.Name is Butch,that was the day of the first water test.Thats him standing on the dock with his hands in the air watching the guys from waterrod doing the water test.Kind of looks like there promoting there skid plates for when you beach one of there boats.

C-2
07-09-2005, 09:47 PM
How many builders use Volvo power.....

Kahuna
07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Eliminator

full throttle
07-10-2005, 10:29 AM
They look like they came from Virage plugs

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-10-2005, 11:34 AM
No hard feelings SYA, I just meant their "factory" looks just like the rest of the neighborhood...a friggin dump ! Hulls laying around in the parking lot...junk cars everywhere..you get the picture. Maybe I'll venture over that way later and take a couple of pics to clarify myself.
but of cource I have no hard feelings, I have been to there shop and know the area. I guess the shop is where they could put it. I would not buy a water rod because I like the BOAT I have. I think they are the old virage hulls that sold pretty good a few years back. I know a few other boat builders that lots also look like that :cool: but people still buy there boats huh Jeff LMAO. I just jump in here because I know the owners of the company and they seen to be selling a lot of boats to ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-11-2005, 07:52 AM
The new issue of Powerboat is raving about that new cat.
mmmm I dont get powerboat :D :D :notam:

CornWater
07-11-2005, 08:02 AM
we docked next to the owners at the damn run, and they seemed like a piece.. They pull into the docks (two different boats) no fenders, no one holding the boat, nothing.... just sitting there waiting, while their boats bounce of the rails from side to side.. :idea:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Why those sonabitches, letting their boats hit the dock........ :p
I'm sure you could have told them not to do that at anytime, they are good listeners, but the answer you would have got back would have been priceless :hammerhea

Havasu_Dreamin
07-11-2005, 09:20 AM
To the best of my knowledge B & H, Desert Thunder ( was Stealth), Genesis, and Laser all use the old Virage for their ~25 footers.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
To the best of my knowledge B & H, Desert Thunder ( was Stealth), Genesis, and Laser all use the old Virage for their ~25 footers.
there you have it