PDA

View Full Version : Stillhouse Hollow Resevoir, Belton, TX MAy 19-21

esabataj
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Ok Gang
Here we go again.
Stop #2 on the Texas tour if anyone is interested.
I've booked sites #1 and #2 May 19-21
We Stayed here last year and Stillhouse has the clearest water of anywhere we went.
Stillhouse Hollow Resevoir, Belton Texas
Dana Peak Park
Dana Peak Campground is located at Stillhouse Hollow Lake The lake offers a wide variety of recreation including: camping, water recreation, nature trails, hike/bike/equestrian trails, picnic facilities, pavilions for large groups, hunting, fishing and much more. The campground offers 25 sites with water and electric hook-ups. Additional amenities include restroom with showers, a swimming beach, a shelter, and a 4 lane boat ramp. For more information, contact 254-939-2461 or visit www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/stillhouse
Getting There
From I-35 in Belton, TX, take Highway 190 west to Simmons Rd exit. Cross under the highway and turn west on FM 2410. Turn south on Commanche Gap Rd and follow for 5 miles into the park.
Dana Peak
3740 FM 1670
BELTON TX 76513

Devilman
05-02-2006, 12:27 PM
You already know we're in.... :rollside: Site #4.... :cool:

Black1975
05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Here we go again, see ya at the next stop

Greaser
05-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Here we go again, see ya at the next stop
WTF!!!!!! Where did you come from??????LOL

Taylorman
05-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Can you guys give me your schedule of events so i can plan to meet up with you guys one weekend. The Olds has a woopin to put on esa. I have to plan ahead.
Thanks

esabataj
05-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Can you guys give me your schedule of events so i can plan to meet up with you guys one weekend. The Olds has a woopin to put on esa. I have to plan ahead.
Thanks
Better bring your lunch ROTFLMAO
3 weeks notice isn't enough for ya?
We're doing this year on the fly.
Have to talk to Dman. His is next @ Texanna in june sometime.

Taylorman
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Better bring your lunch ROTFLMAO
3 weeks notice isn't enough for ya?
We're doing this year on the fly.
Have to talk to Dman. His is next @ Texanna in june sometime.
I wish it was enough notice but since im building a workshop, building a house, expanding my trailer park, working at my regular job and keeping up with 3 women in my house, im stretched a little thin. Were is Texanna, and when is it? Where is Oldf**k?

esabataj
05-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I wish it was enough notice but since im building a workshop, building a house, expanding my trailer park, working at my regular job and keeping up with 3 women in my house, im stretched a little thin. Were is Texanna, and when is it? Where is Oldf**k?
Posted on ISL
Thought we would do a 4 day deal at the end of June at Brackenridge Park on Texana, but the campsite is damn near full except for a few crappy sites way out on the end.
However, June 8-11, the second week of June, they have several good campsites close together where everybody could hang out easily, like we did at Somerville.
My question is this: Would that be a good weekend for us to get together down here or too soon after the Stillhouse deal in May?
The sites book pretty fast, so whatchya'll think???
Pretty close to Edna, TX / Victoria, Tx area. Not very far from Houston (South East)

esabataj
05-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Taylorman
Here's what TJ had to say about Sommerville in April
He took me for a ride Sun. aft. We found some water with just a ripple on it. At about 35MPH he hammers it. That son-ofa-bitch was doin' 70+ so fast I got brain stretch. It ran great.
I would also like to say thanks to all the peeps that showed up. Especially OldBuck who taught me how to start my new motor when it's cold. I had an awesome time and really enjoyed seeing everyone and their boats.
We will be back at Yegua June 11 for 14 days. Also, on Canyon Lake at Potters Creek Park site #88 May 29 thru June 3. I hope some of you can make it. For those that were turned off by the rought water, the West end of Canyon is much smoother than down by the dam.

taylormanss
05-04-2006, 12:59 PM
let me know when you guys are gonna go to texanna ,maybe I will have my boat running by then.

Taylorman
05-04-2006, 01:02 PM
let me know when you guys are gonna go to texanna ,maybe I will have my boat running by then.
I think they are talking about June 8-11. I may try to go. Hows the boat coming? Got any new pics?

taylormanss
05-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I think they are talking about June 8-11. I may try to go. Hows the boat coming? Got any new pics?
it's coming along very slow! All these cg boats are keeeping me busy .

Devilman
05-05-2006, 09:17 AM
June 8-11, there's a thread about it now, check it out... And as you recall, it ain't far to the river either, in case anybody wants to check it out as well.... :cool: